Bitcoin-Ripple-IOTA: What is Crypto? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
MrSpasybo

Bitcoin-Ripple-IOTA: What is Crypto?

First of all, I would like to confirm, this is not a topic for FOMO or FUD, please join or stand out of crypto market according to your own analysis.

Bitcoin: the first blockchain & crypto. It was born in 2018 by Satoshi Nakamoto and is seen as the means of payment of future, allowing the economy to escape the manipulative hands of governments.

Now after transferring the value of payment methods to BitcoinCash & Litecoin, Bitcoin is treated as digital gold, and I agree with this new definition of Bitcoin.
Bitcoin was also the first cryptocurrency, which also laid the foundations for the concept of crypto: a digital currency on blockchain platform.

Ripple & XRP: XRP was released by the Ripple company in 2012, and it is seen by many as a cryptocurrency. However, I do not consider it a crypto, because it is centrally managed by the Ripple company. Ripple also holds a large amount of XRP, about 54B/100B XRP, creating such huge price manipulation that the XRP community even asks Ripple to burn down XRP that Ripple is holding.
As such, I personally don't consider Ripple a crypto because it doesn't have a decentralized blockchain.

IOTA & MIOTA: this is the project that I learned after hearing about the Chrysalis update that will be released today 28.04.2021.
MIOTA is token issued by IOTA in 2015, and the special thing is that it does not use blockchain technology. Instead, IOTA uses Tangle technology.

“The Tangle, which is the data structure behind IOTA, is a particular kind of directed graph, which holds transactions. Each transaction is represented as a vertex in the graph. When a new transaction joins the tangle, it chooses two previous transactions to approve, adding two new edges to the graph. In the example above, transaction number 5 approves transactions number 2 and 3. Transactions are more or less what you would expect, information of the form “person A gave person B ten IOTAs.”

G2I2TJTTIeabNa4Ycewg_Blockchain_And_Tang

Detail: Blockchain vs Tangle: Untangling The IOTA Tangle

Thus, it can be seen that MIOTA is digital currency on tangle technology. And it has all the properties of crypto like Bitcoin, especially decentralization.

Maybe we should change the concept of crypto a bit: Crypto is digital currency on decentralized platform.

What do you think about this? Can XRP & MIOTA be considered crypto? What is your own definition of crypto?

• +4 1

IN their working they may not have the properties but we should know that crypto currency are based on Blockchain technology by general definition and blockchain could be private or public both. So, exactly not determining Xrp as non-crypto asset would be the ambiguous thought and people may have skeptical views about this statement. 
In my view, I think at some extent we can say XRP as the crypto but when it comes to the decentralization it lacks many thing and also in their token allocation we can see faults.

Along with it's pre-mined token for the developers, I stay away from this sort of tokens personally. And talking about it's manipulation, I see that in any market right now. Everyone is hilling their holding tokens without realizing the underlying risks. Elon Musk could be one of the example.

• +3 1

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

8 hours ago, Ridam said:

IN their working they may not have the properties but we should know that crypto currency are based on Blockchain technology by general definition and blockchain could be private or public both. So, exactly not determining Xrp as non-crypto asset would be the ambiguous thought and people may have skeptical views about this statement. 
In my view, I think at some extent we can say XRP as the crypto but when it comes to the decentralization it lacks many thing and also in their token allocation we can see faults.

Along with it's pre-mined token for the developers, I stay away from this sort of tokens personally. And talking about it's manipulation, I see that in any market right now. Everyone is hilling their holding tokens without realizing the underlying risks. Elon Musk could be one of the example.

@Ridam Elon Musk just unintentionally admitted that he owns BTC and has never sold BTC ^^
With XRP: I still keep my point, that it's not really a crypto, it's just the digital currency of Ripple network. However I do believe in its bullish potential in the future as it has a large community and is backed by a big company, Ripple. In my opinion, $ .4 is the needed price of XRP during this bullrun, $9 & $15 are further expectations.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:59 AM, MrSpasybo said:

What do you think about this? Can XRP & MIOTA be considered crypto? What is your own definition of crypto?

