The Complication of Language Proficiency - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Neolance123

The Complication of Language Proficiency

A lot of spelling errors occur within this forum and the reason is that many members use a special translator in the English language, where the language of their country of origin differs from the English language and for this reason they have to use a translator and the only solution for this matter is for the moderators to create special subsections for the languages of other countries

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 11/24/2020 at 4:06 AM, Neolance123 said:

As much as everyone have said, mistakes in grammar are very inevitable. Even simple mistakes are very hard to find and to correct especially. Also, not all people are well-versed in the English language and are unable to express their possibly valuable thoughts.

Sadly, the forum cannot tolerate incomprehensible posts because the primary purpose here is to create a collaboration between different ideas and knowledge so all of us could learn. Learning would be hard to take place if people can't understand each other, but that shouldn't be a reason to give up on learning and sharing your ideas. 

One can always learn by one's self, especially when you have full access to the internet. One can also learn from mistakes, but it's both a bad and good way to learn, depending on where you commit it.

I may agree on having language-specific sub-forums. Let me hear what you think.

I think there is an alternative to that eventhough not all members are proficient in English but at least they can communicate with English in such away that we can both understand each other and secondly, Google translator tool can also be used to correct spelling mistakes.

I found that this site is a very motivating place to improve the English language and it has made me more careful and more accurate in my language formulation, as it is possible to use an interpreter. 

7 hours ago, saraanna396 said:

I agree with you, as many forum members do not speak English as a mother tongue, so it is difficult for them to communicate their ideas and communicate with the rest of the members, so it is very necessary to review each post before publishing it to ensure that it is free of linguistic errors and unintelligible sentences.

4 minutes ago, NesMarket said:

I recently read a topic similar to this but different, in the sense that it explained about grammatical errors and striving to make a correct post without errors, in this case you say that it is inevitable and it is like that, I support your idea, many of which We use cryptotalk we do not speak English natively, in my case I use the google translator, which for me is the most effective when it comes to understanding the publications and giving my opinion, I think we must have tolerance and patience regarding that, this forum must be inclusive with people who do not speak English natively, little by little those errors are improved

I agree with you, as many forum members do not speak English as a mother tongue, so it is difficult for them to communicate their ideas and communicate with the rest of the members, so it is very necessary to review each post before publishing it to ensure that it is free of linguistic errors and unintelligible sentences.

On 11/24/2020 at 11:06 AM, Neolance123 said:

As much as everyone have said, mistakes in grammar are very inevitable. Even simple mistakes are very hard to find and to correct especially. Also, not all people are well-versed in the English language and are unable to express their possibly valuable thoughts.

Sadly, the forum cannot tolerate incomprehensible posts because the primary purpose here is to create a collaboration between different ideas and knowledge so all of us could learn. Learning would be hard to take place if people can't understand each other, but that shouldn't be a reason to give up on learning and sharing your ideas. 

One can always learn by one's self, especially when you have full access to the internet. One can also learn from mistakes, but it's both a bad and good way to learn, depending on where you commit it.

I may agree on having language-specific sub-forums. Let me hear what you think.

Actually, there's some site that could help us people who don't really good at english language to make it much better. Just search in google "grammar checker 2020" and it will redirect you to the site of it. These site helps me on doing my school chores so it could also help people here.

At first I face difficult at forum and it took me several hours to  post my thoughts .But I didn't hive up although I am educated person and using internet frequently but the forum have the standard and I have to meet that standard. After constant efforts I learn how to express my thoughts by following right words and norms. Which give a confidence and I am now good in this. But I am still learning g because English isn't my native language and specially Crypto terminology need attention of seekers. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Yes you are right is not everyone in the crypto talk forum can express their self with good english some are just trying their best while some are using translator to figure things out for their selves what the are after is just to be successful in earning the money but we should no we are not here only for the money alone we are also here to learn so we should try and learn gradually, those who can't understand the language very well I hope with time and dedication they will get to it, making another sections for languages will be another task for the moderators which will be additional work for them

• +1 1

Well, if the forum would is going to separate the sections based on language that would create a huge diversification throughout the whole population of this platform. I agree that for better comprehension, the preferred language of the user should be used so they could learn about the topic easily. However, this would lessen the interaction between the large numbers of users who are contributing in this forum. This might possibly reduce the interaction for new users they might be able to encounter to such topics in this forum. The grammar is not a necessity in this forum as long as you managed to deliver your message clearly to the users. After all, it could be improved by making yourself getting engaged with the language you wanted to become precise.

