Be-Aware New Phising Technique - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Ridam

Be-Aware New Phising Technique

I am using Trust wallet and I do love using the platform. From last few time, I was getting Payment from unknown users. The payment was being made from different wallets. This attack could be on any other wallets so it's not limited only in Trust Wallet. I'm going to share my experience and measure to stay safe.

What Happened Exactly?

From last 2-3 weeks I was receiving around 0.00002318 BNB. I thought it was just mistake and the amount was less than 1 cent so I didn't give it priority. But after some days I received BNB worth same value (approax)and I thought I should look who is doing this mistake. Then I came to notice that it was a phising attack.

How is this a Phising Attack🤔?
If you don't give important to it then it's ok & you will never know the reason behind it. But if you look into the transaction details in a Explorer then you will notice in memo of the transaction it's actually a promotion of Phising sites. 

IMG_20201117_153122.thumb.jpg.5c230e0b9607c140ec926940efd37d5a.jpg

There is written Claim your 45 BNB and if normal users sees this, sure because of lack of understanding, he may enter the website and I believe you will be asked for entering Private keys. And if you enter the Private keys or any words in that website it will be sent to attacker server (That's how Phising works in general).

How to avoid such attacks?

• Don't share your Public Keys in Social media, like in a giveaway. If you are serious about your funds then don't enter in such promotion. If you like to join, you can create new Wallet without funds and participate using this.
  • If you received payments like this, Read the memo if it's written anything todo for claim. Just ignore them and move on.
  • The main thing is don't visit the site given at memo, it's a trap for your keys and even your browser ans even mobile data may leaked because of that.

I have shared my whole experience  for making forum members aware about such attacks and it's my first time , interacting with such clever Phising Technique. If you faced similar issues be sure to share them in comments.

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 3
  • +2 5
  • +3 3
  • +4 4
  • +5 6

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

This is really a smart way to deceive people and steal their money they sacrifice with few cents

to steal private keys and important informations we must beware of these hackers and be more vigilant

Edited by hani20980
  • Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 3
  • +5 1

2 hours ago, hani20980 said:

This is really a smat way to deceive people and steal their money they sacrifice with few cents

to steal private keys and important informations we must beware of these hackers and be more vigilant

Yes everyday scammers are coming with new ideas for luring people into their trap. It's our responsibility to be safe from them and share about the method they use to more and more people. So we be safe and our friends and colleagues too. They are spending few cents and giving hope for 45BNB🤣. New people in Crypto field are more likely to fall in such trap.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am more than sure that you are not the only person who has gone through this. But you have given us an alert to the newbies that would help us when this case is presented in our wallet.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 2

14 hours ago, estmerbol said:

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am more than sure that you are not the only person who has gone through this. But you have given us an alert to the newbies that would help us when this case is presented in our wallet.

Are you experiencing the same? If yes then please don't give priority to it and move on. Yes this is an alert and I suggest you to share this information to more number of people so they become safe from falling into the Phising trap like this.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Good Updates. Binance finally react to this scams. And they just now post the tweet about this scam. And They have Added some more information in Binanace Academy. If anyone wants to check that out. Be safe from such payments received 😊.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

Thanks for the warning. It could be some scam that can attract many unsuspected users and it is always happening that any of these scams is stealing money. I would be worried too if I was receiving small amounts of crypto and it is even worse than dust attacks.

Edited by percare
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

I would probably try to find more but I wouldn't visit any website in a note inside a transaction. This looks scammy and you did great to warn us about it. It is a scam and I've also read about it and that Binance took steps to make it known. It is amazing what ways these scammers are thinking to lay their traps to unaware victims and all have a common ground offering fast and easy money.

• +1 2
  • +3 1
  • +4 2

This is a clever phising attempt that I am glad to read here for first time and I will be aware if it happens. I haven't even logged in Binance for weeks so I will look if I get these messages that cost the attacker very low but can steal many funds as binance has millions of users. Good job and thanks a lot for this.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

we should never believe such site because the legit website never enter into the private wallets of the person and try to make them click on their website. The website which will approach you themselves is always a scam.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               

I have placed 2 add blockers at my browser and  activate my antivirus when i use my wallet because I am very afraid of hacking attacks. Their for I arrange tight security at my laptop. I have placed my assets in 2 different places where the main account is used rarely and all work run through secondary account. I habe noted down this phishing attack pattern and never gonna follow any suspicious site. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

I see that scamming has become a business now, people are even using real capital to scam others, this is a big danger to all of crypto world.

Really grateful for the heads up, mate, since I'm a user of Trust wallet myself, but haven't received this random payments yet. Now I'm aware of this and will react accordingly. It seems like scammers are always trying their best to get new victims. The best we can do is spread the word as much as we can, so these fraudsters have less victims to take advantage from.

