MicroStrategy Bought Another 650M worth Bitcoins - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Ridam

MicroStrategy Bought Another 650M worth Bitcoins

Yesterday we were seeing some Tweets from Elon Musk about his interest in Crypto. And Michael Saylor who is CEO of MicroStrategy has suggested Elon To buy Bitcoins.

And Today Michael announced that Microstrategy bought another 29,646 Bitcoins.

These Bitcoins are worth ,650M USD.

The average Price for buying these Bitcoins was around 21,925$ according to his tweets.

Before this they were already holding huge amount of Btc and now the total btc hold by Microstrategy is 70,470 Bitcoins.

At this moment , a single institute Microstrategy is holding 0.33% of Total supply of Bitcoins and 0.379% of Current Circulating Supply of Bitcoins.

Announcement Link-

https://www.microstrategy.com/en/company/company-videos/microstrategy-announces-over-1b-in-total-bitcoin-purchases-in-2020

Michael Saylor Tweet:

Spoiler

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 3

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

The micro strategy habe indicated week before they will buy more  BTC and now they have it. So the price of BTC will not going down. It will increase and give strong support. They have bought at low price before then the current $21K which must be Consider because they don't wait for bear market rather then comes forward to buy at higher price. This gives us a good idea that BTC is gonna touch more heights in upcoming days. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

10 hours ago, Syedbesharat said:

TThis gives us a good idea that BTC is gonna touch more heights in upcoming days. 

Well btc just shows a pullback yesterday and for short term btc may go up and down for a while but for long term btc is bullish. The average price of Bitcoin bought by microstrategy clearly shows institutional organization aren't caring the current price as much though btc is at peak ATH levels at the moment. Probably they are looking for the Six figure price of Bitcoin.

That is too many BTC for one company, if this bet on Bitcoin by Microstrategy becomes a winning one it will make this company very wealthy. Their plan so far seems to be working for them, but only in financial term as this money could be used for research and development instead and hire many young scientists and developers to create something better. There should be a standard set for big companies to keep producing and finding solutions. The bet on Bitcoin is only speculative from the part of this company.

It seems they are buying, although I'd like to see the wallets to be sure as there is a lot of Bitcoin promotion from the ceo of microstrategy and perhaps this is more about his image than anything else, besides that this ceo has a history of inflating his company profits to increase the price and dumping his stocks in markets, something that he has been accused and condemned by the sec during the dot com bubble.

I expected that this was the reason of btc  recent pump..  Its amazing that micro strategy company easily can control the btc market price lil bit..  Also you know that this is the first history about bought btc on it’s highest ATH..   This indicate us that it’s not still late to buy btc 🤣 though its price high enough..               

I recognised how so much Saylor is so interested in BTC after I accidentally came across his first tweet under Elon Musk's. I went on and discovered his multi-billion dollars company has invested so much in Bitcoin; more than 70,000 units at an average of $15'000 per unit and it is huge compares to value of BTC presently.

Those are types of news that looks so bullish for bitcoin in short and long-term.

• +1 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

The bitcoin as the best valued cryptocurrency in the cryptocurrency market, every day it is accepted by ordinary people, companies and governments in the world. Undoubtedly these are indications of the solidity of the cryptocurrency due to the momentum that it is receiving these days that makes its price have increased significantly in recent days, and that the outlook remains encouraging. The business world is placing its trust in bitcoin and this may be the result of the result that the traditional economy has had in the countries, caused largely by the Covid-19 pandemic that has devastated the world economy, and it is there that the eyes are turned towards the cryptographic world and especially bitcoin, which represents an alternative to generate profits in the short term.

This news will be greatly influenced by the upcoming decisions that will be issued from each side, and to this point there is still time within us, which will lead to an increase in the number of clients who will join the field of cryptography. It also has a big tendency to raise the price of Bitcoin. Every contribution now shows results in the future and where it will arrive. 

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

For me that was a good decision for a company to buy Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrency as it was very profitable, once I get a job then I would use half of my salary to buy Bitcoin and hodl it for a long time like 3 years I think, since I saw a big potential in Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrency and there were a lot of business who became rich because of Bitcoin, and it would also beneficial to the price of Bitcoin and be a reason to become widely known.

Microstrategy has bought more than two billion dollars in Bitcoin all this time so far. It is one of the big buyers that saw the opportunity and didn't wait, took the risk after the halving, and keeps buying even now. I was happy today to read from Saylor again that he has not sold and is not planning to do that for many years, explaining that Bitcoin will be one of the best investments that requires time as it only entered the beginning of the next ten years of its existence.

There is a term called whale on stock markets. It means whale; They are individuals or companies that hold the majority of the shares in the market and set some sort of price in the market by selling their shares or buying large amounts of shares from the market. Such people act as whales in determining the price of bitcoin and sub-coins.

The Ceo of this company Michael Saylor is trying to become some kind of champion for Bitcoin and he is enjoying too much the publicity. He was involved early as he had twitted about Bitcoin since 2013 but I don't know exactly his stance and he didn't seem to be involved in tweets and discussions in 2017.

• +3 1

Maybe this was the reason behind a long struggle of BTC to cross 20k. Because this large supply of bitcoins in market was making it difficult to match its demand.

• +1 1

I think they are out of cash now, but there may be another dollar airdrop coming for the american corporations so maybe Saylor will put those millions in Bitcoin too. He made a great trade to buy at $10k but maybe he is thinking of selling at a point, however it could be a mistake to sell now and he knows it.

