Scrapping of payment for reputations given, decreases users engagement - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Lokeloke

Scrapping of payment for reputations given, decreases users engagement

I am agreed with you. Since the scrapping of payments for ratings stopped it becomes difficult to get high ratings. It decreases intention of each member, they do not reacts on the posts because now they are not getting Talks. But there is a solid reason for scrapping this payment. The number of cheaters on the forum is increasing everyday, that's why admins close the payment.

I agree because I am receiving now very little reputation after the latest changes and the ban of hundreds of members from the payments, since then everybody stopped giving reactions and so have I, while many posts and replies are actually gems that deserve attention, they just don't get any, and the worst part is that nobody reads them either.

Yes this is so because the amount which you should have received is no longer there and you tend to loose more in the forum but it will be of great important if we can all try to do with that.

Forum moderators said that there were huge numbers of scammers to cheat from spam ratings so they disabled the payments & I think they will bring other options to rate the posts of users in the future. We should wait sometimes for friends.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:21 AM, Alsh9 said:

I think the proliferation of reputable cheaters is the main reason for pushing back from reviews. Members here must work honestly and objectively, give the reputation to those who deserve it, and work to create good posts in order to get bitcoin money after receiving positive reviews.

This is completely true, the main reason that made forum administrators stop the payment system to give its reputation is the presence of such cheaters in the forum, the problem is that stopping this system will negatively affect the Bitcoin payment system, so I think they have to find a solution to this problem.

Not a bad idea scrapping payments for reputation...Some better posts with useful contents tends to get no positive reactions some times. So the payment for reactions is not balanced at all.

There are many scenarios where low quality posts get positive rating and most high quality posts gets negative reactions.

So it's not balanced at all. Let it be scrapped.

Thanks 😊

In particular, I think that giving feedback to other members' posts at this time is a matter of awareness and support for other members who do their good work on the forum. I have always said that if we like to receive good reactions for the publications we leave here, then we must worry about leaving publications to the other colleagues who are doing their best participation here. It is a matter of companionship and support.

• +1 1

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink:

On 12/20/2020 at 6:41 AM, Lokeloke said:

Recommendations

1. Admins should find other ways to motivate people to give reputations to others

Surely many members no longer rate post again because they are not paid talk token for rating of post. As you said moderators need to provide us with another way of earning for rating of post so that it will encourage many members to continue the rating of post. I think moderators has to look(pay attention) into your advice or recommendation because I think it will help this forum.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   

I also realized this problem. After the moderators scrap the payment for reactions the members stop reacting on posts and this act causes decrease in understanding and interaction between the members. Most of the members are demotivated because they are not getting any positive reaction and community reputation. 

The moderators must have to find a long term solution for this problem.

• +1 1

I sincerely agree with you. Its actually hard to get reputations especially for beginners like me. I hope the admins will consider your recommendations and find a way to reward those that give reputations. This will motivate people to do it and help beginners like me.

There is another issue with it too when you were getting the reputation and the payment in the btc too but now when you are not getting the reputation points it is hard to earn money in btc and people do not working as hard as they were before.

Dear friend I think this forum admin realize some member cheat reputation and easily earn talk token. I think that reason this forum stop extra talk token reward. We are waiting for future announcement for payment reward. I think this forum give extra reward. This forum two way give reward and this reward not bad for me because this is part time work and earn some money.

Yes they are scrapping us about the about the payment and the users have lost their engagement towards the making of the Topics and making of the Comment. We should have to make the new and the good topics in the Crypto Talk and as well as respect this forum.

You are right my friend,If our reputations are getting increased then we will be more on profit but some people think that our reputations are getting increased then we will not get talk coins this is a wrong idea and not at all,we should incourage each other and join this platform to make profits more.

• +2 1

Hah! After reading the previous comments on this topic and others, I see that there are many members who are still clamoring for the return of the previous payment system for giving 'likes'. Unfortunately, the chance of the previous system being reinstated is pretty slim. Too many cheaters have abused the system, and the higher-ups have had enough.

No more payment for ratings/'likes'. Get it over and done with this news already and finally move on.

If payment in BTC is what you folks are worrying about, just post good content that adheres to the forum standards. Some members will still give you 'likes' for quality posts. I still give positive 'likes' on worthy posts on my topics for example, just like I've always done. Unfortunately, not many people post on my and other reputable members' cryptocurrency-related topics, even today. Such a shame. Planning to stick to the Beginners section forever won't get you anywhere.

What has happened now is we've just returned to the previous system of no payment for likes. But that doesn't mean that members should be afraid to give them. If a post is good, then give it the 'likes' it deserves. That's it. You won't be blamed if you know for yourself and others see that you've done nothing wrong. Do you guys really find it difficult to push that button?

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +4 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

You are right that canceling payment for each reputation will reduce the activity of members in the forum, but no member should link giving reputation to earning money, so we must continue to work hard in CryptoTalk.

This may decrease the reactions as you say but I think that it should not be so because if we read a publication that has value and has been useful we should react positively without thinking if we will receive talk or not, because this is what the forum we learn is about together with the publications

I have to agree that the reactions have been significantly lower since the scrapping of reputation payments in Talk, probably also because of the removal from the campaign for many members of the forum, this created some fear to give positive reactions, even for the posts and replies that give very good information.

I hope the members of the forum behave better and realize the reputation is a tool to be used wisely and not randomly, this way we can grow together and create better articles.

Your post is really needed, i is true that one Talk for a reputation is not much but it is something , and it motivates all members to value other members good effort. Now there is a kind of laziness, even when people like your comment they do not really bother to give you a positive rating, they say what do I gain from it, so there must be a kind of motivation or that we get paid without the need for evaluation. 

Indeed a motivation is something we would need to boost our mood, creativity and other more but however this being lacked by alot causes bad effects too such as less giving opinion and second would be they would rather stick giving reps into only one person

I don't think that it's a wrong from the moderators! but the members should be aware more than that.. the reputation system is really good for all of us and it shows us the members who share useful contents so we shouldn't use it only to get paid!

I believe in the future of cryptotalk forum and i think that the moderators have many good strategies and they will surprise us in the near future so we should be patient and try to improve this forum and make it better and even more popular by time..

There was a reward for giving reputation in the forum, but now the reward is stopped which is makes some membees to feel lazy not to give reaction to posts in the forum. Hope the admins will look into it to implement it back. 

It is sad news, this means that the matter has become more difficult before, but there is a solution, which is to pay 1 Satoshi for each person who interacts

It's true that tge members has stopped rating the posts since the payment has been been stopped for it but it's not good with the people who are doing hard work and creating and posting useful and valuable content as even they are not getting reputation. So i agree with your recommendations that Forum should bring something new to motivate member for rating the posts.

• +1 1

In my own point of view it is best for the admin to scrap payment for giving reputation , even without payment it is the duty of the members to rate a post without expecting a reward from the forum  and more people are still coming into the forum.