What is spread? - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Loly

What is spread?

Spread is the difference between the bid (sell) and the ask (buy) price of a particular currency pair. In any trade, the value of the currency pair will need to cross the spread before it becomes profitable.

In a currency pair with a wider spread, the currency will need to make more movement in order for the trade to be profitable.

This means that trading on a low spread is often a priority for traders, as their trades can become profitable faster, which means they can make a large number of smaller trades, rather than relying on large trades to make money.

Spread is the difference between Buying and selling price. spread is fee of the broker for his services. Different brokers charge different spreads for different currencies. 

You are right, in a currency pair exchange rate will happen often up and down, but how it is constantly evolving is really important,
Money must be constantly exchanged to succeed

yes, you are right. many expert trader take this opportunity to make a huge profit but the new bies need to be skilled first then they can try this spread anylisis trading.

On 12/18/2019 at 12:57 AM, Loly said:

Spread is the difference between the bid (sell) and the ask (buy) price of a particular currency pair. In any trade, the value of the currency pair will need to cross the spread before it becomes profitable.

In a currency pair with a wider spread, the currency will need to make more movement in order for the trade to be profitable.

This means that trading on a low spread is often a priority for traders, as their trades can become profitable faster, which means they can make a large number of smaller trades, rather than relying on large trades to make money.

yea i remember as a newbie trading on poloniex and then moving to bittrex i have seen spread but i didnt know whats it good for until i realized it can help you to pick a trade.

3 hours ago, Loly said:

There are supposed to be some fundamental differences that are thought of. These spreads include higher liquidity, more volatility and greater leverage, as well as lower commissions and trading costs. 

higher liquidity is exactly what we need in a coin to make profits but the volatility actually depends on the movement of the coin alongside bitcoin fluctuations.

On 12/18/2019 at 4:57 AM, Loly said:

So what to do after reading the spread? I mean when is the right moment to buy? Please give an example.

Spread trade The gap in between a short position of one's future contract or currency and the long position in buying.

In terms of buying and selling, our price should be less than buying, that is, we all want to make some profit in the sale.  In that case, if the price is higher then it will be much worse.  Because you buy with 100 rupees but sell 50 rupees it actually becomes a much lower price.  We also need these issues for trading.

Spread is the company tax like if we buy or sell any coin or going to trade on any coin and some fee will detect from our money or coins this is called spread and this will go to the company direct. Companies will earn money through this directly and make money in it, this is called spread.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

spread I think it works when you see that simultaneously doing the same thing we are going to follow the person that is the spread, thereby making the traders' signs of spread and influence Good or bad to market

Thank you for sharing this, I just ran into the problem of unfamiliarity with these notations. It would not be bad if you continued to write articles on the same topics, I believe that many newcomers need this! I will be glad to read your new articles.

Spread good but when there is a change in spread, for traders who have opened positions at the beginning, of course this is not a problem because the effect is not too large, except if you are in a loss position, then the swelling of this spread its very painfull too

On 1/5/2020 at 12:21 PM, Yanadia said:

Spread good but when there is a change in spread, for traders who have opened positions at the beginning, of course this is not a problem because the effect is not too large, except if you are in a loss position, then the swelling of this spread its very painfull too

When you diverse your portfolio you should be aware of every coins you are investing since loss and gain will be coming from every direction and there is a high chance to lose your money if you don't monitor the market properly.

• Useful or interesting 1

Spread is the difference between the bid price or selling price and the ask price or the buying price. For example EUR/USD =1.2500/1.2503 the spread is 0.0003 or 3 pips also known as point.

6 hours ago, Balegi said:

Spread is the difference between the bid price or selling price and the ask price or the buying price. For example EUR/USD =1.2500/1.2503 the spread is 0.0003 or 3 pips also known as point.

Well done . The spread is calculated by the difference between the purchase price and the selling price in points or pip (Pip). In the money market, a pip is usually the last decimal place in the exchange rate.

35 minutes ago, armor said:

Spread is needed in the market just to make profits, if there is no spread then you won't get profits

Understanding the role of spreads and how to calculate