Swapping Bitcoin from paper wallets, how dangerous? - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Swapping Bitcoin from paper wallets, how dangerous?

It s common knowledge that swapping bitcoin from paper wallets is done buy using some online or software wallets. But my concern is I hear if you have 20 BTC when you swap 5 BTC the rest will be lost.

For you guys who use paper wallets like me, is that statement true.

3 minutes ago, Crypto.log said:

Really? Wonder why is it supposed to be all lost when you swap a part of it? 

That is what i was wondering myself, unless they only mean that them your private key will be vulnerable to that wallet you used to swap at.

I have also heard about that so i dont want to do swap now. i suggest you wait for few days and then you may get another news where you may not loss aby btc.

I heard of that risk too, but i tried that many times did not lose the remaining balance, but surely i will not try leaving a bigger balance.

This is another one of those things where you really have to know what you are doing and then it is safe or not. I can rebuilt every one of those concerns through knowledge and care. Paper wallets work just fine for me.If after studying everything, and you are concerned about paper wallets, then by all means use a Trezor or a Ledger wallet.It will be more convenient for you.

simply encrypt everything you want to print and that solves multiple issues including the printer memory, and physical access to the paper containing the keys.

That is not true. So you need to do with the little amounts. If you have 20 BTC in your paper wallet, just start from 1 BTC . I advise you do not go for SWAP. You can choose the trusted exchange sites to make the exchange in the real time exchange rates. 

I haven't tried paper wallets yet and maybe some people have some problems with their paper wallet and I don't think it is true about losing a portion of your currencies while sending.

THINK POSITIVE

I do not think that this has happened in the past. I know a few people that make use of the paper wallet,s and when they request a swap then it is generally only for the amount that they request. It is not like they lose all of the funds in their paper wallet. I would recommend that the first thing that you do is check that the paper wallet that you are using is legit and that it is not part of any scam. This does sound a bit like a scam to me.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

I never use paper wallet at all and i dont really know how we can use it,but i dont think if you swap your bitcoins you will lost some of them it's not normal in general in all wallet 

Paper wallet is not dangerous but swapping is online and hackers are always online, they can hack the wallet during swapping, that is why it is good to make sure that the connection has not malware that can affect it. 

17 minutes ago, Yomose said:

Paper wallet is not dangerous but swapping is online and hackers are always online, they can hack the wallet during swapping, that is why it is good to make sure that the connection has not malware that can affect it. 

Paper wallet is safe, but of course there is a risk when Swapping is because this may be a phishing site and your private key is hijacked, however the paper wallet is not practical and is outdated and the hardware wallet is better and safer.

1 hour ago, Crypto123 said:

Paper wallet is safe, but of course there is a risk when Swapping is because this may be a phishing site and your private key is hijacked, however the paper wallet is not practical and is outdated and the hardware wallet is better and safer.

@Crypto123 The paper wallet is not outdated, but not encouraging right from the beginning, it was only used then to introduce someone to know about cryptocurrencies, people prefer hardware wallet and desktop then while mobile wallet is the new version. 

really ! I never heard about it , infact I didn't used paper Wallet because I think paper wallet is not too much secure wallet , beacuse we need to open this wallet in browser . thanks for giving a disadvantage of usage paper wallet .

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

20 hours ago, gourav789 said:

infact I didn't used paper Wallet because I think paper wallet is not too much secure wallet ,

The wallet is paper encryption, private key is stored offline, it is the safest way to store cryptocurrencies. But, going online can make the paper wallet to be hacked if the device used is infected with malware.