What if someone lost his Bitcoin wallet? - Page 16 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
SuperCrypto

What if someone lost his Bitcoin wallet?

it has been happening since bitcoin has started to grow but it is not btc's fault it was only users fault who just don't care about 12 words secret key wich is very important to secure and restore your wallet in any case.

At the time of registration you will get 12 phrase and that yiu should store and write  it out..In case of losing your wallet this could be usefull to recover your pockets..

On 12/22/2019 at 12:54 PM, SuperCrypto said:

A question arises in my mind that if a person lost his Bitcoin wallet, he would not be able to return it again, so how much Bitcoin was lost for this reason, and it cannot be used again. Given that this currency lacks any tangible physical presence, unlike other monetary currencies that are controlled by banking banking institutions, bitcoin is not controlled by specific persons or entities other than its users.
If lost, it can never be recovered, as if it had been burned, right?

If you completely lose your seed or privatekey, you can consider the wallet been burned, yes. This is why you have to keep private key safe. Some people are storing their hardware ledgers in bank vaults and i must say that's pretty good idea.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:05 PM, MuhammadSh said:

he can restore his account from its keys.. so that everyone have to save these keys in a safe place and more than one place! i prefer using a flash disk and a paper!

I always prefer people here to use papers and flash memory to save their keys not just on laptop or phones.

If someone just delete the app then it can be accessed again.but if you tottaly loose it then i don't think there is another way to get it back

I personally lost 2 wallets, there was something about $ 500 on them. If you have lost the key to enter, then you can say goodbye to your money. Now there is no way to restore the login key.Be careful next time.

• +1 1

23 minutes ago, RONI10 said:
If you lose a device with Bitcoin stored on a hard drive, there is currently no way to restore it unless you manage to find it again. If a device has been destroyed (e.g. thrown into a landfill), sadly it's impossible to get it back.

image.png

That is why you must make sure your important files are synchronized to onedrive.

If anyone loses his Bitcoin wallet.  Then I would say that he can get back here again by starting the activities in different ways.  That person and there are so many good ones you can use.  The best wallet here is that Coinbase Wallet.

If hacker hack his wallet he will loose his  cryptocurreny. But he loose  due to some others reason he can recover it with providing all the security conditions

it's better to send message to the sepport team they will defenitifly respond to your problem specially the famous wallets because it's a huge problem related to real money

13 hours ago, rekter said:

If you completely lose your seed or privatekey, you can consider the wallet been burned, yes. This is why you have to keep private key safe. Some people are storing their hardware ledgers in bank vaults and i must say that's pretty good idea.

Assuming you use a desktop program to store Bitcoin, there should be an option to back up your wallet. Again, the instructions will vary depending on your customer. With these features, the public and private key to the wallet will be saved to a file.

I think it is impossible to recover a bitcoin wallet, as well as get it back when it is lost, it is difficult to do this and it is almost impossible, which is why it is necessary to be careful.

Yes this is a very interesting question that if a btc wallet lost than funds will be also lost. Supply of bitcoin is already very less only 21 million. but it is a rare case that one have lost his btc.

If we lost bitcoin wallet it will be recover by using private key, password. And after recovery we can access bitcoin wallet.It's very important to know recovery process.

If you will lost your bitcoin address then yo have lost your coins. But how come you lost a bitcoin wallet? You just have to login to your wallet site or app and you will saw your wallet there!

Time is the ultimate weapon!

There is a chance to recover his wallet if he has the Private phrases which is a total of 12 word phrase with a chronological   that he needs to put in  the recover window. As the block chain and crypt is all about Public and Private key phrases. So, it's good to save your private keys in secure and safe place.

The best answer for that is the coin will never be recovered unless he wrote everything in a sheet of paper. every single details like passwords and private keys. if someone found that out later he can recover it for himself.

Bitcoin is digitally running its hard to detect the lost wallet. In my perspective if you forgot the password or keys everything of your efforts will gone.

Bitcoin is digitally running its hard to detect the lost wallet. In my perspective if you forgot the password or keys everything of your efforts will gone.

It depends. In some wallets, your coins are gone. In some, you can use seed phrase to recover it back. 

All lost bitcoin wallet have chances to be retrieved. I like hardware wallets for this reason. 

I suggest having 2 computers sharing some parts of the same wallet. The first should be disconnected from any network. It is the only one that contains the entire portfolio and can sign transactions. The second computer is connected to the Internet and contains a monitored wallet that can only create unsigned transactions. This way, you can issue new secured transactions.

It is preferable to enter the Internet in public places through your phone data packages, which can be difficult to reach hackers to penetrate your phone and steal your wallet because if you lose your currencies it is very difficult to retrieve them.

One of the most popular messages for that is those that start with phrases such as free profit or big profit awaiting you and this is usually the goal of stealing your digital currencies with a process called phishing and if your currencies are lost do not recover them.

The digital currency portfolio must be protected by not downloading untrusted programs, so do not download untrusted malware, as there are some programs that hackers manufacture and that contain malicious viruses.

You should not tell anyone about your private information, as most hacking attempts today are just exploitation of personal knowledge and relationships, so it is necessary to keep secrets, do not tell anyone about the keys to your crypto wallet.

According to a study, there are approximately 4 million Bitcoin units, BTC considered lost and irrecoverable, and there are approximately 2 million Bitcoin units stolen. Unfortunately lost bitcoin is lost forever.