Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins ? - Page 6 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Maxtron73

Have you ever been hacked from an exchange where you were holding coins ?

No I have just started in the platform and I have not invested a single penny so there is no chance that I have been fooled.  But I am quite careful after listening to my friends story who have been fooled.

For now, I nevertheless didn't revel in hacking because most of the time i'm securing my pockets and additionally devices to avoid surfing on hazardous web sites and the use of third-birthday celebration software program.

I have not been hacked in cryptocurrencies, but there are many friends in the forum who have told us about their experience and advised us how to guard against hacking.

Have never been hacked before and never heard any of my friends been hacked before also but I took some preventive measures incase if this should happen one day. I never store all my coin on one exchange site or even on one wallet, I share them into different places to avoid losing all.

On 12/20/2019 at 2:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

Hi friends just curious if someone in this forum has had the unfortunate event of being hacked on some exchange where you had your coins saved? It is very awful for an investor to deal with something like this but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

Hopefully no. I have been using Binance before and I haven't lost any of my coins before. Now I am on Yobit platform and I haven't faced any problems like that.

I haven't faced the hacking issue up to now and I hope it won't happen because earning and investing coin is very difficult. Even there are a lot of preventive measure to control from hacking like never download unverified files and you shouldn't hold your coin in smaller exchanges.

Luckily, I'm lucky so far!  but I have many friends who were on some new exchange and invested money there!  the project was promising, and it seemed that it was far from being a hoax.  that is, he could be trusted!  but it was hacked, and left without funds, and now the site administration is in a panic, they do not know what to do, very sorry; (((

I have not experienced this hack before, because I choose reliable sites to conduct exchanges. As for new and untrusted sites, I never access them nor do I try them even.

No, I have never experienced a case of been hacked or similar to it, first you to be investigative in Crypto world, search and verify any sites or links and apps you tend to used for performing any given task and make sure you are satisfied with their legitimacy, transparent and their security before to start using them.

Do this investigation to always be safe and secured to avoid loosing your coins

I had coins in and exchange that was hacked and eventually shut down because of this (cryptopia) and never recovered them. Even if I do right now they probably won't worth much so I written these off. 

Still I never had my account hacked and while I don't wish this to happen, still the hackers won't find much to get from me.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

Hi friends just curious if someone in this forum has had the unfortunate event of being hacked on some exchange where you had your coins saved? It is very awful for an investor to deal with something like this but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

I am using Google two factor authenticator so it will be nearly impossible for my account to get hacked so I am going to recommend all of you to use it so that we can prevent the hackers to make a bad move.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:21 AM, tienda said:

For this reason I think is very important to choose a best website exchange with good security.

Very gratefully I have never been hacked, and I hope I won’t experience that in the future it is really hard to earn money and lost it or just hacked by other people out there. But we need to be careful with this.

Fortunately I was not hacked from any exchange platform, where I hold cryptocurrencies and I am happy about it, but we must always remain careful and take the utmost protection against the hackers who are waiting for any opportunity to steal our money

I think that this field in particular the field of cryptocurrencies must and the people that deal with it and that manage projects based on the idea of cryptocurrencies I think that safety and privacy should be in the first place because exposure to hacking or sabotaging data can completely fail the project and lead to great losses

• +2 1

Once I got caught on a Scam exchange and transferred there about 0.001 BTC, and all because I did not believe the domain with the official one.

Fortunately, this has not happened yet. In order to prevent such an outcome of events, I advise you to use all methods of wallet protection (2FA, confirmation of entry by SMS, etc.). And also do not keep coins on suspicious exchanges, check the links you follow. For it is not a rare case that scammers copy everything from the exchange, and pass off their site as a real one, but upon entering your account goes into their hands. Be careful, good luck!

• +1 1

On 12/21/2019 at 5:01 AM, Wijayafajar06 said:

I have never been hacked and I think it is safe and I am always alert because evil is always lurking at us and will take the opportunity whenever he wants and therefore we must install security to protect our coins.

I also haven't been compromised yet because I make sure to use good security measures. I always have 2factor authentication enabled if I am using an online wallet and with hardware wallet I make sure my private key is safe.

On 12/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

but unfortunately some smaller exchanges don't have high priority security.  

Thankfully I didn't got hacked @Maxtron73,as you said it is very awful to get hacked so to prevent this I don't  store lot of amounts in small exchanges .I withdraw my money to safe wallets like Paypal from those small exchanges  and when I want to buy some coins on an exchange I transfer my money to the exchange from my Paypal account.

🥰 DO GOOD AND HAVE GOOD🥰

NEVER DEMOLARIZE A JUNIOR MEMBER  

😎

I am glad that this has never happened to me. I don't keep large amount of my crypto assets in an exchange. I withdraw them as soon as possible to my personal electronic wallet. After that I don't have to worry about a thing because my crypto assets are safe and secure far from the reach of hackers.

BitCNY giving away 1500$ worth of tokens

Bot Link: https://t.me/BitCnyBot?start=r03654319640

Ends/Withdrawal: 15 January

Yes it happens with me. I store my 200$ of crypto currency at extstock exchange and letter this exchange scam with me and stop withdrawals and take out users money. 

• +2 1

On 12/20/2019 at 2:41 PM, Maxtron73 said:

Bruh listen to what you said again. If we get hacked it is our problem and not the exchange fault. If the exchange gets hacked and the hackers steal the money from their users account only then it is the exchange fault. You have made both of these different events one. You don't understand a lot about how things work, you need to read more.

It never happened to me, but I have heard that when they are hacked on some of the most used platforms, they have a backup capital to be able to respond with that capital if any of their users or the platform itself are hacked. I think we should only keep our coins in Exchange that have backup capital in those cases. Those who eat you are binance and yobit, which are the safest and if something like this happens to them, they have the capital to respond in case you have any problem with these. Also keep in mind that these platforms are very safe.

No, not hacked, but I had NOVAEXCHANGE's Bitcoin Cash wallet for four months in maintenance with half Bitcoin Cash deposited, it was incredible, on top of that it was when the fall began after the 2017 pump, it was terrible to see the price fall every day and not to be able to withdraw or trade my currency, I lost a lot of money with that