How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds. - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

How to avoid theft, scams, and any other loss of funds.

Generate your private keys in a secure, offline environment

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

Create backups of your private keys

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

Encrypt wallets to provide additional security

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

• Useful or interesting 1

First do not download files from unfamiliar and unverified resources watch carefully so as not to get to phishing sites and preferably wallets and paproli do not store on your PC.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 3
  • +4 1
  • +5 3

By giving a strong and unique password. And give a 2 step login security in your yobit Account.Don't click in any unknown link that you don't have idea.

• +2 1

All what you are mentioned on your topic is good, but also we need to be attentive, when we receive any emails messages or any invitation on the social media, because any scammer can be your friend and then you will confuse between the real and false friends.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +4 2

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

We can use a variety of methods to protect ourselves from spamming, theft and counterfeit projects. I think the first thing to be done to avoid spam, theft and counterfeit projects is not to make money the easy way, because often this enthusiasm brings us such problems. For this reason, we should first eliminate the desire to make money shortly and then take the necessary measures and make our transactions.

• +2 1

My main language is not English, sorry for if i made any mistake when i write a message.

Give me 💙 if my post is helpful

Thank you.

Great tips all-in-all, but I do think this has been already discussed in various topics/threads. Merging your information in other OP could be much better to avoid duplicate posts in the forum.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

for the security of our personal wallet, I think everyone understands. next is, beware of phishing sites because they are very dangerous if we access it because it looks almost similar. then bid by email, just ignore it if you don't want to be fooled, they usually offer a deposit for investment with large and unreasonable returns.

• +1 2

In this situtation many new exchange site are scam.Yesterday i try to withdraw some eth exstoke exchange but i do not got my payment ,after i review bitcointalk forum ,i find it is a scam exchange.But this exchange site already listed coinmarketcap.

• +1 2

With this situation, numerous brand new trade websitess tend to be a rip-off. The other day we attempt to pull away from a few eth exstoke trades however I actually do not really obtain my personal repayment, when I evaluation bitcoin talk discussion board, we discover it's a rip-off trade. However this particular trade website currently detailed coinmarketcap.

Yes, if we want our personal data to be protected, of course we have to make the safest key. Make a password on paper and later if you forget we can see it again, offline wallet is also good to avoid scammers.

17 hours ago, Digicoin said:

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest.

This helps to protect against the loss of your bitcoin due to hard drive failure.

This helps prevent the physical theft of your funds in the event that your device or hardware wallet is stolen. 

we all wish to have a way where we can trade and have our own private keys at the same time but there is now way for us to do this because all exchanges are centrlised and we have to keep our money on it which is why we get scammed and hacked easily.

• +1 1

18 hours ago, Digicoin said:

Yeah it is very important to have a safe copy of your private keys but make sure that your copy is correct because it i the most common case that the private key copy is wrong so they cant recover their wallet.

You need to store private keys, thereby writing on a piece of paper and save it in a safe. Safety first. 

There are somany scammer around us. Their main job is stole our money. We have to think more than 10 times before sending our money to others. We have to check properly they are geniune or not. So we have to be careful.

19 hours ago, Digicoin said:

The points you mentioned in the article is very useful to make the your wallet safe from the hackers. And it will also help if you lost your device of forgot password. But if you want to avoid scam then the only thing that can help you is your experience and your study. Because scammers ask us to send money to them or about our personal information. It you are experienced enough you can definitely make some clue that it is scam of legit. 

• +1 1

Also don't talk deeply to the strangers especially in Crypto world because sometimes when we deeply talk there's a higher chance that this scammers or hackers can trick us. Also be careful in using public computers because sometimes there's a virus or malware that can attack your private data so if you can, use your own clean device.

Edited by Interface User
Correction for words

It is possible to recover lost bitcoins traded or invested, if appropriate measures are taken immediately. All steps should be recorded, as well as a contact list of the Bitcoin wallet address and Investment managers one has traded with when Investing in Bitcoins.

On 12/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Except if using little amounts, in which cases keys may be created in a hot wallet but otherwise offline wallet it better and the safest

The private keys in your wallet are the only way to access the conversion data stored in the Bitcoin address. If you lose these keys, you also lose Bitcoin. You should not share the private key with anyone, regardless of any reason.

There is one simple rule - never share your password with anyone and watch very attentively everything while you are making transactions or surfing on the internet

• +1 2
  • +3 1

Criminals across the country and around the globe – small-time thieves and devious computer hackers – are working around the clock to steal your money and your personal information. There’s nothing you can do to guarantee you won’t get taken, but there are many things – some of them very simple – that can reduce the risk.

1Be more vigilant,

2dont trust anyone especially in online world,

3Be wary of all links and attachments,

4Be skeptical and 

5Guard all your informations.

• +2 1

On 12/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, Digicoin said:

Offline wallets are difficult to purchase for those who have very little amounts of crypto currencies. so who have not enough money in crypto currencies than they should act upon on number 2 and 3 point. Thanks for sharing dude.

• +1 1

I am sick of LOVE and want your click on ❤️.

Well with the offline wallet as you said on your topic it is safe, it is really safe, I agree with the 3 points that you mean is how we protect our wallets from the crime of scammers.

6 hours ago, SuperCrypto said:

The private keys in your wallet are the only way to access the conversion data stored in the Bitcoin address. If you lose these keys, you also lose Bitcoin. You should not share the private key with anyone, regardless of any reason.

this is very dangerous because a lot of people has lost their private keys which means they lost access to their funds and that means there will be less bitcoin in circulation.

Yes you are right your security is in your hands using 2fa in exchanges account is very beneficial and try to save your private key at offline places never save them on your emails or online place and try to avoid spam links