USDT may overtake ETH in Marketcap next year! - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
ETheHedgehog

USDT may overtake ETH in Marketcap next year!

USDT has been widely popular and in increasing popularity even now, it's a crypto equivalent to the USD and it's a stable coin, meaning it's price isn't controlled by the market rather fixed at $1 USD.

in Q4 2020 reports by Bloomberg, ETH had a mrket cap of $43.2 Billion but had been less than $30 million throughout most of 2020 and 2019, while on the other hand USDT had around $4 billion in start of 2020 and rose greatly into $15.7 Billion in October, and with it's current trend it could overtake ETH next year in market cap, which is a huge achievement and especially for a stable coin, as most people dislike stable coins and prefer the more volatile coins.

with this rise in demand for stable coins, Digital Currency Banks could become a reality sooner than later, what do you guys think? do you have an interest in USDT or other stable coins, or prefer trading or holding other giants like BTC?

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 3
  • +2 4
  • +3 5
  • +4 4
  • +5 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

2 hours ago, Maaz sultan said:

it dont have potential to reach 200+ dollars and Ethereum is about reaching 400$

i already stated that USDT is a stable coin which means its price will not fluctuate or increase like ETH, but that's not to say that it isn't popular or that it isn't useful, both volatile coins and stable coins have their own benefits, it just comes down to your style

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 4
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                            bf_320x100.png

4 hours ago, Pata134 said:

The USDT is now widely popular and still growing in popularity, it is a crypto equivalent to the USD dollar and it is a stable currency, meaning its price is not controlled by the market but is fixed at 1 1.
  According to Bloomberg's Q4 2020 report, ETH had a market cap of ৪ 42.2 billion, but for most of 2020 and 2019 it was less than 30 30 million.  , And with its current trend it may surpass ETH in the market cap next year, which is a huge gain and especially for a stable currency, as most people dislike a stable currency and prefer a more volatile currency.
  With the demand for stable currency increasing, digital currency banks may soon become a reality, do you think?  Are you interested in USDT or other stable currencies, or prefer to trade or hold other giants like BTC?

please don't just copy and paste the topic or any other reply for that matter, you will just get reported for spam and may get your account banned, why not just read the topic and give an honest reply, it would only take about 5 mins of your time

• Useful or interesting 1

BetFury                                                   

17 hours ago, ETheHedgehog said:

USDT has been widely popular and in increasing popularity even now, it's a crypto equivalent to the USD and it's a stable coin, meaning it's price isn't controlled by the market rather fixed at $1 USD.

in Q4 2020 reports by Bloomberg, ETH had a mrket cap of $43.2 Billion but had been less than $30 million throughout most of 2020 and 2019, while on the other hand USDT had around $4 billion in start of 2020 and rose greatly into $15.7 Billion in October, and with it's current trend it could overtake ETH next year in market cap, which is a huge achievement and especially for a stable coin, as most people dislike stable coins and prefer the more volatile coins.

with this rise in demand for stable coins, Digital Currency Banks could become a reality sooner than later, what do you guys think? do you have an interest in USDT or other stable coins, or prefer trading or holding other giants like BTC?

Many people keep the money in the exchenges in ysdt that is why its usefulness can unfortunately disappear if the government puts sanctions since it is not yet known with what money usdt is backed but hopefully and that never happens

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

58 minutes ago, SatoshiGames72 said:

Many people keep the money in the exchenges in ysdt that is why its usefulness can unfortunately disappear if the government puts sanctions since it is not yet known with what money usdt is backed but hopefully and that never happens

i don't think if these digital banks actually happen that governments will be able to control them, and i believe that USDT isn't backed by a single fiat money but rather multiple

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

I think USDT is the competitor for fiat money, USDT is the bridge between cryptocurrency and fiat money, now people exchange their coin to USDT more than to USD or any other fiat money. Then when they want some fiat exchange their USDT.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

7 hours ago, tienda said:

I think USDT is the competitor for fiat money, USDT is the bridge between cryptocurrency and fiat money, now people exchange their coin to USDT more than to USD or any other fiat money. Then when they want some fiat exchange their USDT.

that's true, people could start using USDT as a replacement for digital fiat services like Paypal and Pioneer, since it has less fees for transactions and payments, if more sites and services implement payments with USDT it could be huge

• +1 1
  • +3 1

BetFury                                                   

USDT can surpass because it doesn't have volatility like Eth which gives him disadvantage and ETH have upper ha d because it is still growing and not stable coin. Where it's price is effected by BTC and goes suddenly high. The Eth have many contract and can be more growing against USDT. 

• +1 1

USDT is not used for trading purpose. It is use for storing their assets. But ETH is used for trading purpose. So it is very hard for usdt to overcome eth. May be it take two to three years to happen this. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1

There are great possibilities that could happen looking how the market capitalisation of Tether (USDT) has grown progressively since a couple of years back (Specifically 2017). However, I think it is going to be a thug of war if that is going to happen as early as next year as ETH is becoming the benchmark crypto assets after BTC due to the DeFi protocol and also ETH 2.0 scheduled for next year. Expect a massive increase in volume of ETH, in turn market cap.

