Things to consider before choosing a wallet - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

Things to consider before choosing a wallet

The type of wallet you want

This factor comes down to personal preference. For example, if security is your number one priority, then, hardware wallets should be in your mind. But if you want a convenient access your coins, a mobile or web wallet may be your preferred choice.

Ease of use

Sending, receiving and storing cryptocurrency can be complicated and confusing, particularly for beginners. Your wallet should suit your tech knowledge and crypto experience. While crypto novices might focus on finding a wallet that’s simple to set up and use, experienced holders might look for advanced features, like an in-wallet exchange and multisignature transactions.

Security features

Find out what security features the wallet includes, such as two-factor authentication and multisig functionality. Will your private key be stored online or offline? Has the wallet ever suffered security breaches?
Other features. Does your wallet include the ability to exchange among currencies in your wallet or provide easy access to live fiat exchange rates or other market information.

What level of community trust does the wallet have? Check out independent online reviews to gauge how other users rate the wallet and whether they’d recommend it.

Supported cryptocurrencies.

Are you looking for a wallet that stores just one crypto, like bitcoin, or are you in the market for a multicurrency wallet? Make sure the wallet you choose is compatible with the cryptocurrencies you need to store, and remember that some coins and tokens can only be held in an official wallet.

The team behind the wallet

See what you can find about how long the company’s been in business. What qualifications do they have? Are they continually working to upgrade and improve the wallet?

Costs

While most crypto wallets are free, choosing a hardware wallet means parting with some cash. Consider the price and shipping costs when making your decision. Some wallets also charge a fee for every transaction you make.

• Useful or interesting 4

You have very good post, this explanation are complete. So far I only use MEW and Scatter to support my activity but when I choose wallet only see from function, can I receive payment and send it from wallet as primary question. I learn more from your post, thank you so much.

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

2 minutes ago, Digicoin said:

I do not really understand you. What are you trying to tell us. Can you please explain in detail?

I don't get him also. Thanks for the tips. I have followed you because you are one of the English speakers. What wallet did you use personally?

• Useful or interesting 1

<Bitcoin> 33UiM7HjYSH9ZuCfdQiRKmWNJdGhLx444W

4 minutes ago, Digicoin said:

Do you want me to recommend you a wallet?

Ok, I will use your choice of wallets mentioned. Yes, please, what is your recommendation? Maybe I will consider to use it.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

Mainly I consider the security first then I will see how coins supported . mainly the reputation of that wallet must be needed and any new wallet need to be authorized by others.

Useful Information

I appreciate you that you give the more powerful information and this information solve the various problem in choosing the crypto wallet i read this information word by word and I give honor that you provide the basic knowledge about how to chose the crypto wallet and remove all the problems.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 12/21/2019 at 8:39 PM, Digicoin said:

Sending, receiving and storing cryptocurrency can be complicated and confusing, particularly for beginners. Your wallet should suit your tech knowledge and crypto experience. While crypto novices might focus on finding a wallet that’s simple to set up and use, experienced holders might look for advanced features, like an in-wallet exchange and multisignature transactions. It is the company that earns and develops the intelligence of all people and it is such a job.

• +1 1

On 12/21/2019 at 10:39 PM, Digicoin said:

The type of wallet you want

This factor comes down to personal preference. For example, if security is your number one priority, then, hardware wallets should be in your mind. But if you want a convenient access your coins, a mobile or web wallet may be your preferred choice.

Ease of use

Sending, receiving and storing cryptocurrency can be complicated and confusing, particularly for beginners. Your wallet should suit your tech knowledge and crypto experience. While crypto novices might focus on finding a wallet that’s simple to set up and use, experienced holders might look for advanced features, like an in-wallet exchange and multisignature transactions.

Security features

Find out what security features the wallet includes, such as two-factor authentication and multisig functionality. Will your private key be stored online or offline? Has the wallet ever suffered security breaches?
Other features. Does your wallet include the ability to exchange among currencies in your wallet or provide easy access to live fiat exchange rates or other market information.

What level of community trust does the wallet have? Check out independent online reviews to gauge how other users rate the wallet and whether they’d recommend it.

Supported cryptocurrencies.

Are you looking for a wallet that stores just one crypto, like bitcoin, or are you in the market for a multicurrency wallet? Make sure the wallet you choose is compatible with the cryptocurrencies you need to store, and remember that some coins and tokens can only be held in an official wallet.

