The concept of Bitcoin price frequency - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

The concept of Bitcoin price frequency

Hello dear members. In this topic I want to talk about a simple but useful fact about bitcoin. Many people (especially beginners) ask this question:

What is the ideal price to buy bitcoin? The answer to this question requires a comprehensive price analysis. To make it as easy as possible, I will explain about the concept of price frequency. I define it as the number of times a certain range of price is seen for bitcoin or in other words, which range of prices are more common than others (they are more frequently seen). First, I will write each price range and then I give a percentage for each of them based on frequency.

1) $3000 - $4000 (20%)

2) $4000 - $5000 (30%)

3) $5000 - $6000 (50%)

4) $6000 - $7000 (50%)

5) $7000 - $8000 (50%)

6) $8000 - $9000 (60%)

7) $9000 - $10000 (50%)

8 ) $10000 - $12000 (30%)

9) Anything above $12000 (10%)

These percentages show which price ranges are more likely to be seen and which ones are visited less. This information can be helpful to determine risk levels. For example, if you buy bitcoin at $6500, it belongs to the 6000-7000 range which happens 50% of time and if the market crashes, you have 50% chance of recovery. If you buy at $13000, the chance of recovery is only 10% because this is not a common price for bitcoin according to the history of frequent prices.

The only point to mention is that buying at 3000-5000 range is always safe (despite the low frequency) because this range includes bottom-low prices.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Edited by Brushless4500KV
  • +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +4 1

11 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

The only point to mention is that buying at 3000-5000 range is always safe (despite the low frequency) because this range includes bottom-low prices.

@Brushless4500KV..The range you asked to buy Bitcoin is really a very good range.  However, the price of Bitcoin will not be in that range.  Because if you look at the market of Bitcoin, you can see that its price has crossed 16K.  Many experts say that the price of Bitcoin will cross 20K this year.  Then you see how much better time Bitcoin has had.  The guy in your range who holds Bitcoin and still has a lot of Bitcoin.  He can make a lot of money today by selling bitcoin.

Studying the movements of bitcoin's prices is really important especially for the trader in order to understand how this cryptocurrencies market works! it's really a good idea to know how many time bitcoin visits each range especially to try making the risk lower.. but depending on the history isn't everything in my opinion! especially because of the high prices which bitcoin has reached after the halving event during 2020! so i think that in the near future , we should may change the percentage of the range between 13k and 17k..

• +3 1

There is a factor that changes this. It is the halving of the miners rewards that happened in May that changed the chart completely. These levels written here will change and two years later they will be a lot higher and we will be looking at different prices at different levels. It is very possible that Bitcoin in the next few months will begin a big rally. It won't be long and we will be here to find out if we will return to these prices or history will repeat itself.

• Useful or interesting 1

13 hours ago, Cleaner said:

.The range you asked to buy Bitcoin is really a very good range.

Before you will buy bitcoin, you need to check for support and resistance, no specific range someone can buy bitcoin. The price to buy bitcoin also depend on fundamental analyses as this year bitcoin price is determined by news we heard like the gray scale instinct investment. 

On 11/16/2020 at 9:57 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Hello dear members. In this topic I want to talk about a simple but useful fact about bitcoin. Many people (especially beginners) ask this question:

What is the ideal price to buy bitcoin? The answer to this question requires a comprehensive price analysis. To make it as easy as possible, I will explain about the concept of price frequency. I define it as the number of times a certain range of price is seen for bitcoin or in other words, which range of prices are more common than others (they are more frequently seen). First, I will write each price range and then I give a percentage for each of them based on frequency.

1) $3000 - $4000 (20%)

2) $4000 - $5000 (30%)

3) $5000 - $6000 (50%)

4) $6000 - $7000 (50%)

5) $7000 - $8000 (50%)

6) $8000 - $9000 (60%)

7) $9000 - $10000 (50%)

These percentages show which price ranges are more likely to be seen and which ones are visited less. This information can be helpful to determine risk levels. For example, if you buy bitcoin at $6500, it belongs to the 6000-7000 range which happens 50% of time and if the market crashes, you have 50% chance of recovery. If you buy at $13000, the chance of recovery is only 10% because this is not a common price for bitcoin according to the history of frequent prices.

@Brushless4500KV The range you mentioned 3K-5K, that's what bitcoin investors really care for. Since, if we bought bitcoins at this rate, and even if it goes down, there's likely chance that bitcoin will recover to it's initial price and somewhat sure you're likely to get profit, even it goes down after you buy. So, the best option here is to hold the currencies, right into your wallet and look for the chance, if it's rising again in near future.