• +3 2

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy

It is very possible that USDT will be used even more and be in such demand that it will grow even more into 50 billion usd market cap or even higher next year. It has trippled only this year and it can keep growing as long as there is demand. Exchanges use Tether and the higher volumes we see probably mean that even 100 billion USDT is possible even next year.

• +2 1

On 11/1/2020 at 10:35 PM, kryptonick said:

I've read a while ago that Tether can reach 100 billion market cap. I don't know why they would do that and how they plan to sustain a price of 1 dollar. This is probably not sustainable but the words come from the Tether Ceo mouth and not some analyst.

many people have been saying this about tether, and how they always do spoof trading and they have been investigated many times, to me it seems like it might collapse at any moment.

• +1 1

45 minutes ago, ndadukun12 said:

Tether has been doing well and is becoming the most traded pair with bitcoin and may soon overtake even ethereum.

USDT is one of stablecoins that traders need to store the value of their assets when market correction,
almost all exchanges provide USDT pairs, this is because traders prefer USDT over other stablecoins,
It is undeniable that for this reason there is a possibility that USDT market capitalization will increase higher than ETH in one or two years.

• +2 3
  • +4 1

I think so , but the truth is we have to really rethink about it , I once went to withdraw usdt and I realize the fee is really to big I dont know if that was something that was foor me or it was something happened on Yobit , but I found out that it was so difficult for me to really be able to work as hard to use usdt but I think am trying to check on DAO and see how it goes so that would be really important for me.

• +2 1

On 10/25/2020 at 5:07 PM, malik6314193 said:

USDT is not used for trading purpose. It is use for storing their assets. But ETH is used for trading purpose. So it is very hard for usdt to overcome eth. May be it take two to three years to happen this. 

@malik6314193

Regardless of the purpose or main use of a cryptocurrency, to obtain any of it, there's a need to trade, trading simply indicates that you are exchanging one currency or asset for another. 

Edited by Froshk
  • +2 1

It is a possibility since the USDT is basically the only value to which we can call safe within Crypto World, although this concept has been coined on the BTC, in my opinion the true coin to save is the USDT and sooner or later it will reach the top.

On 11/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, Mwangi said:

I think so , but the truth is we have to really rethink about it , I once went to withdraw usdt and I realize the fee is really to big I dont know if that was something that was foor me or it was something happened on Yobit ,

No, it's not just on yobit, indeed USDT withdrawal fees on most exchanges are very high, between 5 USDT to 10 USD. If it's too expensive you can replace it with another coin like LTC, LTC has a cheap withdrawal fee.

On 11/8/2020 at 3:09 AM, Amiami said:

It is a possibility since the USDT is basically the only value to which we can call safe within Crypto World, 

Yes, USDT is a safe asset because it can store the value of your assets to protect it from the volatility of the cryptocurrency space.

• +2 1
  • +5 3

USDT is an establishment much more used by people and as this crypto market is very volatile and more investors are entering every day, exchanges are forced to have more USDT on exchanges to provide more liquids. the other establishments have strange names and are unable to attract people's attention

• +3 1

Tether (USDT) is the world’s largest stablecoin by market cap which can overtake Ethereum which could reach a valuation higher than that of Ethereum in 2021 although the price of Ethereum will remain to be on top of Tether (USDT) since Tether (USDT) cryptocoins in circulation are backed by an equivalent amount of traditional fiat currencies, like that of dollar and Euro.

• +1 1

Even if this happens, it is not important because the dollar currency is not competitive, but rather is stable, meaning there is no profit in it unlike Ethereum which is traded daily, I personally tend to hold my money through Bitcoin only..

• +1 1
  • +2 1

USDT(tether) is a good stable coin which can give you assurance because i usually use to convert my bitcoin usdt whenever the price is higher since it is a stable coin and convert it back to bitcoin whenever the value of bitcoin drop so that i can accumulate more coin to my wallet, i make use of usdt in form of trading and i think you should also give it trial.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Usdt developers know right how to attract people to use their stable cryptocurrency! but i am wondering since a period if it would really stable for a long time or not!? what makes us sure about this issue!? i know that most of people allover the world use usdt in their trading because they think that it would be stable and they wouldn't lose their money in a while! but there are some new articles which talk about something different so we should really be aware! it may overtake eth volume but i think that ethereum future would be better than it especially because of its great project and technology!

• +4 1

I also agreeing with that because if you look currently people who are trade they must use USDT with other coin such as BTC/USDT or ETH/USDT.

• +1 1

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

13 hours ago, ayatoslaw said:

Yes, USDT is a safe asset because it can store the value of your assets to protect it from the volatility of the cryptocurrency space.

yea its a good way to keep your profits locked until bitcoin dips down again to your buy area, but what scares me about USDT is the things that happened a while ago when it lost like 20% of its value and that caused bitcoin to pump to 7600$ in a few min. since then people became aware that USDT can pop at any min, but at the same time i see bitfinex ceo is doing his best to assure everyone that USDT is actually backed up.

• +1 1
  • +2 1