Difference between cryptocurrency and token. Very interesting. - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
LUISAHG.

Difference between cryptocurrency and token. Very interesting.

Cryptocurrency.
As we have already explained above, a cryptocurrency is basically a cryptographic means of payment that can be exchanged for goods and services. Virtual money has been designed to operate practically like fiat money and has an intrinsic value in itself, so that it can capitalize on the markets and be used in businesses. In addition, it is the community and its support as well as the trust of users in the network that give it its value (together with the law of supply and demand).
Token.
Now, token is a broader concept than cryptocurrency. The term comes from the English "token" and its meaning varies according to the context where we frame it, so that token does not describe the same reality for a programmer as for an investor. Thus the patio, the main difference is that tokens are units of value that can represent hundreds of properties in the real world, not only a currency, but also actions, contracts, assets, rights, etc. Therefore, its value and uses are not restricted to monetary processes.
Like cryptocurrencies, tokens have been created by private entities. However, its main objective is to facilitate transactions and operations within its platform (such as Ethereum Gas) and not to be used solely as money. In this way, they can act as a bargaining chip to obtain financing and distribute the assets among investors and users of their network. However, as a general rule, tokens remain within their ecosystem, from which they cannot leave, while cryptocurrencies capitalize on the markets and can be used as means of payment...

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 3
  • +5 3

Interesting topic Dear friend @LUISAHG. yes is very important to have the knowledge about things like what you have introduced on your topic. While a cryptocurrency users its own platform and operates independently, a token is not the same because it is dependent on about the other pre-existing Blockchain. Not all cryptos are tokens, but however all token are cryptos.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Please can you do your research before creating a topic. This is quite misleading if you won't be offended. You meant to say difference between coin and a token instead? A coin and a token fall under the general name - cryptocurrency. A coin possess its own blockchain network while a token is built on a blockchain of the other.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

On 10/30/2020 at 2:10 AM, LUISAHG. said:

Now, token is a broader concept than cryptocurrency. The term comes from the English "token" and its meaning varies according to the context where we frame it, so that token does not describe the same reality for a programmer as for an investor. Thus the patio, the main difference is that tokens are units of value that can represent hundreds of properties in the real world, not only a currency, but also actions, contracts, assets, rights, etc. Therefore, its value and uses are not restricted to monetary processes.

Thanks for these insightful topic, All along I thought tokens and coins are thesame, 

Tokens have greater functionalities and usability than an ordinary cryptocurrency but on a general note, they are all cryptocurrencies 

• +2 1

On 11/30/2020 at 2:54 PM, tienda said:

While a cryptocurrency users its own platform and operates independently, a token is not the same because it is dependent on about the other pre-existing Blockchain.

My friend you are doing some mistake @tienda ,In cryptocurrency there are two different things a coin and a token .A coin has it's own blockchain while token uses other coin's blockchain .Examples of coin is Bitcoin ,Etherium etc and example of token is Talk token ,Minex etc .The topic creator @LUISAHG. has made a mistake and I have tagged  him and i think he will correct it .

• +4 1

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

It`s always very necessary to definite some simple terms in every sphere and cryptocurrency as any other sphere needs some special knowledge. Ability to understand the difference between tokens and cryptocurrencies is a one of significant steps to understanding cryptocurrency world 

Crypto currency and token are two different things crypto currency is a great and secure and independent account it's may be create own it but token is dependent account and it's depend on blockchain while crypto currency do not depend on blockchain

• +3 1

On 12/4/2020 at 7:17 AM, Raqeebzy said:

Please can you do your research before creating a topic. This is quite misleading if you won't be offended. You meant to say difference between coin and a token instead? A coin and a token fall under the general name - cryptocurrency. A coin possess its own blockchain network while a token is built on a blockchain of the other.

I'm a novice and I was thinking exactly what you say friend, "I clarify the part that I mean by quoting your comment: "cryptocurrency. A currency has its own blockchain network, while a token is built on a chain of blocks of the other ". When reading the publication of our colleague I thought that my little knowledge was wrong, how good that I read your comment, now I have many doubts.

• +2 1

3 hours ago, merlina54 said:

I'm a novice and I was thinking exactly what you say friend, "I clarify the part that I mean by quoting your comment: "cryptocurrency. A currency has its own blockchain network, while a token is built on a chain of blocks of the other ". When reading the publication of our colleague I thought that my little knowledge was wrong, how good that I read your comment, now I have many doubts.

Well, if you do have doubts, please reveal them so we can help one another in clearing them out as much as possible. 

Though my explanation wasn't much comprehensive, I think it was spot on with key words which outline the difference between coins and tokens (blockchain). 

• +1 1

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

This is my first  time getting any explanation  like this about coin or token because till now i know that coin or token meaning is same as both we called as crypto..  The altcoin project team just  put an name of the project with token or coin though  mostly  coin has its own blockchain  network.. 

• +2 1

Thanks for sharing dear friend for this interesting and amazing post. This post is very informative i gain large of information from this post. You really explain the term token and coin and difference between token and coin.

Сryptocurrency and coin are close concepts. Both relate to the realities of the digital world, without physical expression. Both can be bought and then spent.
Nevertheless, tokens and coins are different things. But what do you prefer?

Hi, guys! In general, cryptocurrency includes coins (they have own blockchain) and tokens (they haven't their own blockchain). Tokens are usually created for  definite project. 

Really cryptocurrency is more broad concept than token. And cryptocurrency we can use as means of payment, but tokens only serve the project.

Grand time: launchpad