Stop spamming; A little guide on how a forum topic should be - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Stop spamming; A little guide on how a forum topic should be

So what is a forum?

According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. Forums act as centralized locations for topical discussion. The Forum format is derived from BBS and Usenet.

Well, that is very technical definition, but in short a forum is where you discuss matters that people or you don't know about or are confused with. Could be a question/ a statement but something discussiable (that's not a real word by the way only meaningful)

A forum is a place for people who seek knowledge, is a place we help each other understand things. Instead of goggling a document and read it alone here you get to discuss it.

I come here often reading posts and all i see is blog type post, something like what is x wallet? really?! really dude!, i don't wanna link those posts here. just so you know very boring, at first i thought maybe this wallet has some special feature, okay let's check it out and i wound like two lines of sentence defining the wallet.. sigh! not just that i found very useless content people posting. guys the reward is sweet but make it worthy it.

So here are the things to avoid in posting forum (at least the ones i think are right, i mean its not like I'm forum expert)

1. avoid posting bitcoin news, unless its breaking and interesting (discussiable) or holds very useful info.
  2. Please don't Copy and pasting content, create original content.
  3. Don't tell us what is bitcoin.. Please! LMAO.

NOTE: Contribute to other people topics, if you have nothing to say.. you might get some ideas reading other's topics.

Edited by teminalibug
  • Useful or interesting 12

Nice one. Very good to see a good topic. This is what we need as a community. I am too tired of the spammers spamming and copy pasting. This needs an ending and I think posts like this will inspire others to write good contents.

Keep doing the good work mate. Thank you.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +3 2

6 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

So what is a forum?

According to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. Forums act as centralized locations for topical discussion. The Forum format is derived from BBS and Usenet.

Well, that is very technical definition, but in short a forum is where you discuss matters that people or you don't know about or are confused with. Could be a question/ a statement but something discussiable (that's not a real word by the way only meaningful)

A forum is a place for people who seek knowledge, is a place we help each other understand things. Instead of goggling a document and read it alone here you get to discuss it.

I come here often reading posts and all i see is blog type post, something like what is x wallet? really?! really dude!, i don't wanna link those posts here. just so you know very boring, at first i thought maybe this wallet has some special feature, okay let's check it out and i wound like two lines of sentence defining the wallet.. sigh! not just that i found very useless content people posting. guys the reward is a but make it worthy it.

So here are the things to avoid in posting forum (at least the ones i think are right, i mean its not like I'm forum expert)

1. avoid posting bitcoin news, unless its breaking and interesting (discussiable) or holds very useful info.

NOTE: Contribute to other people topics, if you have nothing to say.. you might get some ideas reading other's topics.

You wrote such worthful content, At least spammers should respect their name. If they continue spamming then many members abused and report them because serious minded people dont like spamming. Forum is plac to share and extend your knowledge, not for spamming or sharing referral links

• Useful or interesting 1

Utopia Ecosystem Technology Starts Here 😄

Lots of people really don't care, they just want to post and get paid because the campaign and because of that we see lots of spammers and bots

6 minutes ago, Mohs3n71 said:

Lots of people really don't care, they just want to post and get paid because the campaign and because of that we see lots of spammers and bots

Well this people will not stay long. As soon as the paid per post event will finish they will disappear. There are those group who are happy to have another platform to hang out and enjoying their time only those will stay here and I am sure they will rebuild the community again.

Let's build it together. Remember eventually we will get the most benefit.

• Useful or interesting 2

Your words, sir, are beautiful, but they are not completely accurate. You speak as an experienced man who is bored by the many news that he knows all of for a long time and he hears it permanently, but you should not forget that the world of Crypto is a new and open world and there are hundreds of people who enter daily in this world and love to hear the old news as they like to hear new news. So in my view there is no problem writing information about Bitcoin or other old or new currencies. The problem is in the way the topic is written, it must be written well and in order to meet certain conditions in order for the topic to come out beautifully and interestingly.

Yes what you say is true. because this is a forum, yes a forum is a place of discussion like exchanging opinions. we are too tired to see copy paste that is always circulating. thank you for letting us know, hopefully people can open their eyes and change. thanks.

• +1 1

On 10/22/2019 at 3:25 PM, Mohs3n71 said:

Well what did you guys expect to happen in a forum that pays better than a full time job in third world countries? Of course they will fill the forum and do anything to get paid and you can't blame them for it too.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:41 AM, teminalibug said:

So what is a forum?

I come here often reading posts and all i see is blog type post, something like what is x wallet? really?! really dude!, i don't wanna link those posts here. just so you know very boring, at first i thought maybe this wallet has some special feature, okay let's check it out and i wound like two lines of sentence defining the wallet.. sigh! not just that i found very useless content people posting. guys the reward is sweet but make it worthy it.

