Can people steal my Bitcoin? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
No Man

Can people steal my Bitcoin?

This is one of the questions we get asked most often. Hackers can steal your Bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized digital currency that use cryptography to secure transactions. Bitcoin transactions are recorded in a digital ledger called blockchain. Hackers can steal Bitcoin by gaining access to Bitcoin owner's digital wallets. In my opinion hackers can steal your Bitcoin if they know your private key . They can steal your private key from your email or from your account. So the best way to secure your bitcoin is to right your private key onto a paper rather than to save it on the internet. So that was my openion, now i am waiting for your's!

• Useful or interesting 8
  • -3 1
  • +1 7
  • +2 10
  • +3 5
  • +4 4
  • +5 1

Actually dear we get hacked due to some black holes and vulnerable security measures and therefore we indeed take our security seriously and don't share our private keys and don't socialize the device which u used for coins trading or have down banking details because someone can access to your mobile and in the end they steal your account. In the present era every account is connected to an email so I think u must take proper security of your email I'd and take every essential steps which makes ur email safe.

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 2

Our actions will be decisive to avoid anyone from stealing our cryptocurrency. If we hold the private keys to our wallet and have a wallet not connected to the internet then any hacker won't be able to steal for us.

However, there are some ways the scammers found that have been working for them. These are phising emails that have links to websites that look similar to those we use but have probably a slightly different domain name. Try to not follow any link from the emails you receive to be perfectly safe.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 2

If you have a lot of security in your wallet, a hacker will never be able to hack your wallet unless he has a private key.Because anyone can enter your wallet with the private key and take your bitcoins So if you keep your private key and don't give it to anyone else, no one will be able to hack because there is a lot of security in the wallet now.

• +2 1

Yes people can steal your Bitcoin. You should have to be careful and choose a safe wallet. Scammers on this forum is increasing day by day . So you should be careful from the scammers. Scammers have many ways to steal your Bitcoin so be careful.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Dear @No Man as the technology increased the crime is also increase. You are right hackers can hack our data easily because this is not big issue for them to hack the data. They can stole our date or the keys through our Gmail. Therefore we would save these things our data on the papers.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

1 hour ago, No Man said:

This is one of the questions we get asked most often. Hackers can steal your Bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized digital currency that use cryptography to secure transactions. Bitcoin transactions are recorded in a digital ledger called blockchain. Hackers can steal Bitcoin by gaining access to Bitcoin owner's digital wallets. In my opinion hackers can steal your Bitcoin if they know your private key . They can steal your private key from your email or from your account. So the best way to secure your bitcoin is to right your private key onto a paper rather than to save it on the internet. So that was my openion, now i am waiting for your's!

@No Man They can steal any currency you have, but you are careful with your keys and passwords, surely you can find someone who manages to violate your device and take them, paper is the best option, as you say, but also stop entering strange places and not give Clicking on the links that pirates send is something you have to do, stay away from what is suspicious and know that nothing on the internet is free, do not believe in false promises and avoid giving confidence to people we do not see physically, security is your responsibility, if you are robbed for not taking care of yourself, it is not the pirate's fault but yours, thanks for sharing with us, greetings.

1 hour ago, No Man said:

Hello my dear friend, really convenient post .

Of course in market or trading so many hacker's are found everywhere. So we always use save Wallet.

The wallet provides you with an online secure digital Wallet .manage your Crypto assets smartly using the wallet

Hackers can steal money by using your private key. So it is always necessary to protect your private key . Hackers can steal money by using private key or from your account. You should hide your private key so that you should be prevented from hackers.

Current wallets have a lot of security. There are many types of security systems that prevent hackers from hacking. We have a private key when creating a wallet. With the private key we can log in to the wallet. If we give this key to someone else, then he can log in to our wallet so that he can take bitcoin.So if we keep our private ones in a safe place then no one will be able to take our bitcoin.

• +1 1

Yes  it is possible  . Through hacked someone steel our coins. For this we need remain more conscious. Always used strong password but strong privacy standard. Don't share any personal key about account . Provide no information about account to anyone. If we follow all rules less chance for lost coins .

• +2 1

It may be possible in some cases. This is a digital world and everybody is upto something. We all want money and become rich in nights and fell prey to these scanners. We should follow proper rules and regulations to avoid such scams. Just focus on our daily earning without being too much greedy.

Your btc can only be stole if u lost ur hidden password or keys, or password get exposed, without any of this I believed there is no any other ways to loss btc, try to get any of the good wallet u can store ur bitcoin.

choose a good wallet for saving your currency i suggest you use blockchain or yobit for your currency because these ars good and popular wallets the privacy of these wallets is high level no one can access your account you can safe your money here

Any currency you have, hackers will try to hack it and try to damage your amount, but we should be careful with our password and keys, we should keep our password strong and not tell anyone.Any information related to your account should not be shared with others. Similarly, if we follow these rules, hackers will not be able to harm our account.

Certainly, keeping your keys and password on the paper may be better than storing it via the Internet, so we have to be careful and avoid everything that is suspicious and unclear to us, especially the random e-mails that are sent to us to be safe

Yes. People can do it. You need good security system to avoid this kinds of problem. I suggested you to take a strong password and 2FA security system for your btc wallet. Before every transaction you need to protect your transaction id from others and protect your OTP number.

No dear don't danger about it. This forum is very secureable. Your coins are not stolen any person. So its a good thing in this forum to secure your all coins and payment. So keep careful to make your password very strong and complex.

I think hackers can steal your bitcoins if they have your private keys. For the safety of your Bitcoin you should safe your private keys from hackers and choose a safe wallet. Your password should be strong and never share it with anyone.

2 hours ago, No Man said:

I think writting on just one paper is not enough.The users have to record it on different secured places other than internet to make their account safe.Because if the user himself forgets the key then he won't be able to recover his wallet account ever.And writting on just one place is risky in case of losing that only source also.So your idea is great mate.I also think that the user should not record the private key on device or internet rather he should record it by handwritting on two or three places,not just one place.

Bitcoin is a decentralized currency and very difficult to steal because this is saved into your digital ledgers and accounts but you know that this is a digital world and anything could happen. We all know that scammers and hackers are very sharp and they can steal your bitcoins in no time. 

I just want to say that keep your account and profile secure all the time and risk of stealing will be reduced.

Yes anyone can steal your bitcoins if you don't have strong password on your account Because when scammers steel our data, in this case, they can do anything  with us with all our information and they can use our accounts and transfer the balance of our account as well. 

Therefore, to avoid scammers, what should avoid to show your identity on any website and put good and strong security on every account? 

Yes, of course there is a lot of service available that our bitcoins can be stolen because if we share our personal information with someone then there is a lot of chance of our bitcoins being stolen. Our bitcoins can be stolen due to scamming and hacking, so we should keep our security very strong.

Bitcoins can not be hacked from blockchain or the main server where they are actually stores.Hacker can only get access to your wallet by only getting access to your pin or key otherwise they cant do anything.

Thats why you should save your key or pin in your personal diary rather than in email or any other cloud storage.

• +2 1