The Complication of Language Proficiency - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Neolance123

The Complication of Language Proficiency

As much as everyone have said, mistakes in grammar are very inevitable. Even simple mistakes are very hard to find and to correct especially. Also, not all people are well-versed in the English language and are unable to express their possibly valuable thoughts.

Sadly, the forum cannot tolerate incomprehensible posts because the primary purpose here is to create a collaboration between different ideas and knowledge so all of us could learn. Learning would be hard to take place if people can't understand each other, but that shouldn't be a reason to give up on learning and sharing your ideas. 

One can always learn by one's self, especially when you have full access to the internet. One can also learn from mistakes, but it's both a bad and good way to learn, depending on where you commit it.

I may agree on having language-specific sub-forums. Let me hear what you think.

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 8
  • +2 6
  • +3 4
  • +4 4
  • +5 5

People who do not speak English well can use the translator, but they must check the translation backwards in both languages to ensure the validity of the posts, so that the posts are understandable, which contributes to raising the quality of the evaluations of the participating member

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

People who do not speak English well can use the translator, 

I may agree on having language-specific sub-forums. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • -5 1
  • -3 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 2

Well if there are more language options it will be better but I believe spammers will definitely take advantage of such opportunity to clone posts in the other languages section, so I think it's better for it to remain like these

• +1 2
  • +3 2
  • +4 1

18 hours ago, Neolance123 said:

As much as everyone have said, mistakes in grammar are very inevitable. Even simple mistakes are very hard to find and to correct especially. Also, not all people are well-versed in the English language and are unable to express their possibly valuable thoughts.

Sadly, the forum cannot tolerate incomprehensible posts because the primary purpose here is to create a collaboration between different ideas and knowledge so all of us could learn. Learning would be hard to take place if people can't understand each other, but that shouldn't be a reason to give up on learning and sharing your ideas. 

One can always learn by one's self, especially when you have full access to the internet. One can also learn from mistakes, but it's both a bad and good way to learn, depending on where you commit it.

I may agree on having language-specific sub-forums. Let me hear what you think.

Everyone can fall in mistakes, even the american people or people in other countries who talk English language have a little mistakes in writing, so the people who aren't talking English as first language fall in mistakes more and more.

i agree with you and we need solutions.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

We are only allowed to make post making use of english language or russian language for that reason we have to be extra careful whenever we are making post to avoid silly mistakes which can make us received warning point from the moderators of the forum and for those who are not that use to english language i will suggest they make use of translators to make there work easier because there is less room for mistake in this forum.

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

On 11/24/2020 at 4:18 PM, magd said:

People who do not speak English well can use the translator, but they must check the translation backwards in both languages to ensure the validity of the posts, so that the posts are understandable, which contributes to raising the quality of the evaluations of the participating member

To be clear, translations using google translator, bots or browser extensions are totally against the forum regulations as written in the rules. Once you use it and the moderators find out, you will be penalised without appeal. There are only two languages for now, others will be added later, so we deal with English and Russian for now.

Don't fall for it.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

This is completely true. There are some members who are not fluent in the English language who face difficulty writing posts and may contain grammatical errors, but with the passage of time their writing will improve and they can use Google Translate, but the translation must be checked before publishing because translated by google is 100% inaccurate.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

I also agree with you that the need to have good English proficiency can be hard on some users especially if they are not so well versed in English. But those people need not worry. As stated in this topic there are many ways in which you can increase your English language that would enable you to create topics with error-free and grammatically correct contents by using the different means available in the online platform. And I also hope that more sublanguage would be introduced so that people would find it easier to create topics.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Hii friends it's a nice topic to discuss about and I agree that the problem of most newbies and others is language proficiency. Most of the people use translator to complete it. But using translator is violating the rules of the forum

• +4 1

Many people in the forum their primary language is not English, so they must use the translator, and to avoid making mistakes in translation, they must check their vocabulary again before publishing it because they may publish other vocabulary without knowing it, and this may lead to banning them

Yeah a lot of users here don't have a good experience in english and some of them using translator

and that's okay but they need to check the grammar and correct the mistakes and do their best to

make high quality posts

• +1 1
  • +3 1

This is very good advice for all those members who are not too good in English as they should still try their best to post their valuable opinions and they might use tools like translators to aid them write better grammar but making different language sections would be an excellent implementation.

