USDT may overtake ETH in Marketcap next year! - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
ETheHedgehog

USDT may overtake ETH in Marketcap next year!

According to the figures issued in the fourth quarter of ‭2020‬, this shows how much the market capitalization of the USDT currency has increased, and it competes strongly with the market capital of Ethereum and that the people's appetite for the USDT currency because it is a stable currency and therefore investing in it is safe, unlike investing in ETH and BTC where the prices are volatile but profitable.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

You are absolutely right, my friend, that most people in the crypto field prefer trading in cryptocurrencies because their price is variable and therefore they can make good profits by buying them at a low price and selling them at a high price, while Tether USDT is a stable currency and its price is fixed to me. I do not want In buying such currency.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Tether is growing rapidly and it is astonishing how fast the market cap is rising with minting hundreds of millions of new USDT in many blockchains. It is something that we should know that it can reach above Ethereum as it is already 17Billion and has grown by more than 10 billion only in one year.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 11/10/2020 at 2:51 AM, duncun007 said:

but what scares me about USDT is the things that happened a while ago when it lost like 20% of its value and that caused bitcoin to pump to 7600$ in a few min.

Do you mean the USDT/BTC pair? or USDT/FIAT pair? because I have never seen USDT rate drop by 20%, if it goes down it might be around $ 0.98 at most and then stabilize at $1
USDT is a stablecoin, and you should see it based on Fiat prices not BTC or Altcoin Prices.

Edited by ayatoslaw
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

ETH coin is moving regularly but the USDT is the stable coin and that coin will not overtake the ETH. Stable coin price is always stale but the regular movement coin like the ETH or LTC are moving with the market and now the ETH coin price is 460$.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Maybe because USDT or tether is backed with fiat currency that is why many people choose to collect tether than etherium.  Additionally USDT is quite stable coin and people earned a good profit by using it.

I always think that the smartest thing for us is to diversify, which is why I always trade and invest using different digital assets. The increase in the use of USDT is attributed to the fact that this currency is used to ensure and balance the volatility of the other existing cryptocurrencies. What generally happens in the cryptocurrency market is that when prices fall we use stablecoins to protect ourselves and when they start to rise we use them to acquire other assets.

• +3 1

Always act with conscience and a sense of camaraderie and every time you make a post, stop for a moment and review in detail the posts of other members around you, so that you can give your respective reaction. :classic_wink:

It will be possible. USDT is becoming the most used cryptocurrency in volumes inside exchanges and the crypto with the most growth. I don't have a lot to say against it as some were being against Tether for too long but Tether seems to be able to make it to second place. Nobody was expecting it to reach third and be above XRP either. It did though and it is moving to more growth as there is big demand for Tether.

• +2 1

Usdt will overtake the ethereum in my opinion in coming years. There will be huge pump in Eth in coming days as the Pos staking has been already started and 2.0 launch date has been announced so it will be a challenge as eth price is supposed to increase.

Keep in mind, usdt is Crypto that is backed by US Dollar and they aren't audited properly these days and with such huge money in the supply it has potential risk. Also EU is going to regulate Stable coins and profit on stable coins like, staking will get affected according to the EU decision.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

I researched this topic and watched a video of a well-known analyst on the YouTube platform who has a respectable channel, and he was pessimistic about this crazy rise in the dollar in terms of market value and said that he is swallowing market power and we traders give them Bitcoin while they offer us worthless algorithms which is usdt.

USDT is a stable currency that will not exceed the price of ethereum but USDT is very good since it is a stable currency and everyone when they make a profit or want to sell their cryptocurrencies they sell them for USDT, which makes USDT very popular and  they use it more.

• +2 1

These isn't viable at all, USDT is more of a stable coin with market cp almost staggering at little or no increase compared to Ethereum that's ever increasing with a massive market cap, may be another altcoin but not ether 

Edited by Frodler

USDT is a stable currency used by us to safeguard our Cryptocurrencies but I don't think it will surpass ETH in capitalization because when ETH 2.0 arrives more investors will arrive and its market capitalization will rise even more 

On 10/14/2020 at 6:58 PM, ETheHedgehog said:

do you have an interest in USDT or other stable coins, or prefer trading or holding other giants like BTC?

At the moment, no. I am trying to collect as much as eth as possible. But what comes to marketcap, it's up to the "Tether Limited" company, if they want/need to print them more or not. And if they are able to back those printed tokens up.

On 10/16/2020 at 1:06 PM, tienda said:

I think USDT is the competitor for fiat money, USDT is the bridge between cryptocurrency and fiat money, now people exchange their coin to USDT more than to USD or any other fiat money. Then when they want some fiat exchange their USDT.

USDT value is based on fiat money so it can't be in competition with fiat money. It's basically just one more transfer system for fiat amongst credit/debit cards, bank notes, checks or coins etc.

Only difference being, that it is backed just by one company and that company needs to be huge to be able to back their tokens up because unlike governments, they can't just print more fiat money without backing it up with anything.

• +4 1
  • +5 1

USDT currency has an advantage over some currencies. And you can rely on it in the event of a decline in unstable digital currencies. But it will not withstand eth. Perhaps it has started advancing, but recently the demand for eth has started increasing. Which means that the coming year will turn out to be in its best condition.

• +4 1

Учитесь, учитесь и учитесь на своих ошибках :classic_smile:

I also see the potential of USDT in the market, I know that it have a good value in the future but not to the point that it could reach and take over the value of ETH because ETH has a high value and a good future as well. Do not overrating the USDT to the point that it could reach the Ethereum.

• +3 1

I am also notice this big increase in the Tether cryptocurrency that is increase the market cap with the increase of the USDT in circulation and I am also wonder where it can go. It is possible to be in the second position in the next year as you are say. I am not know if this means something to the market as the Tether is a stable coin and we are not use this to invest but for trade in exchanges.

This is the most likely scenario for USDT although it depends on the price of Ethereum too as ETH has shown strength lately and with prices at $600 and perhaps shooting for higher, Tether may be unable to reach the market cap of Ethereum for next year, but it will keep being increasing.

• +1 1

Dear friend, it is very possible because the usdt currency is a completely stable currency and its price is like the price of the US dollar, but it is presented as an electronic currency, so everyone seeks to buy this very stable currency in order to carry out transactions, but we must not forget that the Ethereum currency is a good currency and has a future, but the usdt is  The most stable, thank you

I don't think if USDT can overtake the marketcap of ethereum. If you check right now the marketcap of USDT which is 19 billion while ethereum is 66 billion. If USDT increase the marketcap and then ethereum will also increase the marketcap so therefore USDT can not overtake ethereum because both will increase the marketcap.

• +1 1

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

I do not think so because it is almost a fixed currency, so it is difficult for it to beat Ethereum because Ethereum has a strong project and a great demand for it in addition to the fact that many are storing Ethereum and not  the  dollar. This is from my point of view and my evaluation of your subject so we will wait and see

Each stage has a suitable currency to hold, currently I prefer to hold Bitcoin because I see it as the strongest asset capable of making huge gains over the next year. I do not think that Tether will outperform Ethereum because Ethereum is also a big giant.

• +3 1

It is a possibility that Tether USDT will be able to grow a lot and become second in market cap. It is already having three times its total volumes trading daily on average and this will only mean that interest in this asset is increasing. Tether keeps printing and is already above twenty billion in USDT in circulation and keeps releasing more.

There is some discussion recently that I think it is important. There will be regulations for stable coins. The only threat for the crypto market right now is USDT and the 20 billion market cap it has. I read about these rumours and because the market is rumours I take some steps accordingly. We don't need to wait for rumours to become news as we are better traders than that. But this is up to anyone and how much risk they are willing to take and how they can profit from this.

• +1 1

It seems to me that stable coins are very useful for trading or just being safe when a market crash is approaching. Although I sincerely prefer volatile coins, I think stable coins are a great help for cryptocurrencies.
Regarding Tether's capitalization, it is already the third most valuable currency in the crypto market and everything points to the fact that next year it will go to ETH if nothing extraordinary happens.

• +3 1