Stablecoin or bitcoin - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Stablecoin or bitcoin

I am reading people are worried about the price fall of bitcoin which is currently now $7,913 (preev rate). Some people are thinking to convert their BTC to stablecoin. I am a BTC holder and I have seen this many times. 

What would you do considering the current market? Are you going to hold your BTC or moving them to a stablecoin like the donkeys doing?

• Useful or interesting 9
  • -1 1
  • +1 6
  • +2 3
  • +3 3
  • +4 3
  • +5 1

I'm going to keep my BTC, because I think that this dump is temporary. But sometimes you need to sell btc for usd, then to buy even more btc)

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 3

1 minute ago, startsts said:

I have 80% en BTC and 20% en USD, it's my rule.  And yes I'm unhappy with this fall of bitcoin but I was having my BTC when price was 3000 so I'm not worried too much, for me current BTC bottom is 7000

I am sure not many BTC holders are happy about this price fall but the old timers are okay with it. They have seen the kind of ups and downs hundreds time if not thousands. 

When price down it's time to buy more and when price spikes it's time for sell that's what a trader do but people like me when the price is down I prefer to buy and I am not selling any of my coins unless BTC hits $50k ish. 

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +4 1

9 minutes ago, startsts said:

Yeah I bought everything I could yesterday with USDT.  I though buy more with credit cart but didnt find anything with good price. For example Binance says buying BTC with credit card has fee 3,5% (a lot enough) but when I see price it seems ~7% fee.

It's always a hassle buying Bitcoin using credit card. You will always feel that you are paying a lot for fees. Most of the times I do OTC trade in BitcoinTalk where I feel that I was not robbed.

I hope there will be a future where we can buy BTC freely from anyone and we won't have to pay excessive fees.

• +2 2

13 hours ago, E.WINS said:

I'm going to keep my BTC, because I think that this dump is temporary. But sometimes you need to sell btc for usd, then to buy even more btc)

Obviously, It is a temporary dump in crypto market. So If you no need emergency money you should hold two more months, because end of the year it will reach unexpect hype in the market. If you are active trader you can buy and sell at your satisfy range.

• +2 1

moving coins into stable coin makes me think that the value of btc can drop more evenly so its a no no for me  . we are worried about the btc value but sometimes we are the ones that are doing the same mistakes which causes for its value to decline    . 

stable coins are indeed useful but we should only use it in moderation and not to the point that it will destroy the repuation of bitcoin   .  for now , im also worried about the current situation but i decided to hodl my btc continously because i know that this declines are only normal    .  soon btc value can always recover .

• +1 3

On 9/27/2019 at 2:06 PM, cryptotalker said:

Being in the right place at the right time saves lives. I had tether in my wallet (I was in the right place) and now I'm going to get bitcoin (because it's the right time)

This could be the time to buy and hold btc? This week btc price had fallen deeper now to 8k usd. Maybe i will buy low value tokens and or coins that is listed on the top crytos because they have low fees like stellar.

Free Faucet  " ZEN " now listed on BINANCE✌️

Click here https://getzen.cash/auth/register?ref=50427📣

41 minutes ago, Steampunkz said:

This could be the time to buy and hold btc? This week btc price had fallen deeper now to 8k usd. Maybe i will buy low value tokens and or coins that is listed on the top crytos because they have low fees like stellar.

Stellar is a particularly wise choice. it looks pretty good in technical analysis. I think I can get some stellar too. zilliqa looks pretty good, maybe i can make a basket.

Stable coins are same as fiat money, created out of thin air. I would never convert any of my crypto with stable coin. Ready to accept loss or profit whatever it is. Stable coins are not backed by anything which is very risky. By the way, bitcoin has recovered a lot as you can see the price now over 8000, earlier price was a slight correction from the previous move.

Bitcoin will always be the King, I think that now the world is reacting after they have announced the release of Libra. Because of this, many countries, organizations, companies, some with fears have awakened, others think they will destabilize their economies. But if it happens, it will be beneficial for Bitcoin, since more people will be integrated into the crypto world, more businesses will be opened, and they will look for the big one and the big one is Bitcoin.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, Bills said:

release of Libra.

Although I am not a fan of Libra in fact I see them as a centralized coin. But I think eventually Libra will bring more people into Bitcoin.

Facebook is big. Because of Libra people will hear about cryptocurrency a lot and they will fall for Libra. Once they are in the space they will eventually find Bitcoin and will realize where to move. So ultimately it's a good thing for Bitcoin.

