What is the meaning of Halvening? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Black_Sword

What is the meaning of Halvening?

I read some topic in this forum and I read this term "Halvening" and I don't know what is the meaning of that, anyone can explain it so I can get an idea about it and understand also of the other new user here in this forum. Thank you in advance.

• Useful or interesting 15
  • +1 11
  • +2 13
  • +3 5
  • +4 4

I see mostly of people here are talking about the bitcoin halving but I also don't know what's the meaning of the bitcoin halving by the way

• Useful or interesting 3
  • -1 1
  • +1 1

6 hours ago, Black_Sword said:

I read some topic in this forum and I read this term "Halvening" and I don't know what is the meaning of that, anyone can explain it so I can get an idea about it and understand also of the other new user here in this forum. Thank you in advance.

As for Halving is where the reward given to a miner that processes a block by the code/network is halved. This is how coins are distributed. When a miner finds a block, they get the fees attached to each transaction in the block plus the block reward. Every so many blocks the rewards is them halves again.

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 6
  • +2 2
  • +3 2
  • +5 2

A bitcoin halvening is an event that happens at intervals of 210000 blocks which is roughly once per four years when the rewards given to bitcoin miners for validation the transaction reduced by 50%. Came to know only about this 

Edited by Akasshh
  • Useful or interesting 2
  • -1 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

As i known from my searching, Havening is such a network which control bitcoin related things,its also a knowledge of an users,we should to know it goodly.       

• -1 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

7 hours ago, Akasshh said:

A bitcoin halvening is an event that happens at intervals of 210000 blocks which is roughly once per four years when the rewards given to bitcoin miners for validation the transaction reduced by 50%. Came to know only about this 

This is true mate, i read this idea to cointelegraph, this halving is good for us by giving opportunity to give some money by increasing the price of bitcoin, many people are waiting for this to get some money.

11 hours ago, Syedbesharat said:

As for Halving is where the reward given to a miner that processes a block by the code/network is halved. This is how coins are distributed. When a miner finds a block, they get the fees attached to each transaction in the block plus the block reward. Every so many blocks the rewards is them halves again.

Thanks for your answer, now I have an idea about halvening. I read it on the other thread but I don't know what is the meaning of that but after reading your post I got an idea on what is the meaning of that.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

2 hours ago, hmind said:

Halving is an event every 4 years on Bitcoin where miner's reward will be reduced or reduced by 50%. So halvening is the moment when the block has reached the block time limit that is cut regarding the miner's reward. Where the goal is with halving there will be a price increase on Bitcoin.

Thank you for this information mate it was a great help for us newbies thank you very much! 

• -1 1
  • +1 1

37 minutes ago, Black_Sword said:

Thanks for your answer, now I have an idea about halvening. I read it on the other thread but I don't know what is the meaning of that but after reading your post I got an idea on what is the meaning of that.

You are welcome.I am very glad you have learnt something new because of me.This form purpose is to make good crypto community where we are learn from each other experiences and become better in it.

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Yes Bitcoin can happen to Halving and people ask what it is? As far as I know, Halving is where Bitcoin reduces itself by half and it is likely that the price will only go up a little.

• +1 1

19 hours ago, Black_Sword said:

The halvening is a line written in Bitcoin's code. What it does is halving the production of Bitcoins on every block, meaning it reduces the mining by 50%.

Everytime that 210.000 blocks are added to the blockchain the rewards are halved. This is calculated to happen almost every four years.

Edited by BTC Future

1 minute ago, BTC Future said:

The halvening is a line written in Bitcoin's code. What it does is halving the production of Bitcoins on every block, meaning it reduces the mining by 50%.

Everytime that 210.000 blocks are added to the blockchain the rewards are halved. This is calculated to almost 4 years.

Thank you for sharing your idea about halvening. I can imagine how halvening it works. Also thanks for the additional information you share regarding to halvening.

