Scammers by phone transport - Page 9 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
SuperCrypto

Scammers by phone transport

This is the sim swap attack you describe and this is how many are getting hacked and it is not only about cryptocurrencies as money from banks is getting stolen this way too, these are scammers using social engineering and stealing the access to mobile phones by acquiring a new sim from the providers. 

• Useful or interesting 1

I have not been exposed to this. This is a scam targeting someone that scammers have collected information about the money he has and the mobile apps this person is using, so most of us will not be attacked by this scammers and we have to give less information to everyone about our crypto and our behaviour.

• +1 1

I haven't got to know if such hacking techniques even do exist, this came as a shock to me. I was still unknown about such issues, now I am aware that hackers can even take control of our mobile sim cards and can reset our passwords and theft our information. Well, I will be enabling 2FA in my social media accounts, so It's always good to one step forward when it comes to securing your private information. Thank you for this informative post, well appreciation for your effort!

• +2 1

On 12/23/2019 at 7:29 PM, SuperCrypto said:

has the phone number in his control, he can begin resetting passwords that rely on two-factor authentication

I am not know any of this and I am very scare today that I am learn. So one that has our new Sim card has also acessed to our applications and emails. Or maybe he reset access with the phone. I am not storing anything on sim card but on the phone memory, is this helping me? Can they have access to application only from the sim card?

• +2 1

On 12/23/2019 at 10:29 PM, SuperCrypto said:

Has any of you been exposed to this kind of fraud?

Thank god I have not been a victim of this sort of fraud @SuperCrypto.It is very very difficult to get rid of this type of scammer attack.For this reason I don't keep all my important data in My phone.I keep it written in my paper notes which can't be hacked by someone.I will now read articles and watch videos on how to save ourselves from this problem.

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

23 minutes ago, Flying11Horse said:

Thank god I have not been a victim of this sort of fraud @SuperCrypto.It is very very difficult to get rid of this type of scammer attack.For this reason I don't keep all my important data in My phone.I keep it written in my paper notes which can't be hacked by someone.I will now read articles and watch videos on how to save ourselves from this problem.

In fact, keeping my important information on paper saved me from losing everything I had in crypto wallets and trading platforms. After I contracted the ransomware it was difficult to access any of the wallets or platforms without my private information which I recorded on paper.

• +2 1

This is a fair warning to everyone. I've never found anything similar to it, I guess it's probably something new to me, especially for those who are just starting out.

I have heard of this attack and it happens often because mobile phone companies do not care and can send a sim to someone else without having proof that it is the same person. In cases as this it should be better to tell their customer to visit a shop and show his identity to be sure not to allow someone else get his hands in our sim cards.

• +1 1

Oh this is true , but the truth is that we need to really be sure of what we are doing in the best effort, the scammers we have in this digital world can get anywhere, and so many times I have been complaining that most of my data just goes poof, and I cannot trace it, and there I was told that my samsung is not original and that there is a back door where people get in through and are taking a lot and making a lot of mistakes 

• +2 2

I've always heard this kind of fraud in the news since your mobile number is connected to your social media accounts and banks, hackers could use it to access your account just like what the owner of the topic said. Also even if you have 2fa they could still hack your account since the code will send to your mobile number. Better to protect your sim cards and other things that could use to gain an access to your account.

Always write your info on the paper becasue no one can hack your info or other things easily. Now in the world hacking is the most common thing and day by day peoples will loss their money or other important documents and they make loss again and again, in crypto must write your things.

• +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Disgusting. Scammers are those who never think about that how much the person is poor and how is he getting money they always grab.

all your personal information in order to use its to penetrate your accounts on exchange platforms, create new addresses when opening the application

• +1 1

Scammers use every thing they use the email system, thy use the telephone and mobile messaging system and they use the online social media system also to make money so be aware from all these things and do not trust any of them.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

What you are describing is the Sim Swap attack which is an increasing problem and we see this happening a lot lately. Scammers do that often but they are getting caught more often as it is higher risk to do that and they can be traced. They even do that with bank apps so it is not a problem only about cryptocurrencies.

• +2 1

I heard about this technique of scammers for the first time.They can start to send you  a message through email or social media. They can motivate to you.You should careful about this matter.

Many people have been complaining about such kind of scammers that get there victim through phone but actually Is not easy for the victim that have been affected, moreover many of us do some mistakes online by registering our mobile number in a site that is not secure and not properly recognize and this scammers are always waiting for a small opportunity to capitalise on so let be vigilant and avoid unnecessary site.

• +2 1

There are many warnings about this kind of hacking attacks and we know about this for many years. The problem is the mobile providers and major networks didn't and as usual big companies don't act quickly to protect their customers and don't care a lot unless it is about regulations and changing them to their favor.

• +3 2

On 12/23/2019 at 1:29 PM, SuperCrypto said:

La telefonía es una de las estafas más populares por las que se defrauda a inversores individuales y especuladores en el campo de la criptografía. Incluye un atacante que invoca al proveedor de servicios telefónicos de destino y utiliza la ingeniería social para acceder a su cuenta. Desde allí, transfieren el número de teléfono de la víctima a la tarjeta SIM que controlan, luego pueden controlar el número de teléfono.
Una vez que el atacante tiene el número de teléfono bajo su control, puede comenzar a restablecer las contraseñas que dependen de la autenticación de dos factores, como el correo electrónico y las cuentas de intercambio de cifrado.
Luchar contra este ataque después de transferir tu número de teléfono es muy difícil, especialmente porque todo puede suceder antes de que te des cuenta.

¿Alguno de ustedes ha estado expuesto a este tipo de fraude?

This gives something of terror, because it is certainly something very delicate and if this happens to someone the panic would be very serious, I for my part always my phone number associated with pataformas is another one that I use regularly, I never link the same numbers because I can fall into traps like the ones you mention.

• +2 1

On 12/23/2019 at 7:29 PM, SuperCrypto said:

It includes an attacker who summons the target phone service provider and uses social engineering to access his account

Just to make this one clear. They contact the mobile service provider, which is the company you are using, and they do that either by calling them or visiting a store. They have all your data. Meaning they either found them somewhere online after you have passed one of the famous KYC and bought them for a dollar, or they found them physically, from a stolen wallet. This is the problem with KYC, you can get targeted very easily by scammers.

And we have these idiots in Europe and other countries to run their shitshow that they call governance and demand KYC.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

No, I have not previously heard of such an attack, I did not understand how my number is transferred to them Do you mean to attack the network that provides communications and steal my number?

• +1 1

Unfortunately, this phenomenon is spreading rapidly, and thousands of innocent people fall victim to it. I watched videos on YouTube showing some Moroccans a scam from a Spanish girl calling them and saying that you can invest with our company, reap free profits and give them the name of the platform on which they will deposit, and unfortunately, you cannot withdraw money from it after depositing.

• +3 1

This is dangerous and there is need for protection of consumers by providers as it is their fault to give the sim to scammers. A big problem that needs to be taken under control because I have read about many thefts with this kind of trick.

I've never been exposed to an attack like this before, but from what I can read from your comment it must be pretty hard to get, I mean it's not something that the average user can get relatively easily. But the conclusion at the end I draw is that we must be careful with the perosnal information we reveal in social networks.