Holding Bitcoin is better most of the time,

but if you want to temporary protect your value and don't want to mess with real FIAT and fees,

you can just use some of the stable coins, but I dont recommend anyone to hold stable coins for long, especially NOT TETHER.

More about Stable coins here:

• +2 2

As of now i would like to stay at bitcoin.

But if there will be a chance, well market is not that organize,

I went sometimes to USDT or stable coins just to prevent the loss.

But as i will say. never stay with USDT or any stable coin more than a week.

Cryptocurrency is about investment so i will choose bitcoin as its price is growing which you can earn.

We will not achieve anything in stablecoin as the price is not moving though we can be safe there sometimes!

for investment and trading if we have a good analysis, bitcoin is the right choice, the price is very volatile so that traders can easily make some profit. but if we want it safe we can save our digital assets on a stable coin.

7 minutes ago, vidal briceno said:

la diversificacion de cartera, hace robustas las inversiones, vamos a estar viendo subidas y bajadas de bitcoin y las otras altcoins con frecuencia, en algunos momentos es bueno incrementar la base de "stables". comparto la s opiniones con relacion a que en los mercados bajistas siempre es interesante comprar, en pequeñas cantidades, para ir haciendo un piso interesante.

hello sir, I know your mean from google translate, but please use english language, so we can share each other. thank you sir

• +1 1

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

I actually love both. And that is why I am converting my bitcoins to USD and my USD to bitcoins. The reason for this is that I am allocating some of my earning to bitcoin holdings and some to USD. The purpose of keeping USD is to wait for a price drop and so I can buy more. The reason why I hold bitcoin is that when the value is high I will sell some of it to gain profit but not all.

• +1 1

JOIN US AND WIN BIG PRIZES FROM DIFFERENT GAMES!!!

https://www.bitsler.com/?ref=Mandoy

3 minutes ago, bitcoworld said:

Haha, "like they Donkeys" you made my day really haha but to also answer this old but gold Question, I was holding tight some of my assets and some I use for Trading. I am still sitting on my Short since 10700$ and will eventually close it if Bitcoin breaks towards the 9k levels. So far pretty good with an x5 leverage my goal is to close it in the 6500$ levels but I hope we don't fall this far.

I have lost too much in experimenting (in fact getting greedy) with trade back in the days. Lost 80% of my bitcoin holding. And since then I do not take much risk with my BTC. I am comfortable with my holding even if the price downs to the bottom.

2 minutes ago, bitcoworld said:

I dont win every Trade but at least that much to stay in +

Good to hear it.

And in my case I never gone back to try it again. Too risky for me. I feel like I gamble a lot. This is if one set the stop loss at certain point then it's better to have some lose than losing everything.

My mistake was that I was greedy.

22 hours ago, cryptokram said:

Cryptocurrency is about investment so i will choose bitcoin as its price is growing which you can earn.

We will not achieve anything in stablecoin as the price is not moving though we can be safe there sometimes!

I'm not fond with stable coin either. I already have my work salary in usd as my stable coin 🙂

3 minutes ago, Bnance10 said:

I'm not fond with stable coin either. I already have my work salary in usd as my stable coin 🙂

Stable coins are made to just create new money.

This is from the elites who want to add wealth on their pocket. I just really hope that there will be one stable coin in the whole exchange community and that must be FIAT!

Experienced users recommend accumulating all the BTC that you can, even with the falls the BTC always recovers its value, but if you have experience in the trade it is best to allocate a part of your money in the long term since in the end you will always obtain profits In the case of the BTC, when you gain experience you will study the right time to gain profit and return to take a position.

9 minutes ago, cryptokram said:

Stable coins are made to just create new money.

This is from the elites who want to add wealth on their pocket. I just really hope that there will be one stable coin in the whole exchange community and that must be FIAT!

In the case of Libra though, (or any other that we haven't seen yet), this should be a stable coin for the large unbanked population to use in order to escape the predatory remittance services.  It's a good cause with good intention.  That's the only scenario which stable coin can be a good idea, imho.

Edited by Bnance10
adding missing words

2 minutes ago, Bnance10 said:

In the case of Libra though, (or any other that we haven't seen yet), this should be a stable coin for the large unbanked population to use it to escape the predatory remittance services.  It's a good cause with good intention.  That's the only scenario which stable coin can be a good idea, imho.

I do like the idea of the stable coin to give money remittance. though too many stable coin is not a good idea for me. Instead of creating a project like Libra why dont we just FORK the USDT, this will give the benefits to all the individual and not just to one team!