• -1 2
  • +1 2
  • +4 1

19 hours ago, Black_Sword said:

Your code: u4m8resjb - Thanks to Yobit exchange and CryptoTalk forum for the opportunity to earn money for each message!

19 minutes ago, Talba said:

Halving of coins is on yearly basis when the price of the coin will suddenly rises up higher than expected or beyond predictions

• -5 1
  • -1 2
  • +3 1

I can't give you the exact informations about this manually, but I get this link for you to check it and I wish you will have a satisfied ideas about this halving, because honestly sometimes there is some difficulties to provide informations but take a look 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesfinancecouncil/2019/05/10/what-will-the-next-halving-mean-for-the-price-of-bitcoin/#1895b2295f34

• +1 1
  • +2 4
  • +3 1

On 1/8/2020 at 12:59 PM, Saju Khan said:

Halving of coins is on yearly basis when the price of the coin will suddenly rises up higher that excepted..it is a good site  

Halving is a very important event in the coin. The halving of the bitcoin comes after every 4 years. The halving means that the miners got the half reward on mine a block. against the previous reward. So due to this reason the price also increases

• +1 1

On 1/7/2020 at 7:49 PM, Black_Sword said:

The meaning of Halvening. The Bitcoin protocol has been programmed to reduce the number of prizes every 4 years until Bitcoin is depleted (completed mined). The amount of bitcoin issued for each block is reduced by half. People call it "Bitcoin halving". there are those who call halving, some also call halvening. whatever the important point is reward mining is divided into two.

If my opinion is useful or interesting please give like

Edited by Agios
improve language
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Halvening is a term used to indicate when the earnings of miners for bitcoin are cut in half, it occurs every 4 years with the aim to increase the current value of bitcoin. Mining will be a lot less profitable during this time as bitcoin is regulating the amount of btc in circulation.

• +1 2

In a simple word you can say that Halving is a process of management crypto currency and also Halving is a process yearly basis price of coin.

• +1 1

The halvening is when the network reduces the reward by 50 percent and Bitcoin is facing halvening from last 480 days, this is what i came to know about it and you can know it better from google.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

It's a very long explanation but I try.bitcoin halving is a event that happen s on Bitcoin mining.bitcoin is being mine at a block these block has a reward currently 12bitcoin per block.after halving it will be divided by 50% mening reward let block will be 6.5after halving and it affects the Bitcoin output on mining and it has impact on Bitcoin price soon.if I am wrong please just correct me.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

Bitcoin halving is an event that happens every four years when the rewards given to the Bitcoin miners for validating transactions are being reduced by 50%. This is reimbursement for the costs associated with maintaining the network, like electricity and hardware upkeep, where miners typically sell it immediately to cover their overheads, thus releasing new Bitcoin into the ecosystem.

• +1 1
  • +2 4

On 07.01.2020 at 20:49, Black_Sword said:

this halving of the block reward is every 210,000 blocks, the next halving of the reward will happen in the summer of 2020, this affects miners as they have to increase their capacities or receive already half the reward. https://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com

Edited by Dolpharius
  • +1 2
  • +2 1

On 1/7/2020 at 4:19 PM, Black_Sword said:

Halvening or halving means to reduce something by 50 percent. This is a word to refer to a big event that happens each 4 years in the life of bitcoin. Each bitcoin miner will receive a reward for every new block he mines. The reduction of the reward is called halving. It causes lower supply and usually makes price to rise heavily.

• +1 9
  • +2 1

On 1/8/2020 at 1:36 AM, Arun gope said:

Halvening is the Bitcoin network which manage the way of inflation.in traditional economies the issuance of new unit of currency devalue the supply of currency is very much.thank you

I'm curious about the word halving too and now there is a thread shows about this word halving and now I really understand how it works now.

• +1 6
  • +4 1

From time to time I m always reading that halving specially when they are talking about the price of bitcoin but the truth is even though me i dont know what is the meaning of halvening.as i read other comments still dont know the meaning

• +1 1