How to make old people understand Bitcoin? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Vousy

How to make old people understand Bitcoin?

Currently, i don´t think that there is a great need to reach the old people with bitcoin or cryptos. The one that should be informed about it are us, and IF we can make profit from it, help the old people if it is in our hands. Crypto world has a lot of complex situations and concepts. Maybe some apps would be fine for old people that involve crypto as a payment method but not at all.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • -5 1
  • +1 4
  • +2 5
  • +3 1
  • +4 2
  • +5 2

It is something a bit difficult, not only with the elderly, but also with people who are far from the digital age, and much more when you tell them that you do not always make a profit, that makes them doubt and not want to ask about the topic.

• Useful or interesting 5
  • +1 3
  • +2 2
  • +4 1

its not easy, on my experience first i tried to solve all their questions cause most of them learn about bitcoin on common news (tv, radio, etc) so thats the main reason for be insecure about cryptos, then show them why could be very safe using cryptos and the unsafe part too (fiat and crypto could be unsafe, lets be equals), but always with basic and common words and just basic learning i mean wallets, top cryptos, and functionality if they want to know more its a process but step by step.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 4
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

I have had that experience of teaching people not so great but 45 years old who were interested and every so often they asked me what that was, and well what they asked me the most was "mining" bitcoin,

Bitcoin "mining" induces one to think about extracting coins from the ground. But Bitcoin is not a physical thing, so why do we call it mining?

Because it is similar to gold mining in that cryptocurrencies exist in the design of the protocol (just like gold exists underground), but has yet to be brought to light (just like gold hasn't been dug up).

• +1 6
  • +2 2
  • +5 1

The way I try to explain Bitcoin to the elderly is like a type of digital gold, a store of value that is 1000x more usable and transparent then tradition FIAT currencies.

• +1 2
  • +2 2

Start investing with the highest paying platforms offered on Cryptologic.com

Find and follow us on social media to stay informed via Linktree.com
Affiliate link of the month: Automate your trading with Quadency.com

Well, the truth is, I don't think that older people have the need to handle bitcoins, my friend, what if we should make sure that our relatives know about it, but older people do not think they urgently need this, the world of cryptocurrencies is quite extensive and we ourselves need to learn more about this so we need to continue learning ourselves and then teach our families to do it and thus share our wisdom with our loved ones and of course here in the cryptotalk community through this great and wonderful forum .

• +1 4
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

That is a very complicated issue since it is necessary to change the paradigm of how they see money and the economy since what they know is only real money and that it bases its value on assets such as gold and silver, and trying to teach them that value is based on technology and blockchain and people's feelings and trust is a difficult issue and even more so when it comes to buying and selling services, all through a cell phone or a computer

That is a very complicated issue since it is necessary to change the paradigm of how they see money and the economy since what they know is only real money and that it bases its value on assets such as gold and silver, and trying to teach them that value is based on technology and blockchain and people's feelings and trust is a difficult issue and even more so when it comes to buying and selling services, all through a cell phone or a computer

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

How do we help or how to make the elderly know cryptocurrency There are several ways to make the elderly work in Bitcoin and all other kinds of electronic currencies. Through teaching and training them in currency trading, we make them ready for that

• +1 4

Greetings friend this topic is quite interesting.

I could suggest that to make an older person understand you must first see the issues as they see it in complete mistrust.

Bitcoin is a modern digital currency, this currency was not seen in the times when the elderly had access to a currency so it must be shown that this currency is like a paper but digitally and how would it be done?

It is easy to show a withdrawal or sale of bitcoin for local currency and tell the Bitcoin is like the Dollar or Euro, only that digitally and through this currency we can also get a local currency on paper.

so they can see that bitcoin is real like any currency

• +1 3

Haha, Seniors must prove that they love payments in order to make sure of the reliability of Bitcoin because they always believe in the tangible, and this is of course difficult to believe

• +1 3

Suggest you make use of available tools like videos that can be found in youtube or in some platforms, trigger their interest first then they may be more willing to learn about cryptocurrencies.