• +2 2

On 11/24/2020 at 4:18 PM, magd said:

People who do not speak English well can use the translator, but they must check the translation backwards in both languages to ensure the validity of the posts,

Good explanation made their @magd they most verify the outcome of translated information before to post it in the forum because some of the translator give meaningless contents. In addition one can go ahead by using some available software to improve grammatical construction and syntax to strengthen the effectiveness of interactions among members

• +2 1

Nowadays technology have grown so much that it's quite easy to read and understand any language through translators. In my opinion "only English language allowed" can help maintain this as a disciplined forum.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

If our problem is language management, it is a good idea to create subforums with the main languages that the members use on the platform. The fairest way to start would be to conduct a survey where the native language of each of us is asked and based on that, create the subforums. Contrary to that, I also think that generating subforums by communities depending on the language can affect us in the amount of useful content created within each community.

• +3 1

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink:

I also agree with OP's topic discussion.

I've asked couple times already to introduce several new language sub sections on the forum so more people join Cryptotalk since there are rules that go against translation policies.

There are way more crypto enthusiastics rather than just main english and russian Users and the Forum could get even better by having those new Users providing their knowledge from their own countries and even allow us to know even more.

• +1 1

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

You've got such a strong point, my friend. I find sometimes some members may have a really hard time trying to express their ideas in English, resulting in poor readable posts, whose intended message can hardly get through. I also consider that mainstream translators are also somehow limited when it comes to some languages, though they do a great job with other languages. Then, my opinion is that anybody looking to excel in written English communication, not only in this forum but in general, should invest some time and effort learning the language, at least the most basic grammar rules, as this can greatly benefit their writing skills. 

Edited by Jromz
error
  • +1 1

My dear I think on this platform our English grammar must be better by posting when we post on any topic we first read othrs posts and others comments and write our ideas by these ways we went to better in English grammar.

• Useful or interesting 1

Truely language is most important to understand very before communication can be effective perfectly and fluently this aspect is much what is required for a user to understand before comments to a post here.

• +2 1

I have no problem unless I can't understand anything. Some posts I've read were obviously made with the use of a translator and this was equally bad. I think the only way it for someone to take English lessons and stop abusing English forums without having the required knowledge of the language.

• +1 1

I have increase my level in English more than I can imagine just by posting every day I have learn new words and correct my grammar day after day ,if I can compare my English 8n the beginning and now there is a lot of different, so thanks to cryptotalk forum and the users who try to understand that it's not our language 

• +2 1

one of the main rules is to write only in 2 languages and in a way that everyone can understand , I know not everyone speak English as their first language but even so if they want to write here it's not hard to improve their skills first then back here to be able to describe their ideas in a  simple and understandable way so everyone benefit from it 

i don't agree about sub-forums idea because this way there will be shortage in both topics and comments in English section  so it would be harder for people to write in the forum daily as they do now

• +2 1

Language proficiency is a big problem for all newbies but if they select more languages optional then it will be very easy for spammers,this forum is also thinking about to add more additional language in the future but at that time we have complete approach on English language ,we are writing posts very well.

• +1 1

I agree to many of your points. If the forum decides so, there can be another one or two languages added but I don't think it is very simple to do that. It could help although it could be more trouble too. The way I see it, everything should be taken into consideration and the forum can make an addition of another language with the coming year. Until then people that can't write proper posts, they shouldn't as if they don't have knowledge of english it will be posts that are difficult to understand.

• +3 1

When it was the starting for me in Cryptotalk, I am admitting, I was writting bad english. One friend in the forum @Dorjoy12 warned me about that, and I was not understood correct when he did, but later I am understood and made many improvement, as I am also in an english learn school online and I am getting better in it. The friend @Dorjoy12 was right to tell me that and I am thank him for his advice. It is bad to not write in proper english and we have to become better in this.

Edited by Mella
mistakes fixed
  • +4 1

Many people are not from English speaking countries in this site. That's the major reason for having English errors or misuse of English in the site, or grammatical errors. We should adopt English translator application for correction. 

• +2 1

Having knoledge of english is important, if not the result is gibberish and nonsense as I have seen a few very early posts that were allowed to stay active, that make no good addition. Nobody expects perfect english, just to have a decent level so we can understand what you are writing.

• +2 1

1 hour ago, Mella said:

The friend @Dorjoy12 was right to tell me that and I am thank him for his advice. It is bad to not write in proper english and we have to become better in this.

@Mella i feel better to hear that you have understood what i wanted to mean that day..  Actually that day when i seen that you have misunderstood me then for a moments i Was confused what did i said to you..  By the way,  we are now old members in our forum so keep advised newbies in our forum from now..          

• +3 1
  • +4 1