[Proposal] Forum Improvement - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Whited35

[Proposal] Forum Improvement

1 hour ago, Ridam said:

@Whited35   @kyoukage01 What do you think about this? I am tagging all of you because you are in this thread and I would love to hear back about my view from you. If you like to add in this particular suggestion. Please

It is up to the administrator's decision but personally, I think, the idea is good. Maybe, forum administration is adding some features to file the request--pardon me for over-guessing 😜 ! I guess the thread will be opened to welcome so many constructive suggestions from the users, it's the beauty of Cryptotalk. Keep suggesting good ideas for the improvement of this beautiful forum.

51 minutes ago, Ridam said:

Right now, the majority concern is about making the English section of the  forum active again and to do something against the spammers. Reputation points concern should be taken as the minority for right now in my opinion.

And, talking about give/remove. As far I am concerned it already exist{correct me If I am wrong}.  If you give -5 to someone then the reputation from their profile also decrease by that number respectively.

Of course I understand that, step by step.

But it's very important for forum/members.

You misunderstand, I'm talking about +points and for -points we have report button or we can always write reply if we disagree. I forgot when last time give -point. But +points members giveaway like that, but that should to reflect how that member write and how much that member is trustworthy. I hope you understand what I want to tell.

About your suggestion, I agree that application for payments should to start as soon as possible because members which did not spam at all are in the same basket as spammers and that is not ok for sure.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 7/10/2021 at 3:22 PM, Desais said:

KYC - no, this is a cryptocurrency forum and people value their anonymity and privacy and I think many will not want to provide their data. Perhaps the technicians will come up with some additional confirmation with the help of the phone or other functions to restrict spammers.
300+ - no
Mobile app - I will clarify which application was said to be mobile or desktop, and if it works well and will test, then it will appear in the future.

KYC - I'm among those who wouldn't want to provide additional personal data 😄 . Phone verification should be enough, like the registration procedures on some other websites (Google Mail has it). Please make it one phone/mobile number per account - multiple accounts of the same person on the forum are prohibited after all.

300+ - I understand, thanks for the clarification. Come to think of it, even if the requirement is to be raised to 300+ characters, spammers will still find a way to reach that quota and the forum will look even more messier than before.

Mobile app - Wasn't there a time when @cryptoya11 submitted a mobile app for this forum? What do you guys think of that?

On 7/10/2021 at 3:22 PM, Desais said:

Write a complete list of what options you would like to see there.

Hmmm, adding to what is already available, what I'm thinking right now is this:

• Reputation Cheating - for low quality posts that somehow get high and/or lots of positive ratings without deserving it
  • Malicious Info/Links - for scam information. Links to phishing and/or malware-filled websites are also included
  • Other Offenses - for anything else out of the ordinary, like that one time I reported a lewd avatar of someone

I might update this post if I can think of anything else in the meantime, or if somebody else can think of another suggestion.

About the "Inappropriate Language" option - I got lectured by Bigpat one time due to reporting a Russian post, but it turned out to be a big misunderstanding. (I can invite you to that PM of ours if you want to see the details.) Anyway, I think it goes like this: I report a Russian topic that was written in the English section and labeled it with a 'inappropriate language' message; a mod took swift action and moved it to the Russian section while tagging it with a moderation point; then another mod (Bigpat in this case) saw the tag, saw my message, thought "Why is this tagged 'inappropriate language' when it's already in the proper section?", and oh boy, good thing he PMed me first before I get skinned for mislabeling reports, which I never did (so far).

Any safety measure for a scenario like this not to happen again with that report option, especially with the currently available English/Russian language?

Also, any safety measures against false reports? Especially now with the increased number of options?

On 7/10/2021 at 6:04 PM, Ridam said:

MY SUGGESTION:

I think the forum administration should create a thread where members can apply for the payment re-open in English section. Moderators should check the quality of the post manually and decide to allow or reject payments.. It should be same for all members new and old. 

This way spammers payment would never start and eventually they will stop at some extent.

MODERATORS WILL HAVE BAD TIME HANDLING THAT?

To tackle the most number of request and post from the spammers{for payment re-open}, the thread should be open only for twice a week for few hours and the number of request should be limited. This will reduce the work on moderators also.

Hmmm... this is in stark contrast to a previous suggestion somewhere of raising the required number of posts to 1000 (which can be automated by the forum's system). In the case of your suggestion, things are going to be done manually.

