What's the difference of mBTC to BTC? - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Adiegumabao

What's the difference of mBTC to BTC?

Does anyone know what mBTC is? I've already searched it and it said that it is like a milibitcoin? If so, then can I send Bitcoin to a mBTC wallet address?

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 2

Quote me so that I would get notified when you replied.😊

1 hour ago, Adiegumabao said:

Does anyone know what mBTC is? I've already searched it and it said that it is like a milibitcoin? If so, then can I send Bitcoin to a mBTC wallet address?

1 mBTC (Millibitcoin) equals 0.001 BTC and 1 uBTC (Microbitcoin) = 0.000001 BTC.

These are different units of measurement for bitcoin. These units have been created to show people bitcoin has more value by removing zero from decimal numbers. For example, it is better to say an item costs 5 mBTC than to say it is worth 0.005 BTC! Those who are not familiar with bitcoin, may get confused by seeing a number like 0.00xxx! Most people have worked with fiat and when they see a number starts with zero, they might think it has a low value.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

There is actually a lot of difference between MBTC and BTC because MBTC is a simple computation medium with some Satoshi and the whole BTC is actually made up of many Satoshi.  So MBTC and BTC are basically a currency.

• +1 1

BTC is the main coin, we can understand that if the coin is BTC, it will be counted as coins, but mBTC means Bitcoin mini count coins, mBTC and BTC but here it is calculated in other terms, meaning mBTC Bitcoin is much higher.

• +1 1

23 hours ago, Foisal123 said:

I have no idea about this and now i'm try to khow more about this.i think your post will helped me to khow about this. 

Thank you for letting me know that this post helped you. But somebody already commented the answer and they explained it really well. Anyways, God Bless!

• +1 1

Mbtc is a part or unit from bitcoin, I mean 1Mbtc is 0.001 bitcoin, it is a unit, from the beginning of my crypto life I rarely see thus unit, the most famous one is Satoshi, but I saw it one time when I was using a ptc site which was the minimum amount for withdraw there 0.1 Mbtc

From what I've read it is a lower denomination of Bitcoin in satoshi terms. 1 Satoshi equals 0,00000001 Bitcoin. I think that this microBTC is even lower, although I've seen exchanges use it with two or even three more denominators. I don't think that it is standard yet.

I think the only difference between them is that the mbtc is simply part of Bitcoin, for example I give you a cent is part of the dollar, this is what I know personally.

Of course you can, the difference between them is that some sites have added 3 zeros to the right of Bitcoin to get Milli Bitcoin, but I find it useful only in trading very low-value currencies.

I think it is a shortcut to a bit part of Bitcoin 0.001 or such an amount as that there is an ubtc and then satoshi it has been divided so we look for its high security and also we can use it to shop to get the smallest thing we can find on the internet or invest it

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

Well, there are multiple of these shorter versions of bitcoin. mBTC means 0.001btc. I don't know exactly why people use it but I have seen on a lot of website this thing 

Of course the measurements of Bitcoin has always being sub divided on to more simpler forms, such as the basic of Bitcoin being the Satoshi, and further again is those of mbtc and ubtc

On 3/24/2020 at 10:16 PM, mkphang said:

Since you have all explained what it is and I have learned from various definitions that was brought here then may i further ask a question on how would i be able to earn this mBTC or is it just purely btc that is earnable and that mBTC is just a term used to compute? 

I think there are some sites tht give you mBTC for payment. It's like you need to watch some ads for 30 seconds or so depending on the ad and then they will pay you by mBTC.

The matter is similar to the units of measurement and weight,  we have 1 bitcoin and we also have 0.001 milli bitcoin and therefore it is normal to find that many have transferred this amount to their portfolios I personally own this amount and I have transferred it in the form of Ethereum

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

mBTC means (Millibitcoin) form part of the Bitcoin unit, so one mBTC  (Millibitcoin) is 0.00100000 Bitcoin, also we can write it as 100000 Satoshis. But I think in the future they will reduce this number to the 3 decimal like fiat money.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Bitcoin is 1000 times greater than mbtc which means 1 btc is 1000 mbtc. K knew this only when I was using one unprofitable faucet. 

• +1 1

On 2/1/2020 at 10:55 AM, Adiegumabao said:

Thank you for letting me know that this post helped you. But somebody already commented the answer and they explained it really well. Anyways, God Bless!

well i personally still haven't yet comprehended the whole concept of what mbtc is and its difference between the btc, wait.. is mbtc A term use to describe a small portion of btc or is mbtc just another crypto currency, that is what i want to know. 

mBTC compared to BTC is the same as bitcoin but mBTC is the smallest unit of bitcoin. mBTC = milibitcoin, it's simply a currency so sending it back and forth is no problem. but most often I see bitcoin calculated with satoshi as the smallest unit of bitcoin.

mBTC is bitcoin, it's not the name of a currency. mBTC is a unit of bitcoin, its full name is Millibitcoin. 0.001 BTC = 1 mBTC. In addition there are uBTC. Simply put, it is a small part to form a complete bitcoin.

On 1/19/2020 at 8:24 PM, Adiegumabao said:

Well, that's the term that is use to pertain to satoshi counts. Example is you reach 100 posts in the forum. When you convert it to satoshi, it is equals to 100000 satoshis, right? mBTC is use as a converter also. 1 mBTC is equals to 100000 satoshi or 0.001 btc in the market. I think you can send btc to a mBTC wallet address, it only pertain the count of satoshi so I think sending btc to it is allowed.

• +1 1

On 4/27/2020 at 3:52 PM, jacker said:

mBTC compared to BTC is the same as bitcoin but mBTC is the smallest unit of bitcoin. mBTC = milibitcoin, it's simply a currency so sending it back and forth is no problem. but most often I see bitcoin calculated with satoshi as the smallest unit of bitcoin.

Well, thanks for sharing this kind of information mate, i have no idea with this mBTC and this is my first time to heared it and by the help of this reply, now i know what is the meaning of it, happy posting mate.

mbtc means milli btc and btc means bitcoin which are bigger then mbtc. And this mbtc only used the ptc sites of crypto market which paid their users not btc only mbtc which means much low value of this mbtc if we compare prices value of btc. So only used btc while investing in bitcoin or altcoins market. 

On 1/19/2020 at 3:24 PM, Adiegumabao said:

Its satoshi they say it milibitcoin because its mini bitcoin and its the same with satoshi, and that means 1mbtc means 1satoshi, or 1000mbtc means 1000satoshi and they have the same amounts, i think if you search it on google you will read about it.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, Adiegumabao said:

Just like millimeter is 0.001meter and milligram is 0.001gram, mBTC is millibitcoin and it is equivalent to 0.001btc. So we can say 0.005btc is 5mBTC and 0.0062btc is 6.2mBTC. So mBTC doesn't have it own wallet different from BTC. 

• +3 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy