How do you "harvest" your profits? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
johant123

How do you "harvest" your profits?

When you make any profits, either in day trading, or in longer cycles, how much do you take out, and how much do you reinvest?

Currently I trade only with a small amount of my funds, and I leave the rest untouched. But I was thinking of a bit more systematical approach.

I was considering to take max. 50% out when I make a profit, and reinvest the rest. So if I make a profit of 10% (let's say $100), I take out 5% ($50) and the rest goes into my budget for buying crypto again (additional question then; with a limit order for the same price? or lower?)

To quickly summarize: what do you do with profits, and how do they contribute to your long term goal?

Note: I don't need any profits on my investments to enhance my regular income; it's extra money. That may make a difference in the strategy!

Thanks for your thoughts!

• Useful or interesting 9
  • +1 2
  • +2 10
  • +3 6

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

1 minute ago, johant123 said:

When you make any profits, either in day trading, or in longer cycles, how much do you take out, and how much do you reinvest?

Currently I trade only with a small amount of my funds, and I leave the rest untouched. But I was thinking of a bit more systematical approach.

I was considering to take max. 50% out when I make a profit, and reinvest the rest. So if I make a profit of 10% (let's say $100), I take out 5% ($50) and the rest goes into my budget for buying crypto again (additional question then; with a limit order for the same price? or lower?)

To quickly summarize: what do you do with profits, and how do they contribute to your long term goal?

Note: I don't need any profits on my investments to enhance my regular income; it's extra money. That may make a difference in the strategy!

I remain collecting free xoins as well as trading till when i need of some money. So when i will in need of the money i withdraw as much required. Thats the reason i could not managed to make a goodbporfolio

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

2 minutes ago, butyrka1986 said:

I have many different tokens, coins, it doesn’t matter, and basically I try to just increase their number, from time to time re-trade and so I increase cryptocapital, no matter how much it will be in dollar terms.

Ok, that's basically what I do now when I think the trend is going down or up ... I sell (e.g. BTC), and immediately set a limit order for the same amount, for the price at which I want to rebuy. That increases my tokens amount, without me having to invest further fiat money.

I have taken out a larger sum of money once (this summer), but I don't have a well thought out approach really.

• +1 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

All depend about the level of the knowledge of traders, there the experts who doing the trade every hour and they collect a lot of profits, there some traders who wait an opportunity of Bitcoin price to down then they buy it for holding.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I own some bitcoin and I don't plan to do anything in particular with any profits, assuming I ever make any.

But my main area of interest is proof of stake coins like Neo, and I tend to reinvest the Gas I earn, using it to buy more Neo.  It's very much like earning compound interest and that appeals to me greatly.  With other stakable coins, there's no need to do any trading since extra coins are just added to your balance.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2

Shout, I am a bad person in this matter. I do not withdraw my profits but rather reuse them for trading and often lose them again. I must find a solution to this problem sooner . 

• Useful or interesting 1

42 minutes ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

I own some bitcoin and I don't plan to do anything in particular with any profits, assuming I ever make any.

But my main area of interest is proof of stake coins like Neo, and I tend to reinvest the Gas I earn, using it to buy more Neo.  It's very much like earning compound interest and that appeals to me greatly.  With other stakable coins, there's no need to do any trading since extra coins are just added to your balance.

Yes, interesting you say that ... I have looked into NEO a few times, but I'm not convinced about the longer term price development.

Would you say that the GAS collection is good enough to make it worthwhile? How do you rate the stability of NEO itself?

8 hours ago, johant123 said:

what do you do with profits, and how do they contribute to your long term goal?

If I really need funds, I'd take out a percentage of my profit and use it as I needed.

If not, then I'm most likely to reinvest it again, as I have also other sources of income, and my budget for investment is separate from what I have available in cash.

I am focusing on halving and future growth of coins so thats why i am collecting my profits I am just using around 30% of profits not more than this. Trading is risky so I do not want to loss chance of getting profit from halving.

20 hours ago, johant123 said:

I still don't have a big investment in crypto, so whenever I make a profit I will withdraw all of it to buy bitcoin again. All my profits are my future budgets until I collect enough money to invest more than $200 to save half of it in my account as a backup capital and use the other half as the money in circulation to earn daily profits. You should always save some money to support your trading and compensate for losses.

that's a good, good method and I also use that method. it's just that I don't count them all, only profit. meaning that when I invest $ 100 and get a profit of $ 10, then what I take is $ 10 to my wallet and let $ 100 remain in the exchanger to trade again and look for profit again.

Most of time I try to withdraw my all profit.  And hold my own invest money. That is my strategy. This strategy is good or bad. Anyone please help me.

I divide my profits part I withdraw it and part re-invested or trading in it and I repeat the step several times and you will see a significant development in your capital and profits

THINK POSITIVE

Well what im doing in my profit is invest the 50% of it and make it as my assets. Then the 50% i will take it so i have my money for my everyday life like the needs of surviving.

I am buying the low coins and in high amount because so many coins if we have and all are different that will give us good profit in future to us and we can make good money through that, i already make good money through that.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I take out 50% of my profits and 50% reinvest for getting some handsome money from any platforms because some times we need to spare btc or usdt so that when price are in dip then we buy it. 

On 1/28/2020 at 4:41 AM, Crypto555 said:

I always just reinvest all the profit at the beginning until I double my money. Then I pun 50% of the profit aside and start trading with the other half and I continue so on, building my balance 

That's a pretty good strategy considering the fact that you are also putting some money aside everytime you make a profit. This ensures you with a secured profit over the long term 

On 1/4/2020 at 9:23 PM, johant123 said:

This is probably the best strategy as when we trade we have to take profits otherwise there is no reason to do this activity. Seriously when market is moving up I'm buying and puting a sell order for exactly the double price I've bought. I also take 50% profits at least, although sometimes I take more depending on my financial needs. I'm always waiting to re-invest in lower prices from where I sold though. If I miss the bull train this way, I re-evaluate and try to enter at some dip.

Every trader has its strategies for reinvest. I reinvest out of my 15% of profits. Because I need some money for my personal expenses that is why I reinvest only few percent of my profit. 

When I get a profit of 50% of it, I take it for myself and reinvest the other half in the same coin from which I made a profit, I usually try to buy at the same price as the last time.

I can harvest my profile by doing more comments. If i make 30 comments Everyday if i refer my friends to do it i can get a good  harvest profit from cryptocurrency. 

Well my profits comes from my weekly trading, and I'm investing some crypto but it's not so mucj it's just enough for me to make sure first if I can earn some profit from it. 

Mostly this depend on because I personally use this in few ways some for personal use and some for reinvestment and some for safety without planing we cannot go ahead if someone want to stay in this for long time then surely he need to have some good work for his present and future without this its never good ideal way to stay in trading as its can go in either way in any time.

In fact, I do not withdraw my profits, but I use the money that I get for trading and to achieve more profit, because that will make me double my profits, but I also allocate some money for investment.

But not so much because I am more reliant on trading