Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins ? - Page 4 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Maxtron73

Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins ?

Mine was not an exchange but my ether wallet. I mistakenly subscribed for a scam airdrop and the scammers used my details to hack into my wallet and stole my coins. It was one devastating period I will not forget in an hurry. Please let just be careful when releasing our details to any site.

No I am not loss my money in any exchanger. I am using yobit exchanger for trading. This exchanger is very popular. Most of the people used this exchanger

On 12/20/2019 at 8:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

Hi friends just curious if someone in this forum has had the unfortunate event of being hacked on some exchange where you had your coins saved? It is very awful for an investor to deal with something like this but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

I haven't experienced this kind of situation as I am not into trading yet and once I have assets in any exchange I always withdraw it as soon as I have the chance so I can avoid this kind of scenario. 

And what's worst is the situation that your account will be frozen because of some adjustments to the rules and regulations to the exchange. This was happened recently to the users of localbitcoin exchange and I hope that there will be no funds that were lost. 

Edited by MysteriousIdentity

8 minutes ago, membtes said:

Yes, my wallet has as of now been hacked and all my cash stolen And it happened not since the location was not secure but the reason was I enlisted on a few venture websites with the same data as my portfolio This made them get my watchword and enter my wallet easily Because I didn't do the 2fa and ip variable highlight and this involvement instructed me a parcel and i'm upbeat with that

You  mistake is

1 = not activating 2FA

2 = maybe you visit website phising

3 = you save your asset on online wallet.

Correct me If I'am wrong.

Your wallet will be hacked and emptied, do not send your address to anyone and do not publish your email on the Internet. This often happens when dealing with someone you don't know

Yes, I have. And it's a very bitter experience. Have you ever heard about binance hacked accident? Well, I'm one of the victims, but binance is doing a good deed by covering the losses using their own or personal inside funds. So far that's only that time that the exchange I'm using has been hacked. When the hacked accident happened on cryptopia, I only have a small assets in there, but still it's a great amount and enough to cover my monthly expenses. 

No i haven't been hacked yet and i believe that prevention is much better than cure. I use strong passwords everywhere and use verified wallets to store my crypto coins. 

Actually yes, but it wasn't a big deal for me, because someone hacked my myetherwallet and steal from me my tokens, but after months I remembered these tokens and I checked their prices in the market and their price still not satisfied, so I didn't think about them a lot 

no, I have never had a problem with hacking even big money like bitcoin or even the smallest coin, they are safe to stay with me. The problem at the forefront is not the wallet but the CAUTION of oneself

Yeah ,have been hacked few times . lost coins ,and after few times again invest few money buyed few more coins and after few months selled all the coins and after selling when transfering the money didn't received the money and then i know that am again been hacked .

Well, I didn't face this kind of incident because of I was not store my crypto in exchange it's not a good idea there a huge possibility to hacked or scammed your crypto. So, it's better to always store crypto in your wallet which I always do.

I don't even pray for that, that is why we need to do good examination before investing your fund to an exchange with low security facilities.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

Hi friends just curious if someone in this forum has had the unfortunate event of being hacked on some exchange where you had your coins saved? It is very awful for an investor to deal with something like this but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

Thanks to God i dont have ever experience like that, the major point i keep in mind that we should use limited and most trusted and secured platforms for trading and storing crypros 

On 12/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

Thanks to God i dont have ever experience like that, the major point i keep in mind that we should use limited and most trusted and secured platforms for trading and storing crypros 

No, this never happened personally, but one of the platforms on which I was putting my balance was hacked and fortunately I was not putting in a lot of money.

I lost many times just because of exchanges as they disappear very quickly without any prior notice and then never came back now last time I lost through cryptophia so now never going to trust any exchange because most of times the hacks happening just because of insiders or owners doing scams like we have cryptophia and MTGox these are very terrible.

No, I haven't experience being hacked in exchanging. I had my trusted online wallet that is secured and I don't use one wallet only. I being careful too in website that need personal information, opening spam messages and ads that suddenly pop up. 

no I've never get hacked and i hope it wont happen but some of my friends lost their money in cryptopia exchange.i think if we use legit wallet and save our private key safe and use trusted exchanges hackers wont be able to stole our founds.

Yes once I have face this problem.. I was deposited some coins for trading. But some scammers hacked my money. Tlas a result I have lost everything.

I have never faced with the hack on exchange🤥 Do you guys remember TradeSatoshi? This exchange has been DDOS attacked by the several hacker groups and now they are shutting down their exchange service.

yes once during 2018 but since then havent experienced such thing especially from big platform like yobit its not easier to be hacked your assets there also its very important lo set two factor authenticator in order to be safe with your asset

1 hour ago, Alomoni21 said:

I lost my currency in cryptopia because I was trading cryptopia and my funds are on cryptopia on Ethereum Bitcoin and many more cryptos. That's it. Thank you

So you are one of the victims of the cryptopia hack, so sorry to hear that, but i heard they paid on other currencies but ethereum.

At the moment, I immobile did not enclose a hack, for the reason that for the most part of the time I save from harm my wallet, as to cut a long story short as devices, to forestall browsing unsafe websites and by third-party software.