What are some risks of trading cryptocurrencies? - Page 4 - Off Topic - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Fabián Sevillano

What are some risks of trading cryptocurrencies?

Don't put all your money in one cryptocurrency. "Risk diversification" is one of the fundamentals of investing. Distribute funds across several promising currencies that are NOT directly linked.

Critical risk of crypto currencies is to loose all your earnings at bitcoin ,from there you know how to trade on crypto currencies.

The biggest risk is losing everything and it is more common than you think, especially in enthusiasts and beginners who believe that they will make money easily and quickly, without understanding that trading is some study. : /

There are many risks in simply following a certain trend. When a coin or token is hailed and you blindly start buying it en masse. There is also the risk that an exchange can be hacked from time to time. If it is a smaller exchange, you will likely lose your portfolio. That happened to me with Cryptopia and it still annoys me to this day.

В данный момент времени с стабильностью цены криптовалют возникают проблемы, но закрепится в ценовой категории возможно, стоит подобрать правильную валюту.

The main danger is that you should be eager to lose what you contribute on the grounds that its absolutely impossible of knowing 100% that you will exploit a cash so you should explore the undertaking of a money a long time before putting resources into it

• +1 1

The most commun risk is to lose all your investment. The second one is to lose your data, exchanges might sell your data. Third risk is the authorities of your country to come directly to your house because you buyed crypto and didn't declared it. They can give you huge bills for that so take care of where you give your personal informations. And never meet in real life someone you've met into cryptocurrencies, people can do many things for money...

• +1 1

6 hours ago, mehmetdalkiran0 said:

The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative, and it is important that you understand the risks before you start traiding. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.

I will not completely disagree with you my friend but I would like you to know that, volatility of Crypto currencies has been the same reason for the profitability of Crypto system and which places it above the fiat currency.

• +5 1

7 hours ago, Fabián Sevillano said:

Los riesgos de operar con criptomonedas están relacionados principalmente con la volatilidad del mercado de criptomonedas, lo cual representa un alto riesgo, es importante que entendamos los riesgos antes de iniciar una inversión en criptomonedas. Todos los activos financieros conllevan un alto riesgo, ya sea mediante el uso de apalancamiento, la susceptibilidad a los ciberataques y errores, las técnicas comerciales poco éticas o la volatilidad del mercado objetivo.

I think that the greatest risk that exists is to bet on cryptocurrencies that can attract your attention because of how little known it can be and because of the low price it can have. That is very tempting and attractive for many expert and inexperienced investors and what commonly happens is that we can lose our money if that project fails and falls in price.
Despite being redundant in my answer, the greatest risk of trading crypto is that each trader or each investor has to be willing to understand and accept that there is a latent risk on the internet that we can lose our cryptocurrencies, either because we burn the available balance of our portfolio, because we can get scammed and especially in trading issues because there are many malicious people and businesses that try to deceive you.
Finally, a very important risk is ignorance because if you allocate all capital to trade in a single currency you can lose everything, the ideal is to diversify the operations and always have an alternative that you gain to balance the possible losses you may have.

• +1 1
  • +5 1

The risks when trading are a lot, risk management is in fact one of the most important points when trading, for example, if you operate leveraged, the calculations must be done very well so that the operation does not close due to lack of funds or It is liquidated because the margin is very small, not operating under the emotions or chasing bullish candles is another of the most common risks that is falling into the traps of the market and the very novices go with the flow and soon lose their money for not having correctly analyzed the market

• +1 1
  • +5 1

Yes you right one of the risk to invest in bitcoin is the volatility, for example you can invest 1000 usd, when bitcoin price is on 10,800 usd, but if the bitcoin down to 7,000 usd, this mean that your invested will lost more than 30% of the original capital however if you have some altcoin that you bought this can reduce much more. So you need to know what to do in case of the market is down. The volatility always will affect you. 

• +2 1

One of the risks is the totality, the other is the instability of the price and finally the lack of knowledge of it, since every day this is being renewed and changing strategy.

Many risks in cryptocurrencies but i see a lot of people losing their money when they transfer their coins to a wrong address. You can't recover cryptocurrencies transactions and that is the biggest risk that i see.

• +2 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

One of the greatest risks of operating cryptocurrencies is precisely the lack of knowledge, the lack of training, it is a very volatile universe and requires constant training and learning to be able to operate more safely

Cryptocurrencies trading are dangerous. Most of cryptocurrencies dont have regulation. So they can go lower and lower or higher and higher. They have no limits. While you trading, you should use stop positions for dont lose extreme money.

• +2 1

I think that the risks may be as follows, if you lose some amount, then novice traders start thinking how to return immediately and begin to follow their emotions and make even more mistakes

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Well, one of the main risks of operating in cryptocurrencies may be that at any time they could be devalued and this could generate losses, perhaps not total but considerable.

The truth is, if there are risks in cryptocurrencies, since it is a very volatile market, with that I mean that one day a cryptocurrency can value a lot and another can go too low to what you invested, so it is good to invest in cryptocurrencies that are up to date. rise or remain stable in the market, with them you can generate large profits.

• +1 2

I can say that if you don't have enough knowledge about how to trade well so you may lose all your money in a while! and the experienced traders know what i am talking about.. trading is risky any way.. but if you learn and have enough experiences so trading will be really profitable for you! the volatility is the nature of cryptocurrencies market so we should really be aware and understand how it works well..

• +2 2

The worst risk of operating with crypto-currencies is to lose everything you have invested due to inexperience. When we are inexperienced in an area, we run the risk of losing everything, that is why, before doing something, we must seek advice. 

• +2 1

One of the worst mistakes that I relate from experience is not knowing how to manage and give quality time to the moments that I dedicate to cryptocurrencies, in one option I transferred eth to a wallet that I had already uninstalled from my cell phone, when reinstalling it it asked me for the Seed phrase to restore my funds, but I had lost it.

In short, when it comes to trading cryptocurrencies, you don't need to be in the market 24 hours a day, but the time you dedicate, do it seriously without distractions, respecting your investment plan without emotions or disorder playing a bad game!