Edited by Jromz
grammar
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

Damn! @Ridam Scammers have many ways to attract traders/ investors from different wallets to steal their coins, I guess some people have already be attracted with such offers and they have lost their money! We should be very careful to review such transactions so that we can avoid any scammer trap and lose our money. I am glad they targeted a wrong guy 😂😂

• +2 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Thank you so much for sharing your information with us. I am sure this is going to be useful for many users who don't understand the concept of phishing. These are one form of cyber attack which we need to be aware of. There are many other ways in which the attackers would try to confiscate your private keys and public keys. So be very cautious and do not fall victims for such traps.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Hackers are very active and you shouldnot share any things related to wallet and keep your wallet secure. Phising techniques has been one of the easier hacking system because we can easily make phising pages. So, you should be careful and look the addresses of the websites.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

That's how phishing affects many who lucks understanding on how it works and get scammed therefore, I'm glad for your post you shared with us I know it will save many because it's well narrated with very vital information thanks for this effort my friend.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

On 11/17/2020 at 3:10 PM, Ridam said:

I am using Trust wallet and I do love using the platform. From last few time, I was getting Payment from unknown users. The payment was being made from different wallets. This attack could be on any other wallets so it's not limited only in Trust Wallet. I'm going to share my experience and measure to stay safe.

What Happened Exactly?

From last 2-3 weeks I was receiving around 0.00002318 BNB. I thought it was just mistake and the amount was less than 1 cent so I didn't give it priority. But after some days I received BNB worth same value (approax)and I thought I should look who is doing this mistake. Then I came to notice that it was a phising attack.

How is this a Phising Attack🤔?
If you don't give important to it then it's ok & you will never know the reason behind it. But if you look into the transaction details in a Explorer then you will notice in memo of the transaction it's actually a promotion of Phising sites. 

IMG_20201117_153122.thumb.jpg.5c230e0b9607c140ec926940efd37d5a.jpg

There is written Claim your 45 BNB and if normal users sees this, sure because of lack of understanding, he may enter the website and I believe you will be asked for entering Private keys. And if you enter the Private keys or any words in that website it will be sent to attacker server (That's how Phising works in general).

How to avoid such attacks?

• Don't share your Public Keys in Social media, like in a giveaway. If you are serious about your funds then don't enter in such promotion. If you like to join, you can create new Wallet without funds and participate using this.
  • If you received payments like this, Read the memo if it's written anything todo for claim. Just ignore them and move on.
  • The main thing is don't visit the site given at memo, it's a trap for your keys and even your browser ans even mobile data may leaked because of that.

I have shared my whole experience  for making forum members aware about such attacks and it's my first time , interacting with such clever Phising Technique. If you faced similar issues be sure to share them in comments.

They do this to scam with peoples and i also receive the payments but i am not trusted this type of messages from unknown source and i also use those wallet address which i have never been used in future and i send my all coins to the third account.

• +1 1
  • +5 2

BetFury                                                   

Scammers and hackers have many techniques they use to cheat people in this cryptoworld for that reason we all have to be extra careful on the way we run our activities around the Cryptocurrency community because the little things we may underrate might lead us to lose a lot and base on this new techniques scammers use I suggest we always remain vigilant and cautious.

• +1 2
  • +3 2

BetFury                                                   

Though i not yet face this kind of problem or scamming yet but your topic is enough helpful for me..  Before i had a different idea about phising that  scammer usually sent some offer with any exchange site   domain code to the exchange site user and if any user follow the email step then he will lost his funds..   But this kind of phising look totally different to me @Ridam 😯           

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Thank you, my friend, for the advice you gave, and that you are our company. Your experience in BNB, which is a very well-known platform, and no one can doubt its reliability, so the pirates have become dependent on its name to defraud people

• +2 1

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. This will be a valuable lesson for all who have read your post that we should avoid being greedy. If you have been the greedy type, you would have fall right into their trap. This is why it's good to seek knowledge. I'm sure you noticed this because you are experienced. 

3 hours ago, Oyetoyy said:

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. This will be a valuable lesson for all who have read your post that we should avoid being greedy. If you have been the greedy type, you would have fall right into their trap. This is why it's good to seek knowledge. I'm sure you noticed this because you are experienced. 

@Oyetoyy Generally speaking, these phishing scams are intended to get people to hand over details that will give fraudsters access to the funds.
In the cryptocurrency world, the target might be the private keys of the wallets, or perhaps the login details of your exchange platform accounts, fraudsters will play a role as official representatives of a company or project in an attempt to appear legitimately.

• +1 1

Thanks for this, I had no idea that scammers could ever think something like that. It is interesting that they are evolving and making new attempts to use anything like the notes inside the transactions.

Thank you, @Ridam for sharing your experience with these attacks that you have been exposed to in order to be alert and not to fall into the trap of these attacks and to know your private and public keys that target your private wallet in order to steal your money, so you should be careful and completely ignore these attacks.

• +2 1