How to Mine CHIA?(STEP-BY STEP GUIDE) - Chia Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Ridam

How to Mine CHIA?(STEP-BY STEP GUIDE)

I was hearing a lot about the CHIA farming. It was completely different from the POW and POS. So, I was trying to understand the concept behind it and today I saw the separate section about it on our forum. So I can't stop myself from jumping directly into the mining process. In this topic, I would cover how you can download and run CHIA mainnet software on your computer and start mining step by step. 

Simple Intro to CHIA MINING- 

While chia mining you would be using POS, and you would be giving your hard drive space either a HDD OR SSD. And you would be running a plot on your system which is worth 108GB and you would start farming on that plot. It would depend on your luck to win the XCH tokens and the more the plot you have there would be greater the chance of winning more tokens.

Minimum Spec:(This is only the minimum features that should be on your machine so that you could get started. Obviously if you have greater and you need that if you are serious about this mining):

• 2GB OF RAM
  • 1.5GHX CPU,QUAD CORE
  • Python(any version above 3.7)
  • At least 108GB of storage for a plot.

Let me explain the step-by step guide for getting started:

1. Go to the CHIA NETWORK Website and download and install the Chia Blockchain. CHIA NETWORK LINK- https://www.chia.net/ For direct download link, You should look into here: https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/wiki/INSTALL
  2.  After downloading the software, Run the set-up in your machine.
  3. After installation, software will connect for a while and open. You will see the opening screen like this: I1.thumb.PNG.73b7ab859029713e289d041847fa60f7.PNG
  4. I suppose all of you are new so click on CREATE A NEW PRIVATE KEY. You will be shown 24 keywords which will be only way to access your account so be sure to write down them in a piece of paper.
  5. After that you would see the homepage like this. 2.thumb.PNG.0a6153ca99387e7e2c2bd9b69179dc36.PNG
  6. HERE, WALLET- is where you will see all of your XCH tokens. In PLOTS- you will be creating the plot. And In FARM- You will see your mining process or farming. I don't think I need to explain about KEYS AND TRADE options. 
  7. Now, You need click on CREATE A NEW PLOT. I would be explaining about the feature in detail below:(I amn't  posting screenshot as it will make post very long).                          PLOT number- It is the number of plot that you would like to run on your machine. For each plot you need 108GB so make sure about that. And for running parallel plots, your PC should be able to handle that. It would take more RAM and CPU Usage.                                                                                                                                                 PLOT SIZE- It is the size that you would like  to create for your plot. Leave it as 108 GB as default.                                                                                                                         TEMPORARY DIRECTORY- It is the place where all your plot data will be stored until they are fully downloaded and created. IF you have a SSD, you can choose that for faster performance.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           PERMANENT DIRECTORY: It is the place where your plot data will be stored after completion. A HDD would be good for this.                                                                 (NOTE-YOU NEED TO RUN YOUR PC UNTL THE  PROCESS IS FINISHED. IF IT IS CLOSED BEFORE GETTING COMPLETED, YOU WOULD START FROM BEGINNING).                                                                
  8.   After selection, Just Click on create a plot. It would take up to several hours (I was uploading screenshot for this but I don't know why I get -200 issue). 
  9. BOOM, you have completed your creation of farm and now you can start farming.
  10. For starting farming, You just need to run the software and go to the FARM Section. You will see all the options there. The farming status and your XCH reward for the Block would be available there.    

Now you just need tp run your farm for earning the XCH tokens. If you have any confusion be sure to reply, and we would solve the problem together.                                                                                        

1.PNG

Edited by Ridam
I posted the topics mistakenly before writing full. so I add information by editing.
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 4

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

I saw this new section earlier today and I was amazed with this new method of mining so I started searching on the internet for steps on how to start but could not find anything that is easy to understand, so thank you very much for this amazing topic.

12 hours ago, Yoz said:

I saw this new section earlier today and I was amazed with this new method of mining so I started searching on the internet for steps on how to start but could not find anything that is easy to understand, so thank you very much for this amazing topic.

Oh, does it means you started the mining of the CHIA? Is your Plot already created or still ongoing? I think you should update your information so that other also get inspired to start mining the farm.

Yes chia is popular but new project so there are less number of quality content in the internet. So I give it a try myself so that I could understand and if you have any issue in the process, you can let me know. I will try to help you in the process.

