We should improve the quality of forum posts in terms of grammar and spelling. - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

We should improve the quality of forum posts in terms of grammar and spelling.

This is very much important I think. as some times the grammar and wrong spelling can make a wrong image of any post. so all should maintain this strongly.

• +3 1

On 12/27/2019 at 9:47 AM, abrar61 said:

Yes you are right we should always recheck our post if it has mistakes so we should resolve it by editing. And just because of this all will understand easily.

Yes it is i have mistakes on time and get a warning because of it.  And I knew it was mistaked because I didn't check in carefully my type.  It is also good for our clients in English if we do well

• +1 1

Some times it becomes very difficult to realize the main theme of the created topic as there are mistake in spelling and grammar. so i think all should be aware about grammar and spelling.

• +3 1

On 1/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, Hafiz Khan said:

Agree with you. You need to improve the quality of forum posts in terms of grammar and spelling because many people have not much knowledge of English. They cannot write in English. Therefore they use Google Translator to write their forum

Using Google Translator for posting in forum is not a good idea. That's just a software and has been designed to help you understand the main point of a text. Google Translator can't follow all the rules of grammar when translating from your source language to target language (which is English). It can only produce words with correct spelling. So, if you use it, your post will be difficult to understand in some cases because it is not fluent English.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, Brushless4500KV said:

Using Google Translator for posting in forum is not a good idea. That's just a software and has been designed to help you understand the main point of a text. Google Translator can't follow all the rules of grammar when translating from your source language to target language (which is English). It can only produce words with correct spelling. So, if you use it, your post will be difficult to understand in some cases because it is not fluent English.

For this sake, regional sections should be made, so the one who feel difficult to post in English might use their own language. I would say the admin  should make some regional boards, but they are not taking care neither interested in such thing. Kicking out of the forum is not the best solution, but we have to show their is a room for them.

• +2 1

56 minutes ago, valenteeno said:

there are posts that are totally unreadable and incomprehensible. it's not ungrammatical or poor english, it's complete nonsense.

Yes, those posts are probably the work of "nonsense posters", who only post some random text to get to the 100 characters limit. The difference between those, and the "Google Translated meaningful messages" is that you can decipher the latter ones, with some effort. The former just don't make any sense.

While Google Translated text is hard to follow, I applaud that members take the effort to post something useful!

• +4 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

2 minutes ago, valenteeno said:

So. let's support each other, then (with likes) and flag the rubbish, which should be the community effort since nobody seems to moderate the english threads

I think I already flagged 50 posts today. I'm starting to wonder if the moderators can keep up 😉

Maybe we should have a few trusted members who have the authority to delete spam messages. However, their reputation should be beyond doubt, and they should be aware of their responsibilities. A kind of "moderator light".

• +2 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

7 minutes ago, valenteeno said:

That makes me wonder if they do exist at all, lol. Or they can't read English. Believe me, they are very much inclined to reject my (21 already) posts in the Russian section, And total inaction here

No, they are working in the English sections, but it seems inconsistent ... some days all messages that I flagged are deleted, and some days nothing happens.

Ideally the messages should be deleted in the same day as when they are flagged, so that they don't cost money that could go to members who work for it.

• +2 1

On 12/26/2019 at 9:03 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

The formal language of this forum is English. So, most members should communicate with each other through this language. If we don't write it correctly, it will be hard for others to understand what we want to tell. I think it is really necessary for each user to produce quality posts to improve the forum. Sometimes I see some members don't care about their writings and there are lots of mistakes in their posts. Anyone should check his/her posts before submitting them. It is not difficult to edit posts. You should go back and check if there is any spelling error in your posts. Also check to find grammatical errors which will reduce the quality of posts. You can check your words and sentences in Microsoft Word to tell you which part of your post needs correction. It only takes a few minutes to read your own post to make sure there is nothing wrong in it.

Yes, we should improve the quality of forum posts in terms of grammar and spelling because we must also give forum what is due to it. Forum help us in our finances so let us also help forum in making qualitative posts. Let us also raise topics and discussions that are essential.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 12/26/2019 at 11:03 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Sometimes I see some members don't care about their writings and there are lots of mistakes in their posts

Sometimes I see useless trash posts with mere words of agreement and support while they use online translators for both understanding your post and answering it.

This should not be tolerated!