• +2 1
  • +3 2

In this Forum, there are already 2 languages, Russian & English. Which is really good. I would say that maybe a Spanish section would be good also. Spanish is in the top 3 languages spoken in the world. So, it would make sense for a Spanish section. Chinese is also in the top 3 languages spoken in the world, but I dont think there are many Chinese looking to join this Forum.

To help you better when you write in English, look into Grammarly. You can add it as an extension to Chrome & FireFox. It corrects badly written sentences, grammar mistakes, give suggestions, etc. Its a very useful tool.

Google - Grammarly.

• +2 1
  • +4 1

Earn Free Bit-Coins. Every hour you can win up to $200 USD in BTC.

https://freebitco.in/?r=41529082

1100388917_FreeBitco_in3.png.3817f1e8269d8e972cacf1276f358331.png

I suppose the only reason why crypto talk only allows two languages is only due to the fact that the more languages you enable the more moderators you'll need and I also believe that it would be almost impossible to judge the usefulness of a post within seven days. Using a translator is the only other alternative people who cannot use English or Russian have, even though we all know that translators never give an accurate interpretation and lead to misunderstanding. My suggestion is to use Standard English free of slang or fixed phrases, I would even say that the fewer phrasal verbs you use the better.

• +4 1

Well, we can understand if there's some members here who are not good in terms of grammar but moderators having some punishment from it, to avoid that, i will recommend the grammarly in google, just search it and sign in using your facebook/gmail, it will help you to construct your sentence in a good way.

• +4 1

I do not think that this is a suitable place to create a special section for teaching the English language, do not forget that there are many different local languages present in this forum and therefore you will have to create a section to learn English for each language and this is impossible because it will need many sections of languages, and the goal of  Create this forum will be lost.
There are many sites on the Internet that teach the English language, and there is no need for a section to teach English here.

• +4 1
  • +5 1

We have previously called for an increase in the number of languages supported in the forum and perhaps the forum management is studying the languages that should be added in the future. But also on the positive side, we are trained to write in English, and when we check and correct our writings, we learn from our mistakes and this makes us more flexible in writing in this language.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

Many of us depend on translating various posts into English, and this is what makes there are some grammatical errors, and it is good to use grammatical error correction sites that are abundant on the Internet to add useful content that has no errors.

Those that do not speak English should actually use the grammar apps that are readily available on the internet. These apps will be able to detect any problems in the grammar of a sentence and will be able to show the member where their sentence may not be structured correctly and how to correct it so that the right message comes across when they post it on this forum. In my opinion, if the user constantly does this, they will soon find that their knowledge in English as a language will improve and so will the ease with which they communicate on the forum here. 

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

Thank you for your great post. It would really be very nice, to have sub-forums for other languages, but if this is not done, the person can benefit from the translator and try to learn the English language.

Edited by Maya20

Well. At first we should encourage those new members to know that it is not a bad luck for them that they might be have to deal with English language even if they are not fluent enough with English. I see it with a different point of view like, it is a good chance for them to improve their skills in English or any other language that the forums use.

Secondly, members here are not forced to deal only with one language they can deal with sections that using the language they know which will help them to avoid doing mistakes and grammar falls.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

Frankly, my friend, I do not master the English language well, so I try to write simple ideas that are far from complex, and sometimes I use my own translator to make sure that my writings do not contain misspellings.

Many of my posts have been removed from this issue and I am hardening my English to stop the deletion process

• +2 1