How to use search filters function properly in this forum? - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

How to use search filters function properly in this forum?

On 1/14/2020 at 9:34 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

I want to know how can I search for topics that I have never read or posted in them (both old and new ones). I use the search filter Activity/Unread Content but it still shows me topics that I have posted in them before. How can I search to find the topics that are new to me? Which search filters do you use to achieve this? There are other filters like time period and sorting. I tried them too but I still see repetitive topics in the search results. If you know the solution, please explain it here.

Just sort them using By Date normally new post are sorted by Date on when they are created just find them using there Date in Sort Search in the forum.

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

about this problem I have asked my colleagues, but I did not get tips, ways, and reasons that match my knowledge.
but because it is asked too often, there is a solution but the solution is not accurate and illogical.

hopefully in the future there are ways and tips that are easy and convenient to run.

You can just click on any forum section and you can find the most latest post. You will not have to worry about it. You can just start giving replies. 

You just have to set the current date of the sorting options and then new posts will appear. It's the easiest technique to used when it comes to finding new post. 

By in what you said you should not use the search engine of this forum for your aim like that, you should use the sort feature instead the search engine. In sort feature you may manipulate what post you like to see first if the old posts or new posts.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:34 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

I want to know how can I search for topics that I have never read or posted in them (both old and new ones). I use the search filter Activity/Unread Content but it still shows me topics that I have posted in them before. How can I search to find the topics that are new to me? Which search filters do you use to achieve this? There are other filters like time period and sorting. I tried them too but I still see repetitive topics in the search results. If you know the solution, please explain it here.

Well i have already mentioned it before that administrators really need to modify search bar and filters and make it more easy to use. 

Whenever I post at first i check that the post is being repeated or not but sometimes search bar doesn't give you desired results.

Which lead us to our post deleted by administrators.

Hello there

If you wanna post something, before post please use search filter for find that topic which are you wanna post here, if you see there same topic then please avoid to post that.

use that topic tagline for search, i did it for search.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

I tried to do this too but realised the forum didn't have this for topics but just for comments. If you mark a section read in this forum, any time someone comments on a topic in the forum, it becomes New. The best way to sort forum if you don't want repetition is by start date

To know if you have replied or not in a particular topic, Go to the topic listing page of any section. There the topic starts with two message sign. If that is shaded means you have replied to that topic and if it is not shaded then you have not replied under such topic.

To know if you have replied or not in a particular topic, Go to the topic listing page of any section. There the topic starts with two message sign. If that is shaded means you have replied to that topic and if it is not shaded then you have not replied under such topic.

Edited by Elaaf

On the topic list page, you have the option to sort. if anyone can help me with this information. the same post filter of this forum very easily. This helps us prevent the deletion of your post.

27 minutes ago, Hadeeeza said:

that I give rise to posted in them before. How can I search to recover the topics that are new to me? Which search filters figure out you exploit to reach this? nearby are other filters like time phase and organization

Which search filters resolve you purpose to pull off this? near are other filters like time period and sorting. I tried them moreover but I motionless glimpse repetitive

Which search filters do you work to achieve this? nearby are other filters like time interlude and sorting. I tried them exceedingly but I quiet predict repetitive topics in the search results. 

If you want to sort them by Date Then you can use the Sort By button to do so it is easy to use and its very handy to use to find good topic.

Screenshot_2020-02-16-19-31-30-26_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.thumb.png.99a5d15585f8a7a0d2edc52c7d487d12.png

Get 10% Kickback on your Trading fees using this Link : https://www.binance.com  

If you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you'll receive

$10 worth of free Bitcoin! Link : Coinbase

publishOX.gif.48cd9f50f6786cac26a168b63e1b61ba.gif

manually, you can note the chat symbol to the left of the topic title. the white one means you have never made a post there, and if it is black then you have made a post there.

You can know the differences of the one you've commented or maybe the not so new topic sinch the dialogue bubble will be filled with color while the others that you haven't commented is just empty and the dialogue bubble isn't filled.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:46 PM, Ms.o said:

I remember, this issue has been asked already by other members but in different forms,m, i also get confused before about those topics that i have read and commented already,and there's one member said that you can notice it on a 2 chat box icon besides every topic,and its as easy as that to determine, 

If you already commented on that topic both will be color black but if you havent commented,the one is just white and the other one is black.and if you quoted on that topic both will turn into grey.

Hope this could help you.

Nice one pal. I just understand also now what forum rwfers to the colors chatbox like, Some post i quote and turn into grey, the post i replied becomes black.

Hi bro, to search for new topics, I usually use Click Unread Content, There are many features available ranging from content types, time periods and sorting, if we choose a time period we can use a specific date range, or we can also use Sorting by selecting the newest first

I think the used of search filter is to find the certain topic you want. For example, you want to search about the payment in this forum so you just need to search it then it will direct you to a posts that is about payments in this forum. 

On 1/14/2020 at 6:34 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Yes in this forum you see on right top corner the sort option and you have to click on that and then click on start date then you show which post you done your comment and you understand all things.

5 hours ago, Mb160442 said:

I hqve not used them. But you also not getting me. Specify the detail ple

What detail? Beyond you can use the sort button with start date. I'm equally new here but taking the pains to read forum rules is good and getting familiarize with features in this forum makes us last longer in this forum

I think if you unmoving see posts that you by now replied on them then this earnings that there is not anything new-fangled, you could do with to confirm presently and me in addition I use this feature to categorize my topic in cryptotalk and to not answer back to the same subject matter twice .

Most times, no matter the search filter you use, you will still see posts which you have commented in. What I usually use to differentiate them is that the one which I have commented in shows a star while the one which I haven't commented in shows a bullet.

After commenting on a topic, I usually click on the 'next unread topic' at the down right position and it takes me to topics I have not read or commented.

The sit of good search . There us a search box this search box you can type in your search caption these is a very good thing to which you will gain something food out of it .