Yha, that's what I equally try to do every time I make a Post. I try to make it quite the right spellings and some times I abbreviate some long crypto words such as ATH, BTC, ETH and so on. Since NY now we should have known those abbreviations on crypto

• +1 1

On 1/3/2020 at 1:11 AM, Akbor said:

This is very much important I think. as some times the grammar and wrong spelling can make a wrong image of any post. so all should maintain this strongly.

This in an example of a useless trash post. There is a number of forum members who post same supportive nonsense in all threads.

The grammar is simple and is thus pretty OK, though.

Well not all the users in this site have English as their primary language, majority of the members seem to be Russian or from other countries in which English isn't used on a day to day basis, expecting them to learn English just so they can post here is quite unreasonable, I think the site should have translators for the major languages used in the site, they can be tasked to provide a clear translation of what people who aren't fluent in English want to say so the discussions can flow much easier.  

• +2 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:39 AM, aivibing said:

For me,grammar is not a big deal as long as its understandable. Many are trying their best to communicate the best they can. Gotta give eveyone a chance to explore their knowledge and be better in time. 

I totally agree with you. but some accounts have very bad grammar, until the sentence is understandable (or maybe they are just spaming)

The formal language of this forum is English. So, most members should communicate with each other through this language. If we don't write it correctly, it will be hard for others to understand what we want to tell. I think it is really necessary for each user to produce quality posts to improve the forum. Sometimes I see some members don't care about their writings and there are lots of mistakes in their posts. Anyone should check his/her posts before submitting them. It is not difficult to edit posts. You should go back and check if there is any spelling error in your posts. Also check to find grammatical errors which will reduce the quality of posts. You can check your words and sentences in Microsoft Word to tell you which part of your post needs correction. It only takes a few minutes to read your own post to make sure there is nothing wrong in it.

I know what you want and that is the best for the quality of the forum.
But lets not forget that there are so many members of this forum has no choice but to post on this language because they dont have the section for their first language. Unlike Russian, they can choose to write here or there.
As long as there is no place to fit in, people will got and write English in anyway they can.

11 hours ago, Hafiz Khan said:

Yes I agree we should improve grammar mistakes. Signs especially comma and dot(.) are important in sentence. Without signs sentences are difficult to understand the start and end of sentence.

The majority of members in this forum English it's not her mother language that's why we see some mistake in writing posts, for me English is my third language not first or second my second is french and the Arabic is my first so we do our best to write correctly 

On 12/26/2019 at 9:03 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

The formal language of this forum is English. So, most members should communicate with each other through this language.

If we don't write it correctly, it will be hard for others to understand what we want to tell.

I think it is really necessary for each user to produce quality posts to improve the forum.

Sometimes I see some members don't care about their writings and there are lots of mistakes in their posts.

Anyone should check his/her posts before submitting them. It is not difficult to edit posts.

You should go back and check if there is any spelling error in your posts. Also check to find grammatical errors which will reduce the quality of posts.

You can check your words and sentences in Microsoft Word to tell you which part of your post needs correction.

It only takes a few minutes to read your own post to make sure there is nothing wrong in it.

I agreed.

Sometimes with a simple review we can improve the sentences.

The presentation is also important, some of us make quick readings, so the distribution of the text in paragraphs is important.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

Hi mate, that's a good idea actually but let's consider those people who aren't really good in English and even the grammar are not too good. As long as we can understand each other in English. 

Yes you are absolutely right, we are seeing the posts with various types of spelling and grammer mistakes it states bad representation to the users and the information could also be out of path the way information should be, it will be very hard to communicate such information by such mistakes.

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes,we should maintain the quality of our post,here grammertical mistake and spelling missing we do many time,so it should be followed by oursalves.   

I think this is one of the issues here in this CryptoTalk forum. So, I guess that it is really necessary to add local forums for every country. Because even in MS Word, it still has errors. For example, MS Word only knows the basic like the plural nouns and a verb without a 's'.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:01 PM, scorpiali said:

The majority of members in this forum English it's not her mother language that's why we see some mistake in writing posts, for me English is my third language not first or second my second is french and the Arabic is my first so we do our best to write correctly 

It is true that there are lots of non-English members in this forum but there are some members that don't even care about the title of the topic they create. Even if you are not an English native speaker, you can still correct some very obvious errors. For example, I have seen many times that members write by instead of buy! Or mak instead of make!

All members can find and correct these errors if they go back and re-read what they have typed regardless of their mother tongues.

This is true, some of the members here dont really actually about their grammar or spelling, all they want was just to really earn in this forum and cant even make a good content.