How many wallets would you use? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
arnosk

How many wallets would you use?

8 minutes ago, arnosk said:

Suppose you have a large amount of bitcoin, would you hold it in one wallet or should you divide it to multiple wallets? What is wise to do if you don't want any attraction?

With big companies buying now large amount of bitcoins how are they doing this?

Personally, and that is what I recommend to have our crypto assets more secure and that is to have half of our assets in one wallet and the other half in another to avoid possible losses or hacks that end in the loss of all our assets

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 3
  • +2 3
  • +3 1

I am in favor of using at least three portfolios, it is not good to keep all the savings in one place, also there is no restriction for the use of several portfolios and of course it also depends on the amounts of capital that we manage

• +1 3
  • +2 1

Well I usually use thre wallets I keep my cryptocurrency in player to exchange it and sometimes in trust wallet or in yobit wallet whenever I want them I find them 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • -1 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

If I had a large amount of Bitcoin I would use Ledger, it is the best security in wallets, if I had to invest, the profits would be saved in Exodus, to be able to use them faster, it all depends on what you want to do with your Bitcoins.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

For every coin, there's and equivalent wallets to be used for it for example, you cannot store btc and ltc in the same wallet, you will have to create a wallet for each. Therefore, the number of wallet increases as the number of cryptocurrencies increases also

• +1 1

I have several wallets where I keep my cryptocurrencies, the saying of not "keeping the eggs in a single basket" is very true, but you have to take all the necessary precautions.

"  Since I do not make big investments, I usually use the exchange's own wallet, which is one of the most reliable exchanges. I also have cold wallets, but I have never used them. If one day I will trade with large amounts, of course I would prefer to keep these wallets too."

I use several wallets to store my cryptocurrencies. Like payeer wallet, coinbase, and faucetpay. And they are characterized by ease of use for both beginners and professionals. They also enjoy safety and do not have large fees

• +1 1

If we have a considerable amount of bitcoins, it is best to keep them in a cold wallet, the Ledger can be an excellent option. These types of wallets do not require to be connected to the internet, at the same time they require permits every time a movement of the saved cryptocurrencies is made.

The number of wallets for cryptocurrencies depends on the needs in terms of operations with cryptocurrencies that each person has. If we work with bitcoin, litecoin, etehereum, tron, then we need a wallet for each cryptocurrency and especially the one for ethereum and tron that use the so-called smart contracts. The choice of wallets will depend on the characteristics of the cryptocurrencies with which we work and on the security requirements provided by the different cryptocurrency wallets, some use a private key, and others the 12 recovery words, which is very important to obtain again our original wallet with all our coins.

• +3 1

im using 4 wallets just becaus i need them for different things.  1)I use blockchain.com to storage BTC, it was my first wallet and its still the one with most of my BTC, i feel pretty safe there, also the app is very nice. 2) I use an argentinean wallet to use when a ineed to buy or sell BTC in to AR$ (argentinean peso), it is called argenbtc.com it is also very safe and i move found by bank transfer. 3 Yobit is my favourite for trading and entreteinment, i have nice time doing investments buying yobit tokens playing on the pony races. It is also very very safe. 4) I like the BSV coin and it is not suported in blockchain, argenbtc and in yobit is BCHSV so im not sure if it is the same, so i opened a bittrex wallet to store BSV, Those are my choices, good luck 

• +2 1

I think it would be very wise to just use a cold wallet if you have big amounts of bitcoins, and if you used hot wallets make sure you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• +1 2

On 10/13/2020 at 10:13 PM, arnosk said:

Suppose you have a large amount of bitcoin, would you hold it in one wallet or should you divide it to multiple wallets? What is wise to do if you don't want any attraction?

With big companies buying now large amount of bitcoins how are they doing this?

I would divide it to many wallets which is troublesome task but for my own safety I will do this. Because having huge amount at one place is risky and cannot be save. If my wallet is hacked I lost all my assets and having different wallet is big advantage because I have the security of different companies and no hacked can done to several companies at same time. 

• +2 1
  • +3 3
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

If I had large amounts of Bitcoin I would divide it into several wallets where I had access to the private key, I would leave a small amount in a reliable exchange too

• +3 1

I currently use Atomic wallet on my computer and Trust wallet for my mobile, alternating between those two wallets that seem very secure to me.

• +1 1

I have at least 5 wallets i have registered on many crypo exchanges and also on electronic wallets like perfect money i also use payeer coinbase my eth wallet , I think we need to registered on every wallet they we need to make withdraw fee down for example the withdraw commission for withdraw of usd  on perfect money is only 1 % and other wallets take high commission so we need to take every advantage that possible .

Personally if i had a large amount of bitcoin, i would not hold it in a single wallet because that is risky, but having said that i also would not use the normal wallets that you can download and sign up for, i.e. the software wallets. Instead i would opt for around three hardware wallets for some of the bitcoin that i own and perhaps even a cold wallet for bulk of my bitcoin as these are most likely to be the safest option and it also significantly reduces the risk of being hacked as well or any of the bitcoin being stolen. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

15 hours ago, Maaz sultan said:

I have at least 5 wallets i have registered on many crypo exchanges and also on electronic wallets like perfect money i also use payeer coinbase my eth wallet , I think we need to registered on every wallet they we need to make withdraw fee down for example the withdraw commission for withdraw of usd  on perfect money is only 1 % and other wallets take high commission so we need to take every advantage that possible .

You are right @Maaz sultan.Every wallet has some great feature.Not all wallets are perfect but there single feature can be perfect.Like you mentioned,if we want to make a transaction that will have less fees then we should use perfect money.If we want to do a big transaction then we would use coinbase because it's safe.

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

I use only exodus wallet, because I have been using it for years and it has proven stable and secure to me, I suggest you try it too, as it has little to no fees.

It is always wise to divide your assets into multiple wallets just in case you lose one you will not lose all your assets. It is also best to keep some of your assets that you intend to keep long term in hard wallets like ledger nano to keep it safe from hackers.

• +2 1

This is good question and because I never had a big amount in Bitcoin I never thought about opening many wallets and dividing the funds. This is something that whales will have to think about more than the average users and I think that we are fine with one wallet and one private key.

• +2 1

Exchanges and companies with big crypto holdings are using multi signature wallets and usually one address that is cold storage for safety and another wallet that is online. The danger is with the hot wallet that can be compromised. 

• +2 1