Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins ? - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Maxtron73

Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins ?

Luckily that has never happened to me and I hope it will never happen. That's exactly why I never keep my coins on exchanges. I just deposit, make the trade I have to and then withdraw it

Never happened with me. But I can feel the pain of so many members who lost their precious coins because of exchange getting hacked. 

No this is not happen to me that hacker hack my coin exchange and I wish it never happen with me as well as any body else and it is one of the worst nightmare for every crypto investor, trader and who hold crypto for long time.

In Uphold some time ago they accessed the email database and offered a promotion with a BTC address where many sent some Bitcoins and were deceived.

Fortunale, although I received the emails, I was not deceived and Uphold quickly regained control.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

On 12/20/2019 at 6:11 PM, Maxtron73 said:

Hi friends just curious if someone in this forum has had the unfortunate event of being hacked on some exchange where you had your coins saved? It is very awful for an investor to deal with something like this but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

I have never faced this problem. Two things I want to say just work on big exchanges they create more security due to high volume of trades. Second never keep your coins on any exchange for long time. Generally exchanges are more safe than wallets. 

Until now I have never experienced anything like this and hopefully it will not happen at all in the future. The point is to choose an exchange place that has a good and trusted reputation.

Thankfully, it does not happen to me and hoping that it will never happen to me because it is the most terrible thing that can happen to anyone.

1 hour ago, Alex122 said:

That's the best way to protect you and your own coins from being hacked, make sure to choose a good and trusted exchanged with a good reputation. The risk is much lower to be hacked there 

Yes of course, the more famous and have a good reputation where we store our coins, the smaller the risk of losing coins due to irresponsible hackers.

On 12/20/2019 at 1:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

Hi friends just curious if someone in this forum has had the unfortunate event of being hacked on some exchange where you had your coins saved? It is very awful for an investor to deal with something like this but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

you mean the exchange directly was hacked, or just someone hacked you account in that exchange because they are 2 different things.

the first you can't do anything since was a security problem from the exchange

for the second one, is your fault because you did not take the right precautions like strong paswword and 2FA

anyway i did not lost anything on exchange from hackers,

i lost only for bad trades 🤣

On 12/20/2019 at 1:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

I did not have such a problem, but exchange where I had/have coins was hacked (Cryptopia).

And about this problem which you talking about, I think that is users mistake/fault not exchange.

Because you have many options to secure your account like confirmation with email code or 2fa code etc.

It's up to you to turn on that options not to exchange, you must to secure account.

For example I dont know any exchange which dont have 2fa authentication code and that is main option to secure your account. Can you share some exchange which dont have that option?

And one more thing, you must to pay attention on which website you sign in because there are many "fake" exchange which are created just because of scamming, it's important to pay attention on domain too because they can not use same email like exchange. Like which you can see "fake" Yobit twitter profils you must to pay attention which name write official Yobit twitter profit are @YobitExchange,

NOT @YobitEexchange NOT @YoubitExchange etc. Pay attention.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

On 12/21/2019 at 2:49 PM, CryptoJony said:

Yeah it's happened with me. I've lost almost half of my total funds from cryptopia exchange. It was hacked by hacker.

Ouch. And you wonder why Cryptopia is still in the process of liquidation. Maybe they don't have any assets to liquidate which will be bad news for the staff.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

I'm never been hacked from any platform either wallet or into the exchanges, because I'm very carefully in making the security of my accounts

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

20 hours ago, gmjutt6 said:

Yes I also didn't face this problem yet and I hope I will never face it but nothing is impossible but I think it will never happened.

For this reason I think is very important to choose a best website exchange with good security.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

Till the time i joined cryptotalk i regularly use yobit exchange as a safe and well protected wallet and i do all the transactions of my coins with it and till now i haven't faced any such problems of hacking and scaming because i do smart activities. 

No i have never been hacked or scammed as i can recognise frauds also my bitcoin wallet is very secured,its hard to crack it.

never faced any type of hacking on exchange or wallet.i use the reputed exchange sites for holding coins.also very common wallet with better security,there is only one rule i follow that not to share anything more then the address of wallet

1 hour ago, Silvinator said:

No. I have been fortunate to always be in exchange that has not caused me problems and I have not really lost my coins. It is also because I have always worked with exchange that are quite reliable like Binance, Yobit and bittrex that were already popular in the market.

you are a lucky one because i have been on cryptopia and they got hacked and i lost a lot of my money on that hack and till now i didnt get any penny back.

11 minutes ago, Bijoy970 said:

No I haven't face any problem like this. Because I always use yobit exchanger. It is very much safe and secured.  Their security system is very good.

That is good, don't pray to face any of thiS because it is not funny.

38 minutes ago, Rifat123 said:

I think lot of members face this problem, on doing their small mistakes they listing their assets so we must take to care about security.Because I always use yobit exchanger. It is very much safe and secured.  Their security system is very good.

I don't think they do. Most of them are using Electrum or some other offline wallet that does not leave your money on the internet. And by the way, Yobit's security system is not different from other exchanges' security.

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

No, this has happened to me.. When you will have a trustful wallet/ exchange i hope all your crypto coins will be secure all the time.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

Actually I am hold my coin in a wallet. Because I think then my all coin is safe. I think coinbase wallet is the best for hold cryptocurrency

For me i haven't got hacked until now , but i have listened some cases in which exchange got hacked not only small exchange big exchange like binance was also hacked so we must be aware where we are storing our coins

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,