Token price drop in ICO after listing - Page 3 - ICO/IEO's - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
complex

Token price drop in ICO after listing

15 hours ago, CrazyIvan said:

The point I'm trying to make is that when it's ICO presale, people get a discount. The people who don't take part in presale, but want the coin need to buy when market opens. The people who took part in the discounted presale know this, and want to make a profit. Then all the people who buy on the market FOMO and then price drops. 

Most of the time price drops lower than 50% of presale price, so if you buy ICO to hodl, you're going to have a hard time, because most of time you start with loss. 

Most of the people I know who buy ico are always selling it for profit once its listed on any exchange because we all know it will dump as soon as everyone gets a chance to cash out their profits. Plus Most ico now are scams.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

You do not need to directly participate in the ICO the first time you know. Take the time to do your research well and do some of the crowdsale that happens to your intuition, then start in small amounts.

• +1 1

On 10/6/2019 at 2:30 PM, complex said:

i invested my money in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team and also good hype but after listing in exchange the price drop badly. some of project also not recovering since ling time. what is your opinion abut it?  now i lost alot of money in ICO's

I think it is reasonable. Because the market is down, so are the tokens that are sold at unreasonable prices. We just have to wait for their prices to recover or they will die

It is because the market is not very good but now it is recovering maybe it will behave the same as the end of 2017 when the coins were pumped 10x after listing on exchanges as at that time the crypto market was very well.

• +1 1

several reasons can be pointed for the drops in price immediately after listing, between bounty hunters and early investors, what matters is that this is a risk, especially when the team didn't take precautions...

If projects are good and already on advanced stage it is only a matter of time, but if they are young, this can be a killer

• +1 1

For the most part, ICOs will tend to drop in value when listed on exchanges for one or more of the following reasons. 1. The bounty hunters and airdrop recipients dump their tokens on the exchange at just below ICO price to guarantee a quick sale (assuming interest in the market). The second reason is because they list the token on a crap exchange that is easily manipulated, as soon as the pump groups get hold of it the token price can go anywhere, whether high or low. Stay away until listed on at least a best level exchange like Yobit.

• +2 1

Hello.  I recently invested $ 50 in a project.  At the end of the ICO, they closed.  And some drops do not pay tokens at all.  Recently I came across a drop.  I hope he goes public.  Have you noticed drops like blockchain, stealar?

• +1 1

On 10/6/2019 at 4:30 PM, complex said:

i invested my money in many ICO which has good concept, experienced team and also good hype but after listing in exchange the price drop badly. some of project also not recovering since ling time. what is your opinion abut it?  now i lost alot of money in ICO's

I'm sorry to hear that.

You need to be more careful now, always remember to invest what you can afford to lose.

It's hard to find the best ICO right now, most of which fell after listing on the external market. 

Besides considering the project utilities, the developers of ICO must know how to manage token holders and manage money circulation.

• +1 1

4 hours ago, Moldovan said:

Bounty hunters usually get lower than 1% of the total supply available of the coins so that should not affect the market as much as most people think it will. And also not all bounty participants will sell their coins because some of them will hold them

you're right, don't always blame to bounty hunters. it won't affected too much in the market. i ever joined ICO without bounty allocation, but in the end the price dumped. it happens because most of investors always sell their tokens also their bonuses from token sale immediately after it listed on the market. or maybe some of team member pretend to be a buyer than sold it.

Some ICO now has the same pattern SALE>SALE END>LIST>DUMP>DEAD and repeat, Usually the dump when first entering the exchange is caused by many factors such as investors taking short profits or bounty hunters who sell their fees. But this is actually the responsibility of the team as well, they should at least be ready for this to provide back up funds and also periodic updates to the community that gives higher confidence to the holders and community.

That's because most tokens are dumped by the investors as soon as they hit the market, plus the airdrop and bounty, so don't expect too much from the market in the beginning. Later on, it might catch on.