Common concept for blockchain technology is even get flopped while noticing the private blockchain like Ripple 😁Not a a decentralized but there is a central entity. If the concepts of crypto has to be changed, start to make points clear from its root i.e. blockchain and its types. 

I have no problem to consider mIOTA as a crypto as it is also based on the decentralized ledger technology. 

• +5 1

8 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Common concept for blockchain technology is even get flopped while noticing the private blockchain like Ripple 😁Not a a decentralized but there is a central entity. If the concepts of crypto has to be changed, start to make points clear from its root i.e. blockchain and its types. 

I have no problem to consider mIOTA as a crypto as it is also based on the decentralized ledger technology. 

@Whited35 Yeah, we all have the same opinion.
However, we still have to accept that although XRP is not really a crypto, the interest of the crypto community for it is huge, leading to an absurd price increase now and in future.
In contrast, IOTA has just had a major update, but MIOTA price is still very low than price before correction. Hope everything will become more fair in future ^^

• +5 1

15 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

@Whited35 Yeah, we all have the same opinion.
However, we still have to accept that although XRP is not really a crypto, the interest of the crypto community for it is huge, leading to an absurd price increase now and in future.

I have almost the same feelings  on Ripple's XRP because the core intention to create Cryptocurrency is to give freedom for people being in the decentralized system. Holding a huge amounts of crypto to manipulate the price is not looking good. 

15 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

In contrast, IOTA has just had a major update, but MIOTA price is still very low than price before correction. Hope everything will become more fair in future ^^

IOTA is still making some progress. Perhaps, people have not understood its potential it. It may take time for IOTA to get widely recognized. 

• +5 1

Greetings my dear brother, thank you for sharing this information with all the members of this forum, this information is very useful, interesting, and educational. So I hope that all newbies to this site, read your post and can learn a little more about what cryptography is.

13 hours ago, Whited35 said:

I have almost the same feelings  on Ripple's XRP because the core intention to create Cryptocurrency is to give freedom for people being in the decentralized system. Holding a huge amounts of crypto to manipulate the price is not looking good. 

IOTA is still making some progress. Perhaps, people have not understood its potential it. It may take time for IOTA to get widely recognized. 

@Whited35 To be honest I think crypto market is overly manipulated and the price of tokens depends more on whales than on their real value. Even ETC is having an impressive bullish day, although it does not show any significant advantages over other blockchains. Perhaps we have to wait more time for good solutions to show their value and belong to the community rather than on the whale pump/dump list.
I think crypto market is only maximized free during crypto winter, when the whale is resting before going back to collecting as many tokens as possible ^^

• +5 1

11 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

@Whited35 To be honest I think crypto market is overly manipulated and the price of tokens depends more on whales than on their real value. Even ETC is having an impressive bullish day, although it does not show any significant advantages over other blockchains.

Lol, ETC as a crypto from the blockchain that has suffered from the majority attacks multiple times, who is going to bet a huge amount in it 😁? Probably, the same malicious members are involved there to pump the ETC to exhibit the bullish market for it. 

11 hours ago, MrSpasybo said:

Perhaps we have to wait more time for good solutions to show their value and belong to the community rather than on the whale pump/dump list.

Dogecoin is also following the similar pattern. Sequential pump and sudden dump 😁! This is the serious problem in the decentralized markets to as the whales can manipulate the prices of crypto. 

The crypto is a digital currency which has no physical appearance but it built there market and the demand and price and value of bitcoin urrency increased day by day. The value always fluctuates it doesn't have its fixed price. 

Dear, a good greeting to you and all the participants for sharing this useful information, which benefits everyone, especially new ones, where beginners can read, understand and learn a lot about encrypted currencies through this wonderful topic and allow me to say something important and we are in the process of today and absolutely frankly that the price of currencies is controlled It has more than one dependence on the rise and fall of the market