The team behind the wallet

See what you can find about how long the company’s been in business. What qualifications do they have? Are they continually working to upgrade and improve the wallet?

Costs

While most crypto wallets are free, choosing a hardware wallet means parting with some cash. Consider the price and shipping costs when making your decision. Some wallets also charge a fee for every transaction you make.

All of what you have listed is correct. It will help users to choose the right wallet to store their coins. I hope that many users will see you topic. 

• +1 1

Take into account how long the business has operated, how safe the data is stored on their servers, who has your private keys, who is confident, or whether they have previous incidents of insider theft and cryptocurrency losses due to inadequate data management procedures or snapshot tools.

• +1 1

We can choose very popular and secure crypto wallet . Good decentralized crypto wallect and accept all tokens . Low transaction fees having crypto wallect . We can use only decentralized crypto wallets.

• +1 1

yea i think reputation of the wallet will determine how many people will be using it because nowadays we have so many scam wallets with fake team behind it

Wallets come two a dime these days. The first decentralized web browser with integrated blockchain node. It includes Netbox.Wallet, which is credited with rewards for the active usage of the browser .For example, the user of the

Netbox.Wallet can exchange Netbox.Coins to Bitcoins or USD.

It is possible to replenish the fiat accounts both using a payment card and by direct

bank transfer to the Netbox.Wallet account.

c. Exchange and trading transactions

Within the Netbox.Wallet, it is possible to conduct exchange and trading

transactions between all the supported cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies.

An exchange transaction is conducted using the current system rate for this

currency pair. Exchange transactions are performed in the shortest possible time, with the main delay determined by the transaction rate in the corresponding blockchain. https://netbox.global/

IMG_20191213_142334.jpg

• +1 1

37 minutes ago, tony13 said:

My freind i think we should go to google and browse about trustworthy wallet that you can store your various crypto currencies and go to play store or app store and check if the wallet has a good reviews. 

Yes Trust wallet is the best one for your ethereum token and a multiple famous Coin we can find all security layer and low fees it's easy to use with the application and more and more

There are many wallets in the online world, some of them are wallet real and some are spam.Before choosing a wallet, you must know the security of the wallet and get a good idea about whether the wallet is trustworthy.

• +1 1

Until now I only used MW and Scatter to support my activities but when I look at the wallet just from function, can I get paid and send it from Moneybag as the primary question?  Thank you very much

10 hours ago, Zahra001 said:

mainly I do not forget the safety first then i will see how cash supported . specially the recognition of that pockets ought to be needed and any new pockets want to be authorized by using others.

It's all about the security if the Wallet have a good reputation and secure then we can go ahead, it's the first fact that i search about because it's your money and you need to put them in a safe place

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 12/24/2019 at 8:09 AM, Digicoin said:

As I have said. Electrum wallet is a very good wallet, it is also offline if you do not connect your laptop online. But, beware of malware. 

I will suggest you Ledger Nano X if you want a safe wallet but it is expensive but the latest. You can even use it on iOS and Android device and it supports all coin. But ledger Nano S is not bad at all too if you want go for less expensive hardware wallet.

I am planning to buy a hardware wallet. Maybe a ledger nano. Do you have one? How you verify the wallet is not being compromised?

10 hours ago, Bololo said:

We need to consider first the security if tgat wallet of which you are right the security means a lot because you can have rest of mind with the wallet if we'll secured

Yes that's it the security is very important in any wallet ti have your mind with you and be sure your money is safe

12 hours ago, Bololo said:

We need to consider first the security if tgat wallet of which you are right the security means a lot because you can have rest of mind with the wallet if we'll secured

There are many fake wallet in the market now. so security must be checked first before choosing any wallet. also the user interface should be checked.

• +1 1

Every should read this threads before choosing wallet for keeping crypto.You can follow this things to find real,safe and very trusted wallet

• +1 1

Normally i consider popularity and users reviews, also i make sure to download the official app from the official website so i do not get cheated.

9 hours ago, Matchblower said:

Security should be considered first before any pother factors, without security your money is at stake

Security is the first thing that i search about it if i can choose any wallet read some reviews and comments about any problems issue to be sur for reputation,and then go ahead

• +2 2
  • +3 1

4 hours ago, Khan King said:

The security is undoubtedly the first thing everyone need to consider before chosing a wallet because if a wallet is not secure then it is not a wallet

Yes true agree with you at all if there is no security there is no wallet so be careful to secure your wallet

• +5 1