DDoS Protection Implemented by the Forum - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
PiroSense

DDoS Protection Implemented by the Forum

Is it just me, or the forum already enabled DDoS protection/detection while accessing the forums?

I recently noticed that once in a while, it scans my browser first before loading a specific webpage in the forum. It seems like they have implemented such because last night (GMT+8), I noticed a slowdown and some downtime in the forum.

And the server slowdown is odd, since we are only at 75,000+ members and growing, while comparing it to Bitcointalk, which has over 2.7 million registered users (though only sub-1k users online), doesn't experience the same slowdown.

For those who didn't know about DDoS, in simplest words, it is an attack by a network of high number of computers (called botnet) that accesses a site at the same time, making the traffic of data heavy, which could eventually bring the server down, or at least slow down the loading times. For more info about DDoS, read here: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 5
  • +2 4
  • +3 1

What's are the DDos protection? Because I was seeing that's DDoS protection was used in one of the scamming sites and I never saw it anywhere than there in the scamming site 

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

It seems like the forum is now making use of Cloudflare now, and they did it without announcing it, apparently. I have a slower internet connection so I can see the "Cloudflare website redirecting" browser display thingie while navigating this forum every now and then. Having protection here is a good thing, especially now that this forum is becoming more and more well-known, and the hackers are on the prowl.

• +1 2

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Yesterday I saw a post made by another user that the site was slowing down, he said that he tried using other devices and fixing his internet but the site was still slow I guess this would be the cause for the slow down then and just today I have been experiencing a bit of slow down to so I switched to my mobile data thinking that was the problem, I guess it really is DDos being implemented on the site.

• +2 2

29 minutes ago, PiroSense said:

Is it just me, or the forum already enabled DDoS protection/detection while accessing the forums?

I recently noticed that once in a while, it scans my browser first before loading a specific webpage in the forum. It seems like they have implemented such because last night (GMT+8), I noticed a slowdown and some downtime in the forum.

And the server slowdown is odd, since we are only at 75,000+ members and growing, while comparing it to Bitcointalk, which has over 2.7 million registered users (though only sub-1k users online), doesn't experience the same slowdown.

For those who didn't know about DDoS, in simplest words, it is an attack by a network of high number of computers (called botnet) that accesses a site at the same time, making the traffic of data heavy, which could eventually bring the server down, or at least slow down the loading times. For more info about DDoS, read here: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/

Oh no! so does this mean that hackers can take over this website and collet our data? I don't really understand it that much. Is there anyway we can do to stop this? I did notice it, but I thought it was just my phone or the internet connection.

Edited by Adiegumabao
  • +3 1

Quote me so that I would get notified when you replied.😊

49 minutes ago, Adiegumabao said:

so does this mean that hackers can take over this website and collet our data?

Read the article linked to the original post.

And no, hackers won't get your data. It's just an attempt to slow down the website.

43 minutes ago, alaina1001 said:

Is this site gonna be gone and take my balance?

No. YoBit and Cryptotalk are separate. Just secure your YoBit account and you'll be safe.

• +1 1

DDos protection is just a way to slow down bots who are abusing the system. So unless you are accessing this site from TOR you won't see a difference in browsing this site. If you're using TOR you might get a recaptcha to solve, that's all.

Bitcointalk doesn't use any javascript whatsoever so the server load for it is pretty light.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

You are right, I noticed that too, so this confirms that the admins are still working on this forum and they are not missing anything and trying to provide everything good to thus site, thanks for them

• +1 1

1 hour ago, alaina1001 said:

Do you know more secure ways to protect my btc? 

If you have your own handled wallet, never give out your private key.

If however, you have hot wallets, such as those online and in exchanges (like YoBit), just don't give up login credentials on sketchy websites.

• Useful or interesting 1

Most Users should have no problems,none.

The DDoS  simply want to control traffic, among which are real users and bot users who basically try to congestion.

spacer.png

source: https://www.cloudflare.com/img/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/http-flood-ddos-attack.png

Tranquilice guys, everything is fine incryptotalk.org

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

9 hours ago, PiroSense said:

Read the article linked to the original post.

And no, hackers won't get your data. It's just an attempt to slow down the website.

No. YoBit and Cryptotalk are separate. Just secure your YoBit account and you'll be safe.

But why would anyone want to slow don't this website? Are they going to get anything from doing this?

Quote me so that I would get notified when you replied.😊

I am very happy for form.When i join form it have 4K members.Now it has become such a great form.I hope this form grow more and more.Its very good step from form to make more secure.It will slow down its browsing but its safety will be  secured.

I did not like that, but with the expansion of the forum, we will expect major attacks to try to bring it down, nothing will be done because the platform is the one that pays us, but such a procedure is a wonderful thing that increases the credibility of the forum.

yesterday I experienced it, where when I opened this forum I still could, then when I sent a post, there was a delay and there the statement was an error. but it only happened a few minutes, but repeated every time I made a post. I don't think it's a connection problem, because the web page changes immediately to the error message and can't receive feedback. if the connection error, surely the writing is an unreachable or offline server. has anyone experienced it?

Now I know that some slow loading of the site and Error 505 is problem of the forum and not my device so thank you for this. Is this Error can be fix permanently? Is any danger or future problems may occur?

On 1/5/2020 at 10:32 AM, Andrewg420 said:

Yesterday I saw a post made by another user that the site was slowing down, he said that he tried using other devices and fixing his internet but the site was still slow I guess this would be the cause for the slow down then and just today I have been experiencing a bit of slow down to so I switched to my mobile data thinking that was the problem, I guess it really is DDos being implemented on the site.

yes dear i also use this site it was so slow and it is not working properly as you mentioned and i have also slow internet connection any ways thanks for clear me that.  

Apparently there is also a Captcha check if you are trying to start threads. I noticed this when trying to post a topic to the forum just now. While I agree that this has stopped spammers and bots for the most part by forcing them to solve captchas, I wonder if this new change is strictly limited to topic threads and not comments.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

I also see the DDoS protection when I experience some errors on this forum. I usually see it when the wesite was starting to get slower. I think it makes the website more secured because of DDoS protection.

Cloudflare is a good DDos protection, it keeps the site ups even when under attack. But the downside is there are times that people ip's get block by the firewall and slowsdown webpage loading for dirty ip's

spacer.png

Indeed yes,

that today i only experience once, it's really good to know that moderators are doing something to protect site from any form or attacks in the likes of "ddos attack" by implementing protection.

finally I found this topic, I was also surprised when accessing cryptotalk and DDoS protection appeared.

This is a good initiative taken by the team of the forum. The team added the DDos protection in to the forum. So, the forum becomes more secure for using. And it is also difficult to hack the server of the forum. So this is a good thing

Thank for the tread , yea i do get same DDos too everytime i joined the forum.but trully very annoying for me as Android users whit slow connection and become slower more. 

Forum must definitely have enable good ddos protection. When he was still not very popular, there no attempts to destroy him. Now there are many bad hackers and we must have protection.

I found it normal and it more like they are trying to avoid unnoticed or unwanted attack to their users.