Purchase video games with bitcoin - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

Purchase video games with bitcoin

Before, you had to go to a store to buy a video game. But these days, most players shop online. The possession of video games has become digital, like many digital currencies themselves. So it is only natural that you will accept more and more leading Bitcoin gaming sales platforms.

Steam - The world's largest computer gaming platform.

Xbox - Pay for games, add-ons, and Xbox Live subscription.

Play Station Network - You can pay for games, additions, and a PlayStation Network subscription.

Hempel Pendel - Unregistered games site.

Big Fish Games - an irregular gaming company based in Seattle, Washington.

Green Man Gaming - Games, Switches, and Digital Games.

Zinga - mobile and online games.

Isn't that cool?

Yes, the more sophisticated, the more sophisticated the technology. That can happen, where video game sellers collaborate with Bitcoin in terms of payment, I think this will make it easier for buyers because it is online.

• Useful or interesting 1

Buy video game with crypto currencies like ethereum bitcoin ripple and other cryptocurrencies some video game retailers took it as an opportunity to cater to its tech-savvy community there are many online games available you can buy buy with cryptocurrencies as the technology increased many shopkeeper except bitcoin and other crypto coins as a payment method

1 hour ago, Loly said:

Steam once supported Bitcoin, but dropped its support because in their words, they have no control over the fees in the network, which sometimes lead to unreasonable fees, making some purchases more expensive.

It is really cool that gamers can buy their favorite game online using Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

This is the kind of adoption we need and with the increase of online activities I can only see more and more adoption for our favorite coins.

In the current Internet age, a lot of things are going to change because of the fact that this video game is talking about the exact thing because when we used to buy before, but we used to shop from different platforms.  In that case now but at home we can buy bitcoin through internet.  So in the case of video games that we have simply bought now, in the future it will be easier to buy different things with Bitcoin.

3 hours ago, Loly said:

Before, you had to go to a store to buy a video game. But these days, most players shop online. The possession of video games has become digital, like many digital currencies themselves. So it is only natural that you will accept more and more leading Bitcoin gaming sales platforms.

Play Station Network - You can pay for games, additions, and a PlayStation Network subscription.

Isn't that cool?

Yes that is cool and convenient because in our generation it is more easy to pay online  because of the fast transaction. I hope that the other organization accept the crypto currency as a payment method.

I have not heard or seen anyone who purchase video games with bitcoin I have played the games but I never purchased and game with bitcoin I only know you can gamble with bitcoin and altcoins also

With Bitcoin, we can buy various things at the present time.  Earlier, the video games that we used to buy at various stores were not available anymore.  Because we can buy different games with Bitcoin.  The use and demand of Bitcoin and the purchase of certain services will continue to increase.

5 hours ago, Loly said:

Isn't that cool?

I think this came at the wrong time ☺️. Steam dropped support for bitcoin payments 2 years ago, to quote Valve themselves:

Spoiler

In the past few months we've seen an increase in the volatility in the value of Bitcoin and a significant increase in the fees to process transactions on the Bitcoin network. For example, transaction fees that are charged to the customer by the Bitcoin network have skyrocketed this year, topping out at close to $20 a transaction last week (compared to roughly $0.20 when we initially enabled Bitcoin). Unfortunately, Valve has no control over the amount of the fee. These fees result in unreasonably high costs for purchasing games when paying with Bitcoin. The high transaction fees cause even greater problems when the value of Bitcoin itself drops dramatically.

It's important to note that this announcement was made when the bitcoin price was at an all time high at $20,000. This means that the miner's fee alone, which was $20 then, was in some cases more than the video game itself. So imagine that Modern Warfare game you just bought on Steam being  20% more expensive because of that, to the gamers it's like paying taxes.

For the company selling the video games with bitcoin it's much too difficult to reserve an ample amount of bitcoin because there's always a chance that a dump will happen and shrink their reserve value.

I don't think the other platforms you mentioned even got onboard with Bitcoin, for this very reason alone. It would be more feasible to make the payments with a stablecoin like USDT instead of a fluctuating coin like bitcoin.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

Great job for games developer, they can catch opportunity by using crypto as payment method. We see many good thing happen because crypto, game and merchant is the best example. People need to adapt with this method but I'm sure they already know crypto benefits.

7 hours ago, Loly said:

Isn't that cool?

I also buy some games from steam, and I never tried from The other mentioned store, but it is great that even a game could be brought using a crypto and its lot more easier, imagine you want a new game then with just using your computer accessing the online store that offers crypto payment and only a few clicks you've already brought the game lot more easy right that's why I love using crypto even more.

Seeing as the more games are bought digitally nowadays the thought that cryptocurrency can be used to buy games ins't that far-fetched and with the gaming community consisting of people who are regular residents of the internet it is only a matter of time before that becomes the main way in which we purchase games. 

7 hours ago, Loly said:

Isn't that cool?

Some of my friends purchased online too and it is really amazing where bitcoin is used as a mode of payment. 

Well, I hope that in the near future bitcoin will be fully accepted in all countries.

I never know about this but the real question is government can get taxes or not?. This is the main problem using crypto as alternative payment. We never reject technology but must have benefits for all, include government. This is good news but need regulation to control it before something wrong happen and no one want take responsibility.

It is good to see such sites and large platforms accept digital currencies as a method of payment because this will be profitable for them and easier for people who do not have bank cards.

15 hours ago, Loly said:

Isn't that cool?

Video games are the largest entertainment industry in the world today, and since most computer games are sold online to a young and tech population, they are well suited for cryptocurrency payments.

Yes, most video games now require users to buy their products online. whether it's to buy the application or to upgrade their top up.

I think it would be a stupid thing to do if you buy video games with Bitcoin, and one of the reasons is that the price of video games will never be wrong if you recognize that Bitcoin is invested in something like your investment but BitcoinIf you have that means if you hold coins because you have them, you will be able to take a lot of profits if you hold coins and that is why I think at no time should Bitcoin be posted

Bitcoin is expanding a lot and it has been added to many video game platforms and this is great for gamers and it makes it easier and more enjoyable to buy games.

THINK POSITIVE

Online games also have a payment option and it can be possible in the future. It is amazing if it will add cryptocurrency to the top moba games in the online.

Actually I'm buy some many games by using credit card. Maximum gaming platforms are not supporting Bitcoin but if gaming platforms are support bitcoin than this is helpful for every Crypto users.

Steam first provided it, but later deleted it again from their payment system because it was difficult to balance the price of bitcoin which was always changing with the price of the game. the solution to that is, estimate the game price, so crypto prices will follow. if you put a permanent price with crypto, it will be difficult.

I heard with egifter you can buy Steam giftcard with crypto. With steam giftcard you can buy video games that you want to play, thats cool

I will never do this. I will never spend this precious bitcoin on playing video games. Because with Bitcoin, I would spend bitcoin from my wallet if I had to do some shopping for many of my favorite things.