Hardware Wallets - Page 5 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Hardware Wallets

What hardware wallet are you using?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What hardware wallet are you using?

• Ledger Nano S
    • Ledger Nano X
    • Trezor T
    • Trezor One
    • KeepKey
    • Safepal
    • I don't use any hardware wallet

Well I'm just new and don't have any hardware wallet yet that I'm using, I just using online wallet that is suported in my country, but maybe as I learning more about crypto I might try some hardware wallet that I can fully use. 

Ledger Nano S is a widely used hardware portfolio developed by the French company Ledger. It is a smart card-based micro USB device. It's the size of a compact flash drive, 39 x 13 x 4mm (1.53 x 0.51 x 0.16 inch) and weighs only 5.9g.

14 hours ago, Maahi said:

OMG 50% people saying they are not using hardware wallet it means most of user using online wallet. I am using blockchain and coinbase from last 6 years.

So what? Are you proud? If you are serious about the security of your assets you should use a hardware wallet. The price is not pricey compared to the destruction that will occur when you are hacked.

BTC: 3PmWotSGNLYiQtQgmRctqAAWVMtAayf282

I use the Trezor T hardware wallet for personal crypto storage. Because the technology is open-source and always updates the development of coins and also in my opinion is safe because private keys and public keys are accessed using a PIN.

I am not qualified to own a hardware wallet, but I am wondering between the Nano S Ledger and KeepKey. I will use 1 of those wallets conditionally. I learned about them, they are perfect.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:40 AM, jacker said:

I like the Nano X Ledger, I want to upgrade to the Nano X Ledger instead of the Nano S. Ledger. The hardware wallets are all good and safe, so own one.

The only drawback of nanoX is that it has build in battery that will not last for ever. On the contrary nano S is battery independent HW wallet.  So I would prefer  to have S instead of X.

Ledger Nano S is a powerful wallet that makes me comfortable in dealing with it, and I feel that my currencies are completely safe and are easy to use at any time, as if you are saving your currencies on the net.

A hardware wallet is a cryptocurrency wallet which stores the user's private keys (critical piece of information used to authorise outgoing transactions on the blockchain network) in a secure hardware device. The main principle behind hardware wallets is to provide full isolation between the private keys and your easy-to-hack computer or smartphone.

Ledger’s First AMA

Hardware wallets are good if you have a lot of crypto currency and would like to keep your funds safe and secure to avoid hacking. I have been hacked in the past unfortunately and have lost a lot of crypto.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

Ledger Nano X is my best hardware wallet. It has the top classed the highest standard of crypto security.You can store and access your all of the valuable crypto currencies in this wallet. Your secret phrases will not be stored in any servers. 

I am currently using Ledger Nano X wallet and through my experience it is a good wallet and has the majority of cryptocurrencies and I had no problem with it

THINK POSITIVE

On 12/31/2019 at 10:47 AM, Jonayeed said:

I think A hardware wallet is a special type of bitcoin wallet which stores the user's private keys in a secure hardware device. ... private keys are often stored in a protected area of a microcontroller, and cannot be transferred out of the device in plaintext. immune to computer viruses that steal from software wallets.

Yes it's all about the private key the most secure is the hard wallet not like soft wallet but the majority use the sofrware wallet because it's free and dont want to pay for a hard wallet 

On 9/29/2019 at 7:41 PM, hexwin said:

Hardware wallets are very important for securing your cryptocurrencies 

and protecting them from stealing or hacking.

Please VOTE and choose what wallet you prefer and use.

I did vote yes I'm not using any hardware wallet. I'm using the coinbase wallet since beginning that's all. For me its really good wallet with 2fa security system activated. 

On 05.05.2020 at 12:17, CnapmaK said:

We need hardware wallets only if we want to hold coins for a years. That is why I am not using Hardware wallets. My favorite wallets are Blockchain, Payeer, Cryptonator and WebMoney wallets. To use these wallet is easy. That is why i choose them.

It's not necessary to just keep coins on hardware wallets, I send coins from wallet when I need to, and sacrificing security for the sake of time is not a good idea.

Am not using any of those wallets because am storing my coins in three different online wallets and they are very safe. I use coinpot wallet, faucetpay and localbitcoins wallet. They are very safe and they have low fees.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

15 hours ago, Calvinpriva said:

Am not using any of those wallets because am storing my coins in three different online wallets and they are very safe. I use coinpot wallet, faucetpay and localbitcoins wallet. They are very safe and they have low fees.

@Calvinpriva I do not know about your wallets, but I know about localbitcoin, it is not a wallet, it is an exchange. And when talking about above hardware wallets, do  not at all mention exchanges or faucets. Those are safest wallets. 

• Useful or interesting 1

I think that Ledger Nano X is better, offering more capacity and a better battery. I was a big trezor fanatic but it seems that competition is fierce lately and a few developers have found some critical flaws in their design. 

Mostly you don't see people using hardware wallets, some don't even know about it. If you are storing a big amount of cryptocurrency, hardware wallets are recommending, so I only use Ledger Nano S in this case. 

• +1 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

I don't use any key wallet and I just have a paper wallet which is also really good and safe and I say this from my years of experience for it

Life is great and enjoy it

On 5/19/2020 at 5:05 PM, Thekingcallme said:

I don't use any key wallet and I just have a paper wallet which is also really good and safe and I say this from my years of experience for it

I like paper wallet too but it is very hot easy to convert it back to another cryptocurrency or even money, it is not easy to make use of unlike hardware wallet that bridge the safety with the ease of use. 

• +1 2

On 5/22/2020 at 2:43 PM, DoboniAyuuii said:

Ledger nano x is very safe to use, secure and trusted.  You can use it on your phone with bluetooth using it with  ledger live mobile app. It has passphrase also and password supported. 

Previously, I also used Ledger Nano X wallet but after sometime, I left using that wallet. Now I use Trezor T to store some valuable cryptocurrencies like Bitcoinand other altcoins. This is the smart idea to be safe from hackers and online thief. 

• +1 2

I use the hardware wallet sometimes, but I always rely on the paper wallet and the blockchain wallet. The paper wallet is very safe and difficult to penetrate, and the blockchain wallet has a very strong system and is easy to use.

• +1 1

13 hours ago, DoboniAyuuii said:

It is surprising that someone convert from one wallet to another. 

Is ledger nano x not good?

Did you saw any vulnerability I'm ledger nano x?

Why did you like trezor to ledger nano? 

Ledger nano is a very good wallet, infact, wallet owners like it, the most sold hardware wallet is larger nano and they are the best hardware wallet that is also cheap. 

Present I don't use any hardware wallet because I use yobit and coinbase to store my assets, because this exchange gives strong security to protect our account safely, and one think in online any think is not safe and any think  happens.

Edited by Honny143
Spelling mistake
  • +1 1

I have not started using Ledger Nano S yet, but I have read a lot about the high level of the firewall and the percentage of good transfer fees and I plan to use it in the coming periods after making sure of the types of currencies that can be stored inside this wallet

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day