One good thing about your suggestion is that accounts that are made just for the occasional airdrops from Yobit has no chance of being used for shitposting for profit elsewhere because mods will be personally looking at their profiles. Not bad of a suggestion actually, but this will fall down to whether or not the mods can or are willing to do such a thing.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +3 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 7/10/2021 at 12:13 PM, BullRunBit said:

One more thing, reputation system is... (searching for word) in least not functional.

I saw member which have around 2k posts and around 12k reputation points. :classic_huh:

It should be something like give/remove, if you give point that point will be removed from your reputation points and it would somehow balance whole reputation system.

The reputation system is currently far from ideal and I think it will be reworked, we are still thinking how it could work better.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, Ridam said:

And, talking about give/remove. As far I am concerned it already exist{correct me If I am wrong}.  If you give -5 to someone then the reputation from their profile also decrease by that number respectively.

Not quite, if you rate "-5", the reputation in your profile will decrease by one point.
Reputation even now do not work badly, just was a mistake to pay for these, because because of this, they depreciated and people began to simply spam it for the sake of payment.

On 7/11/2021 at 6:26 AM, kyoukage01 said:

Mobile app - Wasn't there a time when @cryptoya11 submitted a mobile app for this forum? What do you guys think of that?

I've seen this mobile app but haven't used it. I can only thank him for developing it, but I can’t use it since it’s not official. As I said before, there is a mob.app. in the new version of the core, but when it is tested and can appear, I am not yet ready to answer.

About the "Inappropriate Language" option - I got lectured by Bigpat one time due to reporting a Russian post, but it turned out to be a big misunderstanding. (I can invite you to that PM of ours if you want to see the details.) Anyway, I think it goes like this: I report a Russian topic that was written in the English section and labeled it with a 'inappropriate language' message; a mod took swift action and moved it to the Russian section while tagging it with a moderation point; then another mod (Bigpat in this case) saw the tag, saw my message, thought "Why is this tagged 'inappropriate language' when it's already in the proper section?", and oh boy, good thing he PMed me first before I get skinned for mislabeling reports, which I never did (so far).

Unfortunately, such a situation could have been, but don't worry if suddenly you're punished unfairly, you can always write to me in PM and I will check everything carefully, we have a full log of moved, deleted topics, comments and other information.

Also, any safety measures against false reports? Especially now with the increased number of options?

So far, we do not punish for false reports, except for several situations from the Russian branch when two users argued with each other in the topic and then sent reports to each other for no particular reason.
I can also tell you a funny situation, when about a year ago we were attacked by bots that registered 20-30 accounts every 5-10m and already had a huge number of accounts on the forum, they began to send reports to random messages from users, if you remember then we even temporarily disabled the report button until we block all bots (there were> 7000 reports for several days)

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 3

4 hours ago, Desais said:

I can also tell you a funny situation, when about a year ago we were attacked by bots that registered 20-30 accounts every 5-10m and already had a huge number of accounts on the forum, they began to send reports to random messages from users, if you remember then we even temporarily disabled the report button until we block all bots (there were> 7000 reports for several days)

Oh 😁 !
So bots are creating problems on the forum. Maybe, you have already checked this report, in which the pair bots were creating the system-generated texts in the random sections at the same time, what sort of solutions are planned to take against such bots? Can periodic captcha be the solution? (You need not answer this question if your technical team is secretly implementing the solution for this issue :)) 
Another questions, 

Some countries are still on the restricted list for the campaign, as your forum system is getting better, is there any possibilities to welcome honest members from such countries without restriction in the near future? 

On 7/13/2021 at 6:40 PM, Whited35 said:

So bots are creating problems on the forum. Maybe, you have already checked this report, in which the pair bots were creating the system-generated texts in the random sections at the same time, what sort of solutions are planned to take against such bots? Can periodic captcha be the solution? (You need not answer this question if your technical team is secretly implementing the solution for this issue :)) 
Another questions, 

Some countries are still on the restricted list for the campaign, as your forum system is getting better, is there any possibilities to welcome honest members from such countries without restriction in the near future? 

Now we are trying to find the best way to struggle with bots so that the technical team can implement it on the forum.
As for blocking payments in many countries, they were blocked because 90% of users were bots or posted low quality content, so blocking everyone was a simpler technical option, although not entirely correct. I think with a new flexible system, we will be able to selectively allocate people to pay.

• +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 3