• +1 1

Hello friend, at the beginning, this is a wonderful job from you to help the elderly and make them feel that they are still an active part of society .. Of course there is no proven way to make the elderly understand Bitcoin and this depends on his awareness and the extent of his general culture .. as I have explained Bitcoin to my grandfather from He is 70 years old, but he was a teacher, so his culture is high. I explained it to him based on the rules of economics of paper currency, so he was able to understand what I am talking about

It is as in the early era of Internet or computers that at the beggining only few nerds understood this technology by after some time it goes mainstream an also old people in order to survive this digital era have to earn new skills and the same is with crypto we all have to tech each other in order to help all people to survive the new millenium

• +1 1
  • +5 1

On 10/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, Vousy said:

I'm looking for the easiest way to make old people understand Bitcoin more thoroughly. I want to let the elderly know about the "Bitcoin revolution", yet I find it quite challenging to explain it to them in a way they can understand how it all works. There are some wallets that have a "user-friendly" interface, but even the basics of sending/receiving Bitcoin can have a steep learning curve for the older people. A Bitcoin wallet with built-in accessibility features, could help even elder people with vision or hearing problems to use the pioneer cryptocurrency in their daily lives.

If you happen to know of a way to make old people understand Bitcoin easily, please let me know. Any suggestions or recommendations will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

When wallets become as easy to use as a normal application, either as messaging applications such as WhatsApp, for example, older people will understand it well, not completely but it will be easier to explain in the near future.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

Nothing is actually impossible in this world now. But surely it will take a good amount of time. Because the old people are used to trade or invest in flat currencies. But I am trying my best to make my family member a crypto lover. It's a time sufficient thing but this will surely work I guess. So I think that if anyone try to teach others they can. They shouldn't be giving up at any cost. 

• +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Sure old people can learn about Bitcoin, it is so different than traditional coins but they can do it only they need someone to explain them.

• +1 2

Hello! For me, a good way to show the world of cryptocurrencies to the elderly is to do it with very intuitive applications, that their use is very easy to explain, so they would take the time to learn how to use them.

• +1 1

Perreo hasta el suelo, Y el autoestima hasta el cielo!

Barack Obama 2010.

Yes, the coding world is the future, and all age groups should learn it, so you must explain in simple and understandable ways and give it the videos for more understanding.

• +1 1

Beacon is a good coin. More profit can be made with less investment. The benefits of Bitcoin need to be explained in terms of Bitcoin. He has to explain how much time he has to work with

• +1 1

First, I liked the idea of your interest in the elderly and trying to teach them something new and useful to them .. a good job.
I think the idea is not to teach the elderly about Bitcoin, but do they really want the elderly to learn about these currencies?
I think the easiest way is to first know whether they are willing to understand and absorb this new technology, or not?
Secondly, who wants to know, does he want a general idea of the subject in order to understand what this new thing is, or does he really want to deal with these cryptocurrencies and use them?
I think answering these questions makes Bitcoin teaching to seniors a lot easier.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

This is a beautiful recommendation. Most elderly people would be apprehensive when they hear about Bitcoins and other digital currencies cause it is entirely out of their worldly perceptions. Simply redefining the concept behind cryptocurrency so that they would be able to better understand the concept would enable them to to become more accustomed to these cryptocurrency so that they could also involve in its trading.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Old person Bitcoin is very easy to understand.  If we can explain about Bitcoin.  Then they can also make a lot of money.  Because the old person has a lot of time in their hands.  There is no work so it is a good time for them to earn bitcoin

• +1 2

Simple explanations that are not initially complex but to peek their interest to push them to learn are going to be your best ally when it comes to teaching them anything depending on their age and willingness to take you seriously and listen to you properly of course the best way to teach them is to show them results and them use that to incite them to learn on their own at least that's what I did to older folk in my own family but that's a long story but what matters here is that you are well versed into what you are trying to learn so you know how to explain it to them.

• +2 2
  • +5 1

It's not easy to convince old people or any other person about how bitcoins or crypto currency works but we can try our best I know there are old people who are intelligent and will understand something even surpassing these other youngsters who are still doubting or calling crypto currency scam out of ignorance or because of a bad experience they had when they tried it without much knowledge.

• +1 2
  • +4 1