Yobit Account is on hold - Page 2 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
cryptosix

Yobit Account is on hold

17 minutes ago, robelneo said:

That's a good security measure in case a hacker tried to get in your account, they're doing it in account that does not have a 2fa disable if it is enable you have no problem log in, no problem since you can fix it tomorrow

Yep, Tomorrow might get resolve for me and will be able to access the account with security. Yeah their is no way to disable 2fa since most newbies can loss their money for scammers.

Anyway the security is too good with Yobit.

5 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

The minimum charageter I go with 16 LOL

There are ofcourse mix of capital/small letter, special characters, numbers. If you ask me to type my gmail password then I can not LOL. I will need that text file to copy and paste it.

Ian storing my Passwords the same way but I need to give @bitcoworld right, as you can use easy passwords as long as you have 2fa enabled.

1 minute ago, Satoshi Nakamoto said:

Ian storing my Passwords the same way but I need to give @bitcoworld right, as you can use easy passwords as long as you have 2fa enabled.

2fa is better than minimum characters as it will allow to detect PC and IP. Storing online passwords is bad because if someone hacked that account, then we will loose all passwords.

I write in a notebook offline as that is more safety for me than online notepad.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Nakamoto said:

ou can use easy passwords

Well them just use 12345678 as your password where the minimum character is 8 and if it 6 then go for 123456 lol

I mean password is something that needs to be decent. Let's say we are okay in our way 😊

8 hours ago, cryptosix said:

hi thanks,for this hoping to see my account again.I think the 2 factor code is already activated during registration. I only had one account with them.

You could always set up a new account and write a ticket to Yobit support to explain the issue with your main account thats frozen. If you cant access your main account they should be able to resolve the issue for you.

1 minute ago, Elton23 said:

You could always set up a new account and write a ticket to Yobit support to explain the issue with your main account thats frozen. If you cant access your main account they should be able to resolve the issue for you.

What happened with OP is very normal. It happned with me and I think YoBit protocal is if you change password then you will need to wait 48 to 72 hours before making any withdrawal.

So I do not think OP needs to go through the customer support even if he goes, I am sure they will advise him to wait for the cool down period.

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

What happened with OP is very normal. It happned with me and I think YoBit protocal is if you change password then you will need to wait 48 to 72 hours before making any withdrawal.

So I do not think OP needs to go through the customer support even if he goes, I am sure they will advise him to wait for the cool down period.

Yes actually I think your right! From memory of seeing others on Yobit chat, I think they all had to wait out the period regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Elton23 said:

Yes actually I think your right! From memory of seeing others on Yobit chat, I think they all had to wait out the period regardless. 

It happend with me not long ago. Remember yoBit has their singature campaing few months ago. I was one of the participants there. 

I did not have the password so I had to reset it and that is when they helf my account to before withdrawing.

1 minute ago, xBDT Script said:

It happend with me not long ago. Remember yoBit has their singature campaing few months ago. I was one of the participants there. 

I did not have the password so I had to reset it and that is when they helf my account to before withdrawing.

Ah I see. Well thats good info to know as Im sure one day I may have the same problem. I have to move Authenticator from my phone to a new one and i foresee problems already lol

Just now, Elton23 said:

I have to move Authenticator from my phone to a new one and i foresee problems already lol

Well do it now if you do not want the hassle to wait for 3 days before withdrawing assuming you will withdraw you money later.

For the 2FA, have you ever tried Authy desktop version? You can have backup of your codes. It's hassle free.

4 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

Well do it now if you do not want the hassle to wait for 3 days before withdrawing assuming you will withdraw you money later.

For the 2FA, have you ever tried Authy desktop version? You can have backup of your codes. It's hassle free.

Nice one I didnt know there was a desktop version. Il definitely check it out as switching phones is a bit of a hassle from what ive read so far. 

Just now, Elton23 said:

Nice one I didnt know there was a desktop version. Il definitely check it out as switching phones is a bit of a hassle from what ive read so far. 

Here you go: https://authy.com/download/

Just download the desktop version and use it. Explore the feature and you will thank me later 😊

I know more than anyone else how panic it used to be before me discovering this.

30 minutes ago, djspeed3000 said:

i think yobit is a very good exchange but many people complain just the support contact usually take a long time to reply the users message. So I think yobit must fix this one.

Well you see they are changing the culture of the support. I have heard about it a lot of time but with me personally I always got quick response

Now with this forum and more careful support system - they will do better.

26 minutes ago, Ehi said:

Just write to the support after 24hrs if is still on hold

About what issue?

Hold issue? If yes then you really do not need to go through the support. The time frame they have given - you need to wait for that to cool down before you can withdraw the money.

I think this is a good step to provide greater protection
They take this action when you put the wrong password multiple times or something like that
They temporarily freeze your account for 24 hours and you can try to re-enter normally after thawing after 24 hours

Life is great and enjoy it

6 hours ago, Thekingcallme said:

I think this is a good step to provide greater protection
They take this action when you put the wrong password multiple times or something like that
They temporarily freeze your account for 24 hours and you can try to re-enter normally after thawing after 24 hours

Is it 24 hours now? I think in my case (long ago) it was 72 hours for sure. However really it does not matter. Whatever the time frame once it will cross anyone can take off their money. People sometime really struggle to make a right decision and lose passion.

1 hour ago, susilabai said:

I think one more feature should be added that if anyone tries to hack the account and if the account get freeze then the account holder should get immediately a email related to the account activity so that the user can get alert of his account info.

Well I think they already have an email alert if I am not wrong. It's the common practice for any exchange to send an email notification in case of logging in from a different IP.

My account is logged in 24/7 so I really do not know if they have but it should be there.

May be someone else can confirm it. 

37 minutes ago, elpop said:

Pro It for the safety measures, yobit accounts consists BTC and BTC is money. If there is money involved, tight security must be implemented. Good move by yobit to protect its users... 

What do you mean by Pro it?

Anyway, the answer for the query was answered long ago and there are nothing more to add to be honest. I hope mod review the post and lock it.

@Desais @epidemia @ayatoslaw

On 10/14/2019 at 8:37 PM, Barau12 said:

I experienced such problems in some exchanges when I forget my password I was not able to withdraw for about a week then I got unlocked

Yeah I understand your views, each exchanger have there policy and terms, so it's it's mostly annoying when these policies go against us... It's part of the hustle we deal with when using them for trading. 

Best regards my friend. 

Join My The Family And we share 100% Wining Strategy and Referral Bonus earnings. 

Earn with WOWAPP today!!! 

1 hour ago, John11 said:

That is the basic procedure for almost all exchanges. They freeze the account for 24 hours if the password is change just to make sure that the Wallet is not hacked. Its really good that they do this 

If like that the goal is indeed good for securing the user's wallet. If the owner himself changes the password, then they must be available when their account is held for a specified time.

You should wait for the end of hold, then try to log in again, an email will come with a link to confirm the device and follow the instructions.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:40 AM, cryptosix said:

I just tried yesterday to log and for some reason I forgot the password and then got it it in my mind. I even logged yesterday, but Yobit kept me on hold.

Account is on hold period (because of password change\2fa disable). Please wait till 2019-10-07 11:03:45.

I think this is their tight security on accounts, but what do you say for this?

This hold period is a security feature, and I think it is excellent. You could get a chance to block your account if it got hacked.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:00 AM, djspeed3000 said:

i think yobit is a very good exchange but many people complain just the support contact usually take a long time to reply the users message. So I think yobit must fix this one.

Yea I like yobit as well but I have the same problem here because I had a ticket open for 2 weeks without any reply so I think they should do some changes in their support staff. 

17 hours ago, John11 said:

The goal is to avoid hackers stealing funds from people's accounts. For example if someone hacks your account and changes the password you will receive a message on your email and you have time 24 hours to contact the support and tell them what is going on. 

Certainly this will help the account owner to contact the parties concerned. With that the funds in the exchange will remain safe. So something like this is really needed.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:50 AM, cryptosix said:

Yes I have written my password in a book so no need to request forgot password. Do you recommend any other thing that I have tow rite like seed of 12 words or anything exist in Yobit?

You did not need 12 words memorial word cause that is use for personal wallet like imtoken but this is an exchange address they handle that yours is to write down password and remember your code for 2fa code security 

2 hours ago, Dammyrichie said:

You did not need 12 words memorial word cause that is use for personal wallet like imtoken but this is an exchange address they handle that yours is to write down password and remember your code for 2fa code security 

Hi thanks for the info and I was asking because I lost password last time. Yobit has already automatically activated 2 factor code so it will have a good security, but still I don't have hopes on that.

The 2 factor works perfectly although the hackers learn new things to break such 2 factor code  too.