Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins ? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Maxtron73

Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins ?

Hi friends just curious if someone in this forum has had the unfortunate event of being hacked on some exchange where you had your coins saved? It is very awful for an investor to deal with something like this but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

• Useful or interesting 8
  • +1 7
  • +2 4
  • +3 4
  • +4 1

Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins? My answer to your question NO. But I m not sure that websites exchanges pretend to hack they users, hackers comes out; so hackers hack websites exchange, so you are hacked from hackers and no from websites exchanges.

• +3 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

This is a major issue of small exchanges that they have not enough security measures to avoid hacking. such as cryptopia hack. A huge loss have been bear by users.

14 hours ago, Maxtron73 said:

Hi friends just curious if someone in this forum has had the unfortunate event of being hacked on some exchange where you had your coins saved? It is very awful for an investor to deal with something like this but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

Please do make first a search using the search feature in the forum, because most likely, you had a duplicate post already asking this generic, common question.

• +1 1

yeah, on my early days on crypto I was really unaware of all the scammers and hackers that were lurking around. I got my wallet mugged and had about .3 BTC drained from the exchange I was using back then. This was back in 2104, but now I cant seem to remember the name of the exchange, but it was a known one from the east which the owner was arrested and the exchange shut down. AFter that I had a lot of cryptos on cryptsy but the exchange shutt down saying it was hacked; an episode pretty much like MTGOX. I have learned my lesson, so now I don't have a lot of cryptos hanging around on excahnges and I don't use an exchange without having the 2fa enabled.

Edited by Anarkos

As of now, i didn't being get hacked or being scammed because i assured that my coins are secured by yobit and also the coins.ph, this two wallets are totally safe in terms of putting some coins because they will assure you that your coins are in the good hands.

36 minutes ago, xpertt said:

Thankfully, it is not happened to me and hoping that it will never happen to me because for it is the most terrible thing that can happen to me because this is the only way I am earning my money.

well then as someone who has been a victim of cryptopia hack i would tell you to never keep your coins on an exchange because any exchange could be hacked and you will lose all your money with it.

I have never been hacked and I think it is safe and I am always alert because evil is always lurking at us and will take the opportunity whenever he wants and therefore we must install security to protect our coins.

20 hours ago, Maxtron73 said:

I have couple of times Balo such. Not Tosh the was hacking and simply crypto exchange has closed (disappeared). My assets are with these two exchanges. Not a lot of assets, but it's sad

I never get hack from the exchange, but I almost deposit to the exchange which is cryptopia.. I'm planning to deposit my coins there to trade, but suddenly the exchange was closed, so I found out the exchange was hacked.

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

i have loss my coin in cryptopia  because i am trading on cryptopia and my funds are in cryptpia in ethereum bitcoin and many other crypto .Cryptopia says that we will audit and  send funds to User but after one year still did not get anything.

In January 2018 I lost about 2000$ in coinsmarket com exchange scamming.

After 1 year I lost over 500$ for cryptopia nz exchange hacking. 

This year we already seen many exchange hacking, binance fund stolen, upbit exchange hack and many more.

That's why now I hold my coin in hardware wallets.         

yes but not personally, the exchange site is the one hacked, ut I suffered the consequences, Good thing is I was not holding Ether so I got paid, it was cryptopia.

Yes, my wallet has already been hacked and all my money stolen
And it happened not because the site was not secure but the reason was
I registered on some investment websites with the same information as my portfolio
This made them get my password and enter my wallet easily
Because I didn't do the 2fa and ip variable feature and this experience taught me a lot and i'm happy with that

• Useful or interesting 1

Life is great and enjoy it

Well, I told him about my friend, he spent hacking on my friend's wallet in 2017, when he received an email and he replied to him for what he made, he lost all of his assets. well you really are a small exchange does not have high priority security.

This is annoying that we trust on exchanges and transfer our funds on exchanges and they scammed with people or they hacked .but is result we lose our funds.i have also lose my money in Cryptopia exchange.

I have never done this because I am taking the necessary precautions and measures to protect my accounts from being hacked or stolen

THINK POSITIVE

no naver happened with me because of i using only popular exchanges you keep safe with your self exchange hacking without your mistake maybe not possible 

Edited by Soaib khan
spaling mistake
  • +1 1

I have never encountered this problem, because I am quite careful with my account and I secure them very carefully. If this happens badly

Most trusted exchanges care for theor customers as long as they benefit from it. Haven't experienced it but most fake websites offering it surely does baited some of us and their money was stolen. 

I've never put a coin that has been one of the exchanges, and I will never get my money from my many hardships, all day long.

No, but I would like to be given some tips on how to prevent such things from happening to me because all the scammers can come across you at any time. So can some one volunteer and give me some tips o. How to stop them?

• Useful or interesting 1

I have never experienced that .In my opinion apart from exchange security, users must also be careful because most hack cases are due to negligence of exchange users not from the exchange security system.😅

YOUengine-cryptotalk.png.2ca158a48ed925f2af8f14fc1863c423.png

I have very bad history of hacks and scams in past now feeling very bad and sticking with my own system mean own wallets and not keeping coins or tokens on exchanges or any site as first of all I lost some good amount on Cryptsy and then Mintpal and Cryptorush now last is Cryptophia there is nothing secure on any exchange just keep in your own wallet and live safe otherwise you will regret like me with empty hands.