One of the detailed topic. Thanks for your effort. I guess, Chia mining will create the SSD and HDD shortage in the markets as so many quality HDD and SSD has to be produced for this regard. I really do not like this and it can be the major demerit of Chia. Anyway, I will be observing the progress made by this and how crypto community will react on it as everything will depend on the adoption of the technology. 

I am excited to hear the experiences of guys who are currently mining Chia. 

• +2 1
  • +4 1

4 hours ago, Whited35 said:

One of the detailed topic. Thanks for your effort. I guess, Chia mining will create the SSD and HDD shortage in the markets as so many quality HDD and SSD has to be produced for this regard. I really do not like this and it can be the major demerit of Chia. Anyway, I will be observing the progress made by this and how crypto community will react on it as everything will depend on the adoption of the technology. 

I am excited to hear the experiences of guys who are currently mining Chia. 

Yes I am hearing the news about the shortage of HDD and SDD and the price has already spiked in my country and many tech medias are covering about the Chia miner and it's effect on shortage. We arw facing this issue more because in my country almost all electrical devices are imported from China being neighbour country.

Talking about my personal experience, I have tried Chia mining before creating this post but my laptop went crazy while creating the plot, so I stopped as my laptop is low end and I think for temporary storage of plot, you must have SSD , and processor if i5-10 gen or i7 should be there for smooth mining.

• +4 1

Much resource for me, I do not have a team that meets the requirements, I would like to try the mining of this coin, but it is impossible at this time, I hope to have a better team in the future and do many things, I find the project interesting, too bad I can't get into it.

• +5 1

It's a good of way understanding. Nice explanation. I like to thank you sir to share for this type of wonderful post. 

• -2 1
  • +5 1

11 hours ago, Jack_sparrow said:

I quite understood that for each plot you created you need a space of 108GB of your HDD, but as you begin the process, is the software going to download other additional files that will fill up this huge space at once or what? Because it got me so curious that you had to wait for several hours waiting for it to finish while literally consuming virtually the entire CPU resource. 

The 108 Gb space for downloading the plot. All the information and files about the plot will be downloaded in that space. The additional files are at first stored in the temporary folder you have chosen before creating the plot and later merged into the permanent folder.

After that you can start mining the farm of chia.

11 hours ago, Jack_sparrow said:

Another important question is that what is the average internet bandwidth will mining Chia Consume per day?

I am not sure about the internet bandwidth, so I can't say about the precise bandwidth. But I do recommend to join a unlimited WIFI so that you don't get issue while farming also. As you are probably going to mine 24 hours and you don't want your plan to run out.

• +5 1

18 hours ago, Ridam said:

Yes I am hearing the news about the shortage of HDD and SDD and the price has already spiked in my country and many tech medias are covering about the Chia miner and it's effect on shortage. We arw facing this issue more because in my country almost all electrical devices are imported from China being neighbour country.

Its going to be problem as it is based on Proof-of-Space. The technology has to be effective so that any sort of users can get benefits from it. If it needs a complex technical adjustment, it will be ineffective, imho. 

18 hours ago, Ridam said:

Talking about my personal experience, I have tried Chia mining before creating this post but my laptop went crazy while creating the plot, so I stopped as my laptop is low end and I think for temporary storage of plot, you must have SSD , and processor if i5-10 gen or i7 should be there for smooth mining.

Your PC has to be powerful. I can mine Chia on my PC if I am interested but personally, I am going to try it. Additionally, token is distributed based on the luck. I attempt on my old PC by replacing HDD by 512GB SSD. 

• +4 1
  • +5 1

On 5/2/2021 at 3:47 PM, Whited35 said:

Your PC has to be powerful. I can mine Chia on my PC if I am interested but personally, I am going to try it. Additionally, token is distributed based on the luck. I attempt on my old PC by replacing HDD by 512GB SSD. 

That is great steps if you have a good one and there is also a selection of luck winners by the forum for posting the daily screenshot of  mining chia, so it would be even more profitable if you get listed on that. Good luck for that.

On 5/2/2021 at 3:47 PM, Whited35 said:

Additionally, token is distributed based on the luck.

Yes, I also read that and I think this is made to avoid the big users from getting more tokens than the small investor but, they can create  more plot and simply increase their probability which doesn't make any sense of doing that in my view.

I find your publication very interesting, it is observed that he is an expert in the field since he explains it simply so that it can be understood easily. Since I am a beginner, I am going to read again and analyze the point to better understand the work. Thank you very much for your contribution to the community.

• -3 1