9 hours ago, annayks said:

There is a factor that changes this. It is the halving of the miners rewards that happened in May that changed the chart completely. These levels written here will change and two years later they will be a lot higher and we will be looking at different prices at different levels. It is very possible that Bitcoin in the next few months will begin a big rally. It won't be long and we will be here to find out if we will return to these prices or history will repeat itself.

Your explanations about halving is acceptable but as you know, halving happens only once per 4 years and my chart only includes prices in normal conditions. I didn't include the effect of outside events on prices. They can change everything for sure but they are exceptions. Regarding the prices in the next months or 2 years later, nothing can be said expect some predictions that may or may not come true. My experience tells me that no matter how high bitcoin reaches in value, it will always have some crashes to the bottom before it jumps like a rocket.

Buying in a dip is always good choice for Bitcoin. We need to wait for recovery and in recent trend we aee seeing the recovery is being very fast. Like the price has dumped during march of this year. And you can see how quickly it has recovered and had pumped.

And these data you have given will change in different cycle in my view. Some years back 9-10k$ for btc was huge price but look in this cycle, it's like we can make 30-40% if we buy at that level with out any worries. Currently it's 70-80% gain from that level.

• +1 2

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

The Bitcoins often to described as a cryptocurrency a virtual currency or a digital currency is a type of money that is completely virtual. It's like an online version of cash you can use it to buy products and services

So with this post you are saying what exactly? That bitcoin is a sell above $12,000? And what about the previous cycle then between 2013-2016 it was a sell above $500. These price ranges you refer here will soon be history.

17 hours ago, Ropa2030 said:

Hello, this safe range, which ranges between (3000-5000 dollars), which is 50% as I mentioned, will not return in the future. The reason for this is that the price of any commodity is determined on the basis of supply and demand, and as we all see, the current period is increasing the demand for Bitcoin more than before.

In my view, the price of Bitcoin will rise above $ 30,000 during 2021.

How could you be so sure about that? Don't you remember what happened in 2017? In that year, bitcoin broke a new record but 3 years later in 2020, bitcoin crashed to $3500!! The current demand is high but it will not continue like this forever. A small economic disaster is enough to affect crypto prices and start a new bear market. It doesn't matter how high bitcoin will reach in 2021 or 2022. We will see those ranges again sooner or later. This is how the market works. Without rise and fall, there will be no trader and no demand.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

1) $3000 - $4000 (20%)

2) $4000 - $5000 (30%)

3) $5000 - $6000 (50%)

4) $6000 - $7000 (50%)

5) $7000 - $8000 (50%)

6) $8000 - $9000 (60%)

7) $9000 - $10000 (50%)

These is Impressive! 

The bitcoin percentages follows slightly a different protocol compared to most finicial systems especially the Fiat, I think with these information one would be Certain of the gain and losses in advance

• +1 1

The bitcoin price movements has been slow at the beginning of the year, and as the year keeps closing in, the percentage increase is becoming higher than ever

Bitcoin made new heighs and while all these were working for two years it is now in a different level. With price in places never been before we have to expect the unexpected and while dips will happen the chart has been very bullish. Although I don't know if I could recommend buying now. It is just very difficult to know what can happen at $23.5k.

This post is so useful and I also suggested that the crypto currencies in the worldwide over the world, but before making any thing in life. I think you will first have the knowledge about it, if not you will end up loss in your income

Whoever is looking for the ideal price to buy a particular currency, he often wants to buy and store a large amount of this currency, I think that this is not the best way to trade, as he can trade with a small amount until he knows the appropriate currency in which he will invest in the long term.

It was a strong institutional investing fomo that made Bitcoin rise a lot and create new terms. There is now a good chance that Bitcoin reaches very higher prices later this year and perhaps if we read about more companies buying it could become a corporations fomo. Maybe we will see Elon Musk telling that he bought a billion in Bitcoin.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:57 AM, annayks said:

It is very possible that Bitcoin in the next few months will begin a big rally. It won't be long and we will be here to find out if we will return to these prices or history will repeat itself.

Wow. Impressive prediction. Although not unlike what most of us were thinking about the price action. It was expected that a bull run will start and Bitcoin will reach a lot higher. It seems that it wasn't this long as probably right after that comment it was the market that started rising rapidly. Well done.