What is a Bitcoin address? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Chrenova

What is a Bitcoin address?

Now, you may be wondering what a Bitcoin address is.

Simply put, a Bitcoin address is a string of numbers and letters that is used as a destination for crypto payments. Each wallet has its own BTC address, which is unique, similar to how you can have an email address to send you emails.

You can use the same address for multiple transactions, or you can generate a unique address for each transaction. Generating a Bitcoin address is easy within the wallet software, and there is usually a one-click button to do it.

And if you were wondering what a Bitcoin address looks like, there are currently three different formats:

Type 1: P2PKH type starting with number 1, such as 1BvBMSEYstWetqTFn5Au4m4GFg7xJaNVN2
Type 2: P2SH type starting with number 3, such as 3J98t1WpEZ73CNmQviecrnyiWrnqRhWNLy
Type 3: Bech32 type starting with bc1, such as bc1qar0srrr7xfkvy5l643lydnw9re59gtzzwf5mdq

Cripto-1-e1597158195563.jpg

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 6
  • +2 5
  • +3 4
  • +4 2
  • +5 5

Bitcoin address ... is the address from which you can receive and send money
Without it, you cannot do anything at home .. In any case, every wallet has its own address

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 2

Thats really helpful and am so thankful you educated me on this one , I did not know at any one point that there are three types of bitcoin adresses , mine starts with I think 18 or something so I think thats type one @Chrenova

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

12 minutes ago, Mike1515 said:

Thats really helpful and am so thankful you educated me on this one , I did not know at any one point that there are three types of bitcoin adresses , mine starts with I think 18 or something so I think thats type one @Chrenova

We are here to help each other, while more of these things exist in the world and you have the knowledge, it deserves to be shared with everyone.

If you want to buy or sell items with Bitcoin, you need to be able to send and receive your funds from a certain location, kind of like sending and receiving mail through a mailbox.

But since we’re talking about sending and receiving Bitcoins -- and not postcards -- the location where you send and receive Bitcoins is actually on the internet and represented by a long series of letters and numbers.

• -5 1

9 hours ago, Chrenova said:

Now, you may be wondering what a Bitcoin address is.

Simply put, a Bitcoin address is a string of numbers and letters that is used as a destination for crypto payments. Each wallet has its own BTC address, which is unique, similar to how you can have an email address to send you emails.

You can use the same address for multiple transactions, or you can generate a unique address for each transaction. Generating a Bitcoin address is easy within the wallet software, and there is usually a one-click button to do it.

And if you were wondering what a Bitcoin address looks like, there are currently three different formats:

Type 1: P2PKH type starting with number 1, such as 1BvBMSEYstWetqTFn5Au4m4GFg7xJaNVN2
Type 2: P2SH type starting with number 3, such as 3J98t1WpEZ73CNmQviecrnyiWrnqRhWNLy
Type 3: Bech32 type starting with bc1, such as bc1qar0srrr7xfkvy5l643lydnw9re59gtzzwf5mdq

Cripto-1-e1597158195563.jpg

Thank you very much for the information, I thought that there was only one type of address I think I have type one, with the subject of the address is that type of code in which your satoshis will be credited or it depends on which wallet you use and the currency that goes to receive.

• +1 1

Bitcoin wallet address is same to other crypto currency address it is a combination of string of letters and numbers just like account number in a traditional banking , where every account has its own different account number thesame applies to wallet address.

Hi friend, this is a knowledgeable question and everyone here has to know its meaning, to understand more about bitcoins. Bitcoin address is a 26-35 characters adress assigned to bitcoins. It contains both alphabets and numerals as its characters. You can do bitcoin transactions using this address. Every wallet has its own address. 

• +1 2

It is the address you use to send and receive bitcoins and you find it in the wallet that you use to store cryptocurrencies.
It is a protected address and cannot be easily hacked, and you should not give it to anyone.

I really had no idea that there were different types of bitcoin addresses. This information has helped me a lot, more and more people are learning something new and this is really fascinating. I hope you continue to share more valuable information in the coming days.

Bitcoin address is a combination of string and letter. It's similar to  cryptocurrency adress.Its contains alphabets and numerals . Also know that bitcoin transactions can be done using this and each wallet will be provided with different addresses. This information was important and thank you making me work on it .

• +2 1

BTC address is the place on the blockchain where your coins are stored, ie. you own the keys of this particulr unique address which could then be stored on varios wallets, paper wallet which is most secured, then hardware wallet as Trezor, or web wallet or Hot centralised exchange wallet which is least secure as in exchange you dont own the keys, hence your funds are not n your hands, therefore use exchange wallet only for trading and then immediatelly move your funds to your secured personal wallet.

Bitcoin address is the address by which one can receive and send money.It is very necessary thing.without it one won’t be able to send and reeveive money.The security of the address is very high.None can't hack it

Thank you for such an interesting and informative post. You have expanded not only my horizons, but also many other people.

When the merchant creates a new wallet, an address for the wallet is automatically created, and this address is an abbreviation of a group of numbers and letters combined randomly with each other. Currencies can be sent to other wallets by knowing this general address of the Bitcoin wallet of the other party as to how to deal with this address and send The money is with it, the matter is very simple, so all you have to do is specify the amount to be sent, then paste the address of the sender to your God and make sure the address is correct, then send the amount directly to the recipient with deduction of some small fees
Due to the difficulty of memorizing addresses, some people prefer barcodes to get rid of cumbersome writing obstacles and to beware of entering a wrong number.
The barcode is a one-dimensional code consisting of a group of numbers and long lines of different thicknesses to be placed on the goods

• +2 3

Thank you for this valuable piece of information. I had no idea what Bitcoin address was. Since we are more actively involved in treating with coins it is highly necessary that the users know the concept behind Bitcoin address. I see that Bitcoins have Bitcoin address because they have limited in quantity and hence in order to make secure transactions Bitcoin address can be implemented.

• +2 1

The currency address is present in all currencies, not just Bitcoin, and there is an address for each platform or wallet, and we can rely on it in order to send and receive money.

• +4 1

Hello my friend and thank you for this information .. These addresses are called public keys and there are inside them the private keys of each person and it is preferable to keep them in paper form to protect them from thieves and hackers as they cannot penetrate the papers

The Bitcoin wallet address consists of a unique series of letters and numbers that are created on the network using Blockchain technology, which gives one address for each wallet that cannot be duplicated or the address of a wallet is similar to the address of another wallet, and the two wallet addresses are the public key of the wallet to which you can send funds.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

The reason there are three address formats is the protocol that each format follows
- P2PKH Bitcoin addresses begin with number 1.
- P2SH allows asking via script hash which are addresses starting with number 3.
- Bech32 is called a native segwit address format, and it starts with bc1.

• +3 2

Yes, thank you for publishing this topic in the world of cryptocurrencies. When trying to send or receive money, your address is asked for. The only difference between banks and wallets are banks that rely on serial numbers for a bank card or email, while we find cryptocurrencies have a special character called address, so be careful And make sure well before sending your money so as not to lose it.

I was also confused for the first time but now I know about it. The information about bitcoin address is very important to make transactions and withdrawals

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day