We should improve the quality of forum posts in terms of grammar and spelling. - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

We should improve the quality of forum posts in terms of grammar and spelling.

I have bad grammar and spelling in English because that is not my original language. So far I use google translate to help me write the right word in my post/ reply. I try to follow your advice because how I communicate with other if I can't say correct?. Thank you for your post and see you next time.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 5
  • +2 3
  • +3 4
  • +5 1

Well as for me I'm using an app which is Grammarly, in fact, it is very helpful for me while posting here in forum because I can't help to make a mistake in spelling and grammar and thanks to this up I got to correct my wrongs, and even I'm not fluent in English I got to construct a fine and average quality of sentences, and I'm proud that now I don't make any mistakes in spelling, but I'm not sure about the grammar though.

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 5
  • +2 5
  • +3 3

14 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

It only takes a few minutes to read your own post to make sure there is nothing wrong in it.

There are non-English speakers though, and so even they want to correct their grammar, they couldn't. Online grammar checking services might help, but isn't guaranteed to make your post better, or if the idea would be retained.

What I think is most plausible is to have local boards for more language, though this action requires more manpower such as moderators for each local board, and might even stop the pay-per-post campaign since monitoring different languages for quality posts would be difficult.

Though I must agree, wrong grammar could just lead to unclear, non-helping discussions.

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 1
  • +2 3
  • +3 4
  • +4 1

Yes of course, there is a lot of members here are finding some difficulties in English, but there is some ways with them can improve their language, using online translation will be good to understand each other well

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 3
  • +3 2
  • +4 1

4 hours ago, faisalkhabirr said:

I think you have said a right thing to do but there js a problem that English is not our first language. As it is our second language and we are unable to use it properly weather we should be given a maximum amount of time to get better or we should get any feature of everyone's own languages

English is not my first language too but this is not something to prevent me from producing quality posts. Of course it is not expected from a non-English member to write as fluently as a native English writer but at least you can avoid some easy and common mistakes that most people commit in their writings. Even the forum itself has a feature that informs you by a red line under any word that has spelling error. You can check your post to find red lines and correct them before submitting reply. This is something anyone can do regardless of what is his/her mother language.

Well as for me I'm using an app which is Grammarly

Yes, Grammarly can be a useful tool for editing posts and writing more smoothly. It is much better than using free online translation services. But you should not only rely on software or applications. You should always check your post for final editing.

• +1 6
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +4 2

I can understand people that used English as their second language because of that some errors are occur just correct them in a nice way. Also you have point because the content must be understandable by the users and I hope this will fix because edit is easy to use.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +3 2

35 minutes ago, Brushless4500KV said:

English is not my first language too but this is not something to prevent me from producing quality posts. Of course it is not expected from a non-English member to write as fluently as a native English writer but at least you can avoid some easy and common mistakes that most people commit in their writings. Even the forum itself has a feature that informs you by a red line under any word that has spelling error. You can check your post to find red lines and correct them before submitting reply. This is something anyone can do regardless of what is his/her mother language.

Yes, Grammarly can be a useful tool for editing posts and writing more smoothly. It is much better than using free online translation services. But you should not only rely on software or applications. You should always check your post for final editing.

First of all the forum owners should allow members to increase their ranks without deleting posts. I am losing hopes on them day by day and currently I have met to another forum owner and talked about other things, however the forum was new.

The admin is not taking care for the deletion of posts and we see too many inactive here and am also looking to move from here on one day.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +3 1

Simple english will do.

The more simple the better we should consider those people who are not fluent in english but they want to participate.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Some people was not really good on englsih because it's not their native language including myself so i think it's not really vital mistake, We just need to discuss with topic that on topic with the thread and not off topic, Just my opinion.

• +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

A good idea bro, to improve the quality of forum posts in terms of grammar and spelling. But this is not easy because many members are not from English-speaking countries. But the important thing is we can understand what they mean. Of course there are many ways to improve their English writing skills

• +1 3
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

I don't think the grammar was not included because some of us are not good at english and some are it is not their primary language. To make it a better forum just avoid spamming and plagiarizing.

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +5 1

i think we can try to achieve that but it would be hard to do it because many members on here are from countries where English isn't their first language  and it would turn to a school if we try to correct everyone's grammar.