That is nice, pointing it all out especially those topics about what is Bitcoin except if this forum already define what Bitcoin is. Because in a site or forum, it is important to have a few background or knowledge about the site.

Just now, Muphin said:

That is nice, pointing it all out especially those topics about what is Bitcoin except if this forum already define what Bitcoin is. Because in a site or forum, it is important to have a few background or knowledge about the site.

That would be a good idea if a forum had some kind of a FAQ page where Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are defined then the all about of the forum is described there.

20 hours ago, teminalibug said:

That would be a good idea if a forum had some kind of a FAQ page where Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are defined then the all about of the forum is described there.

Yeah, I also agree with that one, where all of the questions necessary in this forum is compiled in there in one section. I just hope that administrators see this and implement it.

Well, this is true, we need to avoid some spammers because this is unfair to us like we are doing time interval to manage our posting and also to respect for the admins here because they are helping us to earn money then we need to back it just to respect this forum.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:41 AM, teminalibug said:

So what is a forum?

Wow, thanks for enlighting me about this one thankyou for the information and also thanks for sharing some guidelines i really appreciate it because it's really a big help for me. 

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +2 1

On 10/6/2019 at 9:41 AM, teminalibug said:

So what is a forum?

yow dude this is so helpful men not only to share info but to help us how to make one please men keep doing this and many more people will have more thoughts about what you make.

Indeed yes,
in today's world of technology, it is not easy to stop spamming/copy-paste/duplicate topics/plagiarism since most if not some of us think that forum is an "open world where there is no rules", they think that its their right to do things they are capable off, but in some way we are not living in this world alone, we also need to consider people around us and not just our own,
as saying goes: "men crafted laws/rules for them selves", so if so that we have rights to do what ever we want to do without considering others,
what are rules for? what are laws for?

7 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

For the blog type post, I believe a forum should be informative and evocative as well. So if I post a blog type topic, you can still come with a superior argument or give a better alternative. I once posted about Math wallet in this forum and members gave a better suggestion of wallets which I took.

I agree with not posting bitcoin news as most of these news are always copy and paste news. 

There are sections that supports block like topics, like the tutorial section, token announcements, etc so i agree with you some how.

17 hours ago, DORANBU0818 said:

yow dude this is so helpful men not only to share info but to help us how to make one please men keep doing this and many more people will have more thoughts about what you make.

Oh! thanks for the appreciation, I juts like to help new people and to also help reduce spams on the site in my own way.

17 hours ago, ASDFGHJKL17 said:

Wow, thanks for enlighting me about this one thankyou for the information and also thanks for sharing some guidelines i really appreciate it because it's really a big help for me. 

The best part on creating my topics in when they actually get to help others, so i'm glad you read my topic and there are more coming, good one.

Yes, we should look up first about the topics that interest us and perform replies to those topics to minimize the spamming for the forum. We need quality content of posts here, which could be considered as treasure.

Just now, Lubna said:

Cryptotalk became my favourite forum..At the very beginning there was a number of scammers who were polluting the environment this forum. but it is quite clean now.

There are still number of spams hiding in replies, I think admins should hire more mods like they do in Bitcointalk.

Just now, Lubna said:

You are right maybe. Some people reply single post again and again. they just copy their previous comment and paste it again so that they can earn easily.

Yes, but also in many case, I see people, write/paste random text from anywhere that does don't have any relation to the topic in question, this is very disturbing.

Edited by teminalibug

This is useful topic, and in the same time like a rules for the beginners especially and all of the members here, sometimes we need this kind of reminder to stay up-to-date 

I completely agree with you. Cause many newcomers in this forum page post unwanted and irrelevant posts which are completely annoying. And also I think that the admins are working days and night to stop spamming and delete unwanted posts! So this problem should be solved soon! 

This forum is a great forum and in this forum we can earn and also learn so much but in this forum any one can not spam because moderators are active in this forum and also in this forum they need good and quality posts and informative post. I learn so much in this forum.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Big up bro @teminalibug here are very few people like you, creating such a very useful topics and waste your precious time, it should how much you are committed to this forum.

Stop spamming; A little guide on how a forum topic should be

It all starts with the Title Topic (meaningless or repeated).

So the OP does not improve and is worse.

But the incredible thing is that the users come and start the response chain. Repeating and repeating the same thing, I have decided to name "FullHouseSpam"

Topic+OP+Posts  _

Please don't participate in Topic that are really bads or spam.

Edited by alexisfuentes

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics