Which is the best time frame to trade for beginners? - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
ayatoslaw

Which is the best time frame to trade for beginners?

For a beginner, trading requires a lot of focus and time in order to get maximum profit, whereas for a professional trader, trading is a part-time job that doesn't take much time, I'm sure most of us think that way.

But if you understand about trading, the problem is not that you are a beginner or a professional, but about how you can understand your own needs.

One of the ways is to choose the right time frame. A time frame is needed to help traders keep emotions stable, this is because most beginners focus more on looking for profits than minimizing losses.

Below are some of the time frames for trading:
- Long-term
Usually will use a Daily or Weekly time frame (1D, 2D, 3D, 1W, 2W,)
Advantages: You don't have to spend a lot of time in front of the PC
Disadvantages: Requires a lot of patience, because it usually takes months to take profit.

- Medium-term
Usually will use a Hourly time frame (1H, 2H, 4H, 8H, 12H)
Advantages: More opportunities to trade
Disadvantages: in some cases you are forced to trade all day long.

- Short-term
Usually will use a Minute time frame (1M, 5M, 15M, 30M, 45M)
Advantages: It is faster to complete a trade if the target is reached
Disadvantages: Only suitable for professional traders, because focus and mentality are needed for maximum profit.

Conclusion:
There is no best time frame for a beginner, due to the fact that many traders are successful when trading not because they are professional traders, but because they already know which time frame is suitable for them.

• +1 1
  • +3 3
  • +4 2
  • +5 8

18 hours ago, ayatoslaw said:

- Short-term
Disadvantages: Only suitable for professional traders, because focus and mentality are needed for maximum profit.

Actually it is the case for me in most of the situation. I learnt everything for cryptocurrency tradings from test and trial(I do not recommend this method because it it is riskiest but perfectly shapes the skills for a long term purposes). Personally, I advise beginners to go for a long-term trading strategies by choosing some unique coins like BTC, ETH, LTC,etc if they are not willing to take enough risks 😉

Edited by Whited35
Minor error in texts.
  • Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 2
  • +2 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

18 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Actually it is the case for me in most of the cases. I learnt everything for cryptocurrency tradings from test and trial(I do not recommend this method because it it is riskiest but perfectly shapes the skills for a long term purposes).

Short-term time frame will only give a lot of losses for beginners.
Yes, it is great if used for long term practice, but most beginners are impatient and want to trade directly with money rather than simulations)

18 hours ago, Whited35 said:

Personally, I advise beginners to go for a long-term trading strategies by choosing some unique coins like BTC, ETH, LTC,etc if they are not willing to take enough risks 😉

Holding old coins is the right decision, because in practice HODL is actually a long-term trading strategy.)

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +5 2

personally I prefer short term trading, its very profitable to me because  usually go for just 2-3% profit at best from my trades, i tend to take small profits because greed is what made me lose lots of money back in my early days. 

50 minutes ago, ayatoslaw said:

Holding old coins is the right decision, because in practice HODL is actually a long-term trading strategy.)

old coins are reliable but there is low chance of getting higher profit, I prefer small coins because they are easier to go up higher, just like how RUNE went 10x in a few months, while most old coins just went up 1x since the march dump.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

I love to go for a long term investment practice because it is a good way to multiply initial capital in a risk-free way. A crypto novice can face difficulty to build long term investment portfolio.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

22 hours ago, ayatoslaw said:

A time frame is needed to help traders keep emotions stable, this is because most beginners focus more on looking for profits than minimizing losses.

True most beginners always focuses on making more profits when they are trading,as a result they fail to control losses and get knocked this way therefore, it's also very important at a beginner level to understanding which time frame to go for depending on the currency or crypto coin being traded while as minimizing losses in case the worst happens because trading is about losing and winning but what is important is to reduce the losses and stay consistency in profits,as for me when trading in cryptocurrence market I choose long-term investment in days,weeks or months time frame but at Forex market I'm still a beginner and I find my self comfortable with 1 or 5 minets time frame because I like quick trades but this needs a good strategy otherwise it's risk for beginners.

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +4 1

11 hours ago, George10 said:

True most beginners always focuses on making more profits when they are trading,as a result they fail to control losses and get knocked this way therefore, it's also very important at a beginner level to understanding which time frame to go for depending on the currency or crypto coin being traded while as minimizing losses in case the worst happens because trading is about losing and winning but what is important is to reduce the losses and stay consistency in profits,as for me when trading in cryptocurrence market I choose long-term investment in days,weeks or months time frame but at Forex market I'm still a beginner and I find my self comfortable with 1 or 5 minets time frame because I like quick trades but this needs a good strategy otherwise it's risk for beginners.

To be honest you deserve more than just a reputation for this comment, I read this more than five time ,and am very sure if other newbies like me can see this post, they will benefit as well, thanks mate 

Edited by ayatoslaw
https://i.imgur.com/mlXmWK7.png
  • +2 1

14 hours ago, duncun007 said:

personally I prefer short term trading, its very profitable to me because  usually go for just 2-3% profit at best from my trades, i tend to take small profits because greed is what made me lose lots of money back in my early days. 

You have to understand risk management if you take short-term time frames) because if you make the wrong calculations, you should quickly cover your losses and trading costs by taking profits on the next trade,

12 hours ago, ShiNorton said:

I love to go for a long term investment practice because it is a good way to multiply initial capital in a risk-free way. A crypto novice can face difficulty to build long term investment portfolio.

Choosing investment instead of trading is not a bad choice,
But that does not mean you will be free from risk, waiting a long time and profits not as expected is one of these risks.

• +5 2

2 hours ago, ayatoslaw said:

Choosing investment instead of trading is not a bad choice,
But that does not mean you will be free from risk, waiting a long time and profits not as expected is one of these risks.

Doing crypto=facing bigger risk because investments  in high volatile  things would not be safer. Sometime long waiting also does not pay off for our investment but if it is a good coin then it is still a good way to prevent losses in thin air of short term trading. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

We all have our preference on trading and mine would be short term trading. I really found it to be my sweet spot on trading because I'm sometimes impatient which makes long term trading and medium term trading not suitable for me.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

For the beginners i think that the best decision is buy for long term, but definetively you will learn more if you start to trade short positions all day.

• +2 1

On 10/24/2020 at 11:46 PM, veimaralex said:

but definetively you will learn more if you start to trade short positions all day.

Learn more and also have to be prepared to lose a lot)
if beginners want to trade short-term, they also need to be prepared with a lot of capital to cover losses,

17 hours ago, Meyedi2020 said:

I like to trade short term.  I really found it as my sweet spot in trading because I sometimes get impatient that long term trading and medium term trading are not suitable for me.

Every trader has their own problems, and if I see you have problems with patience,
try reading the article about tactics to become a more patient and disciplined trader

• +2 1

23 hours ago, davidcamaroom said:

Trading in this market requires a bit of knowledge, but managing your personal emotions will make you less nervous.

Yes, controlling emotions is very necessary so you don't panic easily, and one way to control emotions is by choosing a time frame that suits you, because it is impossible for you to only focus on one time frame or all time frames at once.

23 hours ago, davidcamaroom said:

It is best to follow people with long-term experience to lead you

Better to trade using your own analysis, it will be in vain if you trade only depending on the analysis of other traders, because you will not get a lesson from every loss you get.

• +2 1
  • +5 1

I dont think that there is some thing called best time frame, as market movements doesn't only rely on Technical Analysis, but if u must use Technical then large Time frame are the best choice (4H and above), as the smaller time frames tend to give wrong or Un clear state for the market. 

• +2 2

❤️🖤👍

BetFury Twitter |📩Telegram | 🎲You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿| Reddit 🕹 Free BTC 1800 Satoshi every day

On 10/30/2020 at 2:37 AM, talo122 said:

but if u must use Technical then large Time frame are the best choice (4H and above), as the smaller time frames tend to give wrong or Un clear state for the market. 

Large Time Frames start at 1D, 1W or 1M, while 4H, 8H or 12H are still small Time Frames,
actually small time frames do not give wrong conditions, it's just that small time frames can not identify the general market direction

• +3 1
  • +5 1

18 hours ago, raking said:

I think your own strategy will generate the timeframe you want to trade. You do not have much time to trade you can create a strategy with 1day time frame. Similar to the daily traders you can also create a strategy with a timeframe of 30m or 1 hour.

What is your direction of talking here ? I assume you have got the crux of matter what OP is trying to say in his topic. Determining specific time frames is essentially a first stage for making any sort of trading strategies but you always intend to get profits off crypto tradings, right? So in the essence, there is the most important factor that you should not regret to involve i.e.price volatility in any sort of tradings. For example, you go for a sort term day trading but tolerance level in selling and buying orders on the trading platforms is appeared as smooth(low volatility), you get nothing but also have to loss some amounts in trading commission  😜!

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

On 10/22/2020 at 4:35 PM, ayatoslaw said:

- Short-term

Well explained, brother. All those time frames are good to trade if you have trading knowledge. Short-term trading is one of my best, because i trade arbitrage and peer to peer, mostly. In arbitrage trading you must be very quickly and you must focus on the pairs that you trade and in making transactions from one exchange to another, because crypto market is volatile, so if you'll miss even a single minute in making transaction after choosing a good pair, your profit will decrease.

• +2 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

17 hours ago, Calvinpriva said:

Well explained, brother. All those time frames are good to trade if you have trading knowledge. Short-term trading is one of my best, because i trade arbitrage and peer to peer, mostly.

I think arbitrage trading does not require a special time frame to start trading, as long as you can see the price comparison between one exchange and another, you can trading arbitrage.
besides that you are also required to be able to calculate how long the withdrawal time for each exchange.

• +1 1

On 10/23/2020 at 12:17 PM, ShiNorton said:

I too will advice newbies as a beginner to go for longer term at first, they can in the process be learning short term, but we all know how short time is risky. I have come to realize that short term traders are losing for long term traders to gain. 

• +1 1

On 10/22/2020 at 4:35 PM, ayatoslaw said:

There is no best time frame for a beginner, due to the fact that many traders are successful when trading not because they are professional traders, but because they already know which time frame is suitable for them.

It is clear that each trader will answer this question according to his personal experience and according to the time frame he uses for trading. While many traders assert that the daily time frame is what protects you from rapid price movements, other traders see that this is incorrect and that the frame Daily chronology you get lost with a lot of deals.

• +1 1

I think for a beginner the best time frame to trade is the short time, as these would allow one to trade with caution and also learn in the process while also avoiding making mistakes, these is limited when it's a long term trade. 

• +2 1

I have barely started on picking up some time trading crypto, which makes me a trading beginner. So let me give some points of view from a beginner's perspective.

• Long term - With placing trading orders, I can devote less time with trading so I can spend more time learning cryptocurrency stuff, which would be vital if I want to be a solid expert at trading.
  • Medium term - Between the two extremes, this would be akin to doing things half-heartedly. You get good benefits (and not-so-good ones if unlucky) from both. Which may not be so bad if you get to earn profits in the end.
  • Short term - The riskiest choice for beginners IMO, but maybe also the fastest way to learn the ups and downs of trading, since you get to experience it right away.

IMO, trading on short terms should not be recommended for beginners, unless that person happens to be rich and does not care if he loses a few bucks here and there. I think I will prefer longer terms like what the other posters have suggested since I do not like wasting resources 😄 . Learning about common trading mistakes and reading market flows will benefit more in the longer run. As a famous quote said, "A wise man learns from the mistakes of others" and this applies to the crypto market as well.

• +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 10/22/2020 at 7:35 PM, ayatoslaw said:

Below are some of the time frames for trading:
- Long-term
Usually will use a Daily or Weekly time frame (1D, 2D, 3D, 1W, 2W,)
Advantages: You don't have to spend a lot of time in front of the PC
Disadvantages: Requires a lot of patience, because it usually takes months to take profit.

- Medium-term
Usually will use a Hourly time frame (1H, 2H, 4H, 8H, 12H)
Advantages: More opportunities to trade
Disadvantages: in some cases you are forced to trade all day long.

- Short-term

Here are three steps you can take to begin the process of preparation for mediation.  Everyone can trade in three steps.  However, there are advantages and disadvantages.  But experience is needed to trade.  If someone has good experience to trade then he should be profitable in all terms.  However, it is better to do long time trading, as this will reduce the pressure on the trader. And those who want to do short time trading must know and understand the price increase of cryptocurrency, otherwise they will not be able to profit easily.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

In my opinion, the best range for beginners is a week. That time is sufficient for analysis, research and decision-making. Short time is not enough for beginners to obtain all the information they need, and long time will waste opportunities for them.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Carrying out more deals on smaller timeframes may allow you to earn money and the more trades you open, the greater the chances of you making good deals.
 You have to be able to remain calm, deal with losses quickly, and not rush to make wrong decisions in order to compensate for your loss.  On the other hand
 Trading on small timeframes makes you feel the pulse of the market and be a very active trader.

• +1 1
  • +2 1