On 12/23/2020 at 12:04 AM, Raqeebzy said:

I recognised how so much Saylor is so interested in BTC after I accidentally came across his first tweet under Elon Musk's. I went on and discovered his multi-billion dollars company has invested so much in Bitcoin; more than 70,000 units at an average of $15'000 per unit and it is huge compares to value of BTC presently.

Those are types of news that looks so bullish for bitcoin in short and long-term.

Exactly, Michael Saylor has been a so big fan of Blockchain technolgy and Yes those tweet he had made for Elon to invest in Btc are really worth of appreciation. If Elon takes any moves into the crypto, We can say that it will take matter of time for Bitcoin to reach Multi trillion dollar worth of marketcapt.

And Not only in his company he personally holds huge number of Bitcoin and I am readind rumours that he may buy Eth in 2021(Its just rumour in internet I have read, I am not sure about it).

• +2 1

On 1/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, Ridam said:

Exactly, Michael Saylor has been a so big fan of Blockchain technolgy and Yes those tweet he had made for Elon to invest in Btc are really worth of appreciation. If Elon takes any moves into the crypto, We can say that it will take matter of time for Bitcoin to reach Multi trillion dollar worth of marketcapt.

And Not only in his company he personally holds huge number of Bitcoin and I am readind rumours that he may buy Eth in 2021(Its just rumour in internet I have read, I am not sure about it).

We really hope this year will see that (be it bitcoin or any cryptocurrency). Prior to his message of never ever defying payment in BTC, maybe that is a boost and a sign Tesla company can accept cryptocurrency in the nearest future. And even more mind blowing, Tesla investing in crypto. All looking interesting, let's see how it plays out in the end.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

On 12/21/2020 at 5:00 PM, Ridam said:

These Bitcoins are worth ,650M USD.

The average Price for buying these Bitcoins was around 21,925$ according to his tweets.

Before this they were already holding huge amount of Btc and now the total btc hold by Microstrategy is 70,470 Bitcoins.

At this moment , a single institute Microstrategy is holding 0.33% of Total supply of Bitcoins and 0.379% of Current Circulating Supply of Bitcoins.

Could these be the reason why the price of bitcoin climbed as high as $40k earlier these month, the entrance of big whales into the bitcoin ownership and investment family is gradually increasing 

Microstrategy reached somewhere near 100,000 Bitcoins with the latest purchases. I am sure this guy will start selling and not just selling, but dumping in crypto exchanges. Just wait for it. Then he will either not post anything at all for weeks and months on Twitter, or just post that it wasn't him, but it was some kind of FUD, and how much he plans to hodl for dear life. We know Saylor and his past, he isn't there for the tech.

• +2 1

55 minutes ago, kryptonick said:

Microstrategy reached somewhere near 100,000 Bitcoins with the latest purchases. I am sure this guy will start selling and not just selling, but dumping in crypto exchanges. Just wait for it. Then he will either not post anything at all for weeks and months on Twitter, or just post that it wasn't him, but it was some kind of FUD, and how much he plans to hodl for dear life. We know Saylor and his past, he isn't there for the tech.

As far as he said that he will keep hold his bitcoin till 2025 @kryptonick and in this case if he really ready to sell his bitcoin then we are sure that bitcoin will lost it support in  all the way .. This is why bitcoin trader need to be careful from now before it become to late .

18 hours ago, Dorjoy12 said:

As far as he said that he will keep hold his bitcoin till 2025 @kryptonick and in this case if he really ready to sell his bitcoin then we are sure that bitcoin will lost it support in  all the way .. This is why bitcoin trader need to be careful from now before it become to late .

Yes, he probably said a lot like that. Hodl for dear life, etc. But I didn't trust him from the first day. As I said we don't even know if his company actually owns any Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not about trusting what a man says. An public blockchain means we should be able to validate his claims, then he should give public keys, so we can know for sure if this company bought or perhaps once again Saylor is lying to the public and making billions, as he did with his stock in 2000.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, kryptonick said:

Yes, he probably said a lot like that. Hodl for dear life, etc. But I didn't trust him from the first day. As I said we don't even know if his company actually owns any Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not about trusting what a man says. An public blockchain means we should be able to validate his claims, then he should give public keys, so we can know for sure if this company bought or perhaps once again Saylor is lying to the public and making billions, as he did with his stock in 2000.

Well, I amnot aware about his public keys. But I think its not worthy to doubt whether Microstrategy bought the Bitcoin or not. They have clearly submitted the response in the press report and I am sure that the SEC had looked over that once. If you see the company holding you can clearly see the Bitcoin in their portfolio. If you want to know more about the buy rate and the net profit from the investment, you can head over to the site: https://bitcointreasuries.org/

And talking about the profit taking, every one will book profit from their investment at certain level either its stock or any crypto assest. And Microstrategy will do the same at certain level so we should be prepared for that instead of doubting whether they bought the btc or not.

• +2 1

1 minute ago, Ridam said:

If you want to know more about the buy rate and the net profit from the investment, you can head over to the site: https://bitcointreasuries.org/

Yes, thanks. I have already written a post about this. https://cryptotalk.org/topic/331200-bitcoin-treasuries/

Maybe you are right though. It is recorded and submitted to SEC, so someone looked into this. I admit it was probably a mistake saying that.

2 hours ago, kryptonick said:

i think it is not a big matter too as they store bitcoin or sell it within a short term . But the  matter is micro strategy able to make an volatile on crypto currency  market which mean they actually own the bitcoin as they also dear to buy btc though it has high ath that time .. so it is the time to collect profit from their words .

They are people and companies with a high level of economic experience, which gives me a sense of comfort that I work in this field, Elon Musk's investment in Bitcoin makes me more confident in this currency and encourages me to buy more of this currency