Things to consider before choosing a wallet - Page 10 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

Things to consider before choosing a wallet

Some aspects to consider for the choice of wallets for the protection of cryptoactives, is firstly security, reputation, a high range of cryptos for their protection, good support and that the user interface is easy to use, for this we can find the cold wallets as they are the safest for these issues as to mention some Ledger Nano.

• Useful or interesting 1

What I have seen best to consider before choosing a wallet are two things, the first which is very important is security, any wallet I am using should have 100% security, the second is how easy to access, if not complicated and complex to access, I like it. 

Thank you very much for your great publication, dear colleague of this great forum, I find it very successful And of great interest to most beginners, especially to choose a wallet, I find it a very interesting topic
Big winnings for the whole community
And a big greeting

Yeah we should thinking before choosing a wallet because we should choose a wallet for our experience and depends of the use.

When I wanted to download a good wallet to use, I asked from a friend, and I also searched online, I look for wallet that have good reputations, and I saw coinbase, electrum, Exodus and mycelium. For now, I am using coinbase. 

There are many wallets that people occasionally choose that others offer but without knowing whether it is the right one or the most secure one gives a lot of that information and the main thing we should keep in mind about wallet selectionIt is important to know the security system and the security of the wallets we use to choose the wallet that is most suitable for us

On 10/16/2020 at 3:29 AM, Anthony Gutierrez said:

Market, reliability, trend, low commission, valuation by users, are key points to make a decision when choosing a wallet

How about security and safety which suppose to come in the first place. The second is to be easy of access and use. While the third is trading volume, the forth to be countries the exchange is supporting. 

• +1 1

Yep, but I don't think that there are wallet out there that have all of those features and considerations. You still have to choose what do you want to prioritize. Just like for example, you really wanted to have a tight security, then a hardware wallet is the one for you.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

12 hours ago, Viscount said:

Yep, but I don't think that there are wallet out there that have all of those features and considerations. You still have to choose what do you want to prioritize. Just like for example, you really wanted to have a tight security, then a hardware wallet is the one for you.

That is true, for tight security hardware wallet is good, but you can also make use of paper wallet if holding is what you wanted. But if for convenience, then hardware wallet is good but still have tight security by not connecting online. 

One should use a wallet with best security and trust worthiness.

Because due to increasing bussines in btc many scam wallets are present.

Wallet should be like as easy to use  for token maintainance and  less fees. 

• +1 1

On 11/4/2020 at 9:42 AM, Gord Crypto said:

All transactions with the Ledger Nano S require manual input of a 4 digit PIN code. So, this Bitcoin Wallet can be the safest, both from malware attacks and other types of hacking.

I think it is 8 digits pin, 4 will not even be advisable, the longer the pin the better the security. Also know that you can set a passphrase so that anytime you want to spend, it will ask you if the pass phrase. 

On 11/4/2020 at 9:53 AM, Gord Crypto said:

There is also the Electrum Android app which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store for Android Smartphones and Tablets.
This software wallet is limited to Bitcoin only, but for security and user convenience issues it is still a priority.

Better download it from electrum official website and check the signature. 

My money is stolen by someone.  I think security is the main key of any wallet. If money is secure then you feel relax.

Before selecting the wallets you should verify some basic knowledge about that wallet like 

1. Security features 

2. Supported team 

3. Transaction fees

4. Check rating and comments of people's.

Factors like security and fee matters a lot while selecting wallets . The risk of keeping our assets which have low security is always risky and if the fee are also high , then our earnings will get deducted a lot and also the wallets with low reputation can walk away with our money anytime.

Well, we have so many good wallet out there and this are some of them I make use of, coinomi is a very good wallet which was created for mobile device only, I think that was done in order to bring good security for the wallet.
I have never heard of any hack carried out in the wallet and might never hear of an hack because the wallet is fully decentralized and don't need a central database to store the details of users since no details is collected, you call also make use of hardware wallet to store you coin offline especially for long term purpose.

I always check, reputation as well it's security level while I plan to join a New Wallet , but I never used any new wallet because there is higher chance that we got scammed there . for better security I used coinbase as well blockchain wallet for longtime .

• +3 1

what I look for in a wallet is that it offers me the private keys, then I see its functionality and its security I believe that they are the main characteristics to decide for a wallet 

• +2 1

The first thing is that I find out their reputation, I look at reviews on the internet and information channels. Another very important factor is the price of the fees. I use 3 wallets, everything depends on the cryptocurrency with which I am working.

• +1 1

On 1/19/2020 at 2:34 PM, Crypto_trader said:

Very informative post i use mew wallet is save and secure

wallet since the main reason you are using one is to hold your funds. I think hardware wallets are the best when it comes to security but for convenience sake then online wallets are preferable. The post is very informative and greatly helps beginners like me in making an informed choice.

•  

On 1/15/2020 at 8:36 AM, Zervanix said:

all of the things you mentioned should indeed be the main reason you use one type of wallet, because now there are many cryptocurrency wallet providers so you have to research before using the wallet

You should only use a wallet provider if you plan to convert your coins to fiat and vice versa, But for storage its better to use hardware wallet or run electrum wallet for storage or better yet use paper wallet for offline storage.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:43 PM, Apple said:

If you intend to stay long in this industry you better buy Trezor or other hardware wallets. Only this type of wallet offers convenience and a high level of security.

The type is also important. A lot of newbies just using any wallet, they need to see which wallet is the most popular, then they should make a good evaluation on the wallet.

On 11/9/2020 at 3:47 PM, Dany5 said:

t important tips that we should keep them in our minds and remember them before choosing any wallet, especially two things wich are the support team and the security level, these are the important, and fees too, thanks for reminding us with these advices, good topic here

You are wrong, fee is not the matter if you use a noncustodial wallet, the fee can vary because of mempool congestion fluctuation, not the wallet that cause the fee to be high or low, the fee are only charged by miners, not the wallet. 

For me i consider a good from worst or best online and even offline (hardware) wallet based on which currencies they provide, if they are secure in such a way there's no easy step towards hacking account attempt.

Also Community feedback is important, does it have a good community support, contacts, phones any other ways for me to talk with the staff if i need some assistance.

Nontheless the best should always be if the exchange is actually active and has good trading volumes so that there are funds for my currencies deposit / withdrawals.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

yes,

when i choosing any wallet first i thing what security provide this wallet safe or not.when i choosing the wallet i thing that is easy to use any problem when i face later.