• +1 3
  • +2 1

In this forum, we need to used 1 language only to be understand by the all members here, english is the universal language so that if we used this, many members here will be getting understand what is the topic all about and also to easily gain knowledge with us, we need to understand some members here are not good when it comes to english, we need to understand what they are saying to become successful this forum.

• +1 1

On 12/26/2019 at 9:03 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

The formal language of this forum is English. So, most members should communicate with each other through this language. If we don't write it correctly, it will be hard for others to understand what we want to tell. I think it is really necessary for each user to produce quality posts to improve the forum. Sometimes I see some members don't care about their writings and there are lots of mistakes in their posts. Anyone should check his/her posts before submitting them. It is not difficult to edit posts. You should go back and check if there is any spelling error in your posts. Also check to find grammatical errors which will reduce the quality of posts. You can check your words and sentences in Microsoft Word to tell you which part of your post needs correction. It only takes a few minutes to read your own post to make sure there is nothing wrong in it.

I agree on this. People should always check the spelling or their grammar before posting anything because if not nobody's gonna understand what you're saying and it'll be just a waste of time.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

Quote me so that I would get notified when you replied.😊

Yes you are right, most of the members are actually dont care about their grammar or spelling, well its really annoying that they are too lazy to fix their wrong spelling words.

• +2 1

i am not a native English speaker or writer.so this is actually a problem for me.i also have this type of problems but i am using the some correction tools and trying to correct myself.if still i am doing wrong please forgive me.i will do better in future

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Personally I am fine with people making spelling and grammar errors when posting their thoughts. We are a global society, and people use different ways to interact with the forum. My English is not perfect as well (I am not a native speaker), so I make mistakes as well. I just try to express my thoughts as clearly as I can, and I expect no more from others as well.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

On 12/26/2019 at 6:03 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

The formal language of this forum is English. So, most members should communicate with each other through this language. If we don't write it correctly, it will be hard for others to understand what we want to tell. I think it is really necessary for each user to produce quality posts to improve the forum. Sometimes I see some members don't care about their writings and there are lots of mistakes in their posts. Anyone should check his/her posts before submitting them. It is not difficult to edit posts. You should go back and check if there is any spelling error in your posts. Also check to find grammatical errors which will reduce the quality of posts. You can check your words and sentences in Microsoft Word to tell you which part of your post needs correction. It only takes a few minutes to read your own post to make sure there is nothing wrong in it.

But this is the only way English is the only language every body can understand English easily but in writing these is lots of mistakes but you can use dictionary on internet.

• +1 1

Yes before we click on submit reply or create new post , we should give a final look at the post to see if there are any grammatical errors, so when we pass the post on forum, others can fully understand.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

13 minutes ago, Hafiz Khan said:

Agree with you. You need to improve the quality of forum posts in terms of grammar and spelling because many people have not much knowledge of English. They cannot write in English. Therefore they use Google Translator to write their forum

Yes, that is something I slowly have started to understand ... it looks like several posters create the message in their own language, and then use Google Translate to generate the English message. Of course they cannot check the quality of the translation then.

It may become a mess, but would it be easier if this forum would allow posts in English, Russian, French, and Spanish? Many people can understand at least one of those languages. Maybe even have a Google Translate button embedded in the forum reader?

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Finally a currency which I believe might become a stable coin with a good future (community controlled Ecoin)

Look, read the FAQ, and sign up for free here: https://ecoinofficial.org/referral/n9zk2s0

Sometimes wrong grammar and spelling may lead to miscommunication because the other users don't understand the content correctly. We also avoid the redundancy in our write up. Maybe some of us here is not fluent in English but we should make sure that our grammar is understandable to have a good communication and sharing knowledge with each other.

• +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

On 12/28/2019 at 8:39 PM, Muhammad Haroon said:

We know English but we are not a professional writer so mistakes could happen but the most secure way to avoid mistake is to use an extension in the chrome named, ''Grammarly". The extension tells us where we commit spelling or grammar mistake.

You do not need that Grammarly, but if you real need it it is cool, if you use chrome your life could go smooth with the spell check.

i am trying to improve the reply and also the grammar mistakes.i hope people are as more spend time here and reply they will be developed automatically.in future my post quality will be good at least

• +1 3

and sometimes there are also members who write without using the sign "comma (,) and period (.)" making it difficult to read. In addition, the use of grammar is important so that it is easily understood by others, especially those who rarely use English.

• +2 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.