Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these? - Page 5 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
dentolas

Privacy and privacy coins, do we really need these?

I think privacy is necessary, and it will make me more comfortable and comfortable. I also hope that there will be more privacy in the future because there are many problems now

The anonymity of bitcoin is that when you receive a transfer, you do not need any documents. In order not to advertise your financial affairs, you need to use anonymous cryptocurrencies. Dash, Monero, Zcash. When using them, no one will know either the transfer amount or the address of the sender and recipient.

On 10/6/2019 at 4:59 PM, dentolas said:

A lot of people say that privacy coins are meant for illegal activities and that we don't really need them as persons that seek privacy are the ones with something to hide.

I think that we should be able to choose the level of anonimity and privacy of our finance. Does this make me a dark lord exchanging diamonds? well, those guys have been using printed money for ages... and isn't printed money anonymous?

For those with nothing to hide, Facebook supporters, etc... why don't you broadcast all your passwords online? oh... privacy issues....

BTC does not fullfill this goal, and even privacy coins still show holes and keep evolving with the recent introdution of the first non-BTC-based MimbleWimble coins...

To me, this is an interesting subject that most times remain undiscussed... humanity valued it's privacy in the past, and with the digital age we are forgetting about it... the problem is that privacy is one of the things that helps us to grow as individuals

Well, there are many points of view on this, so I would like to see yours 🙂

It was not created for the main purpose of illegal activities only, the main purpose for privacy is for the users who don't like to reveal their identities for some reasons. Though it is very useful for illegal activities but we need them especially if we want to transfer amount securely and anonymously. 

On 10/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, dentolas said:

A lot of people say that privacy coins are meant for illegal activities and that we don't really need them as persons that seek privacy are the ones with something to hide.

I think that we should be able to choose the level of anonimity and privacy of our finance. Does this make me a dark lord exchanging diamonds? well, those guys have been using printed money for ages... and isn't printed money anonymous?

For those with nothing to hide, Facebook supporters, etc... why don't you broadcast all your passwords online? oh... privacy issues....

BTC does not fullfill this goal, and even privacy coins still show holes and keep evolving with the recent introdution of the first non-BTC-based MimbleWimble coins...

To me, this is an interesting subject that most times remain undiscussed... humanity valued it's privacy in the past, and with the digital age we are forgetting about it... the problem is that privacy is one of the things that helps us to grow as individuals

Dear mate I think first of all you haven't explain what private coins are neither the examples of private coins please mate can you give examples of private coins so that it will enable me to understand your article

4 minutes ago, Skuur said:

yes privacy is needed and privacy coins too as we see there are few that are new to the market, Bitcoin is not a privacy coin as I read on forums. Some privacy coins allow to delete the transaction too so that no one can know who traded and how much etc.

Privacy coins are always a good option for us. And also they provide us the security. So we are been too Dilusional.

On 10/6/2019 at 11:59 AM, dentolas said:

Also people who make these arguments often forget that lots of big companies want privacy, it's not for random individuals or criminals. It should be a human right, not just an option that you have to defend.

I also personally don't think that there is any need of privacy with the coins yes we can have a privacy with the accounts so that it could be protected by the hackers and scammers but what about privacy with the coins it should be shown to the public so that they could also take interest in it rather hiding it.

For me, I don't really need privacy money, bitcoin is almost unchanged, 7-8 years it has been so increased in value and not in the upgrade.

People around the world like privacy too and they may want to use privacy featured coin in some of their transactions just to be extra safe and crypto should be able to offer this feature like any other feature.

Using privacy wallets is good because it will increase more security to our coins but we have to find the right privacy wallet, there are many spammers in many sites and they came with new stealing traps every day.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

We puzzle out essential privacy coins, but we be capable of moreover benefit from privacy based wallets for Bitcoin.

This is marginal road to put up transactions secret for Bitcoin also.

Do you mean with your post that there are people who take advantage of digital money for their illegal interests, this is very dangerous for us to know the sites where we register our entry in order not to be exposed to these things and that is for the sake of humanity of course.

Privacy coins are one of the best coins feature wise and I don't think crypto can continue to exist without them, users want privacy as much as any other things and if crypto can not provide that privacy people will start to look elsewhere.

those privacy coins are the last good bit of crypto we have left that isnt controlled by governments or banks and through it we can send money anywhere without a trace.

We need online privacy to protect ourselves and our funds from criminals. I would feel safer if noone was able to figure out how much holdings I have just by looking into an address. Most addresses are already linked with our accounts and criminals can easily target large funds involved and try various methods to contact individuals and scam them. This is the problem privacy coins are trying to solve. Still that doesn't mean that we accept their use-case for laundering money obtained by illegal activities. 

On 10/6/2019 at 2:29 PM, dentolas said:

I am also agree with you, we have need of privacy for our finance. And these privacy coins are best for that. But illegal activities are different thing, they are everywhere. Even criminals can do any activity with fiat also. Privacy coins are not main reason for money laundering.  Even Illegal activities are going on before the introduction of crypto. One thing these privacy coins provide us safety from hackers because they could not trace our transactions also.

It is never possible to improve because if there were a way to work in a team, it would be possible to work from here and improve at different times in different ways.

Privacy coins plays their own role on cryptocurrency and this also serve us right when using it because it hide our identity and even the balance we have in the wallet

Privacy coins plays their own role on cryptocurrency and this also serve us right when using it because it hide our identity and even the balance we have in the wallet

On 3/23/2020 at 12:18 PM, Majeshi said:

Its good to use privacy wallets in crypto currency so that we can protect our coins. My best wallet that i use with privacy its faucet crypto, i receive my earnings there throgh a private key or email.

I have never heard of such a wallet, is it a micropayment wallet like faucethub was?

On 10/6/2019 at 4:59 PM, dentolas said:

It depends to people choice because for me the choice of them is the most important. 

We all have different choice when it comes to coins but for me everyone's opinion about privacy coin is the most important. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

On 3/31/2020 at 10:23 PM, Loula said:

better believe it we need protection of our altcoins. we need to make our trasaction anonymously  since everybody need security. that is the reason I likewise need a security coin .

Privacy coins does  it mean they are more secure, they are just more privacy and anonymous than normal cryptos.

I think we are in dire need of these currencies, and not all people represent each other. There is good and bad, but privacy is important to everyone

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes, you are right, many people claim to raise currencies, because it keeps its owner as well as it depends on suspicious business and illegal trade. Coins were not used for suspicious actions It is good that you talked about this topic

• Useful or interesting 1

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

9 hours ago, pablomarwan said:

Yes, you are right, many people claim to raise currencies, because it keeps its owner as well as it depends on suspicious business and illegal trade. Coins were not used for suspicious actions It is good that you talked about this topic

Privacy coins still have their importance in cryptocurrency, we should not just isolated them, they have the right to be used like other cryptocurrency

5 hours ago, Summi said:

Yes at some moments they will be useful as they have the purpose of their creation and they are used for those purpose.

Absolutely right,  everyone that is created has it own purpose and this purpose will serve us when we are ready to make use of it at the right time