15 hours ago, moree4 said:

Its not all about the market, its depend about the project to, if the project bad the coin will dont have a demand after list market

Yes it is also right. Before 2018 the projects were spending a good amount on marketing ad their projects were doing great but after the end of 2017 the ICO projects thought that people will invest without their marketing so they left marketing and when they left marketing people left to invest in them and these projects failed continuously. 

On 11/1/2019 at 5:37 AM, dion2566 said:

that's for sure, during ico 2018-2019 all ico coin prices dropped drastically when entering the market, there might be an element of deliberation from the pihar developers to get even more profit because they usually have a lot of supply of coins. so it's their chance to sell it for profit. so be careful in investing in ico / IEO now.

They are the cancer of crypto that really needs to be killed and thrown out of the market for us to have a healthy market,  a lot of investors are now out of crypto because of these ico scams dumping all on investors. 

10 minutes ago, dion2566 said:

absolutely right, but it's hard to know which ico is really a scam because as it seems everything is almost good, but in the end the destroyer and villain in the crypto world. so it is better to be careful and wise in investing

We can easily find the scam ICO by finding that how is the project behaving and who are in the team. We have to read that how much the team members are expert in the crypto field and after that we have to decide to invest or not. 

8 hours ago, lacusc62 said:

Yeah, this often happens to a number of ICO projects that I participated in before and I'm very sorry for their actions for this because it has an impact on the reputation of crypto in the eyes of investors, It's nice to be like-minded and can discuss with you dude!

It is true that this often happens, after listing on the exchanger, the developer team is no longer actively communicating to inform the development of the project or roadmap. A good project is a project that continues to communicate with the community because with communication, investor confidence will be maintained

18 hours ago, dion2566 said:

absolutely right, but it's hard to know which ico is really a scam because as it seems everything is almost good, but in the end the destroyer and villain in the crypto world. so it is better to be careful and wise in investing

I kinda put the  blame on those who invest in an ico without doing thier research about it because no matter how promising a project is you shouldn't just throw your money on it and hope they will deliver. 

1 minute ago, dion2566 said:

true what you said, and therefore this porum is important so that we give each other information so that the new foray into the world of investment understand how risky investing without first researching the project.

Its been 2 years since that ico surge started and people have been warned many times and even now exchanges give you that little notice when you want to withdraw and tells you not to send it to ico...people still do it.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:30 AM, complex said:

I have also experienced that and the reason price drops immediately the coin/token is listed is because of the actions of bounty hunters, who does not have any attachment to the coin;/token.

The loss of all the hype over ICO might be caused by investor disappointment due to the decrease in the price of the purchased token and an increase in the number of frauds. I just want to say TRAGIC Cheesy but that might not be a fortune, bro. KuCoin is a former Exchange Top 10 that lost a position due to a decrease in trading volume lately.

this has often happened in other projects, I myself have experienced that ICO prices do not match the tokens, so there I was disappointed and I had to be careful again in choosing ICO issued so that it did not happen again.

Cause a token form ICO have a high supply with only short time really diferent with coins went they limited the supply everyday. because of that ICO Token dont have a high market condition and cant handle the market also from the investor it self.

23 hours ago, Cryptominded said:

I have also experienced that and the reason price drops immediately the coin/token is listed is because of the actions of bounty hunters, who does not have any attachment to the coin;/token.

To be honest, On some campaign that i joined before Bounty pool mostly only around 1%-10% Max (Average about 3%) With that little token distribution, I think the bounty hunter only gives effect on the first day until the fifth day. Besides, investors who get bonuses also usually dump. The rest is the responsibility of the team to hire market makers and maintain their token prices while developing their projects.

Yeah I also faced this situation couple of times that coin's price dropped after get list on exchange. I think it’s happen because of quick sellers. They start selling their coins and for which price goes down.       

True, most international IPOs have fallen because more fishermen are selling coins when they are already distributed. Most fishermen exploit and want to convert their own codes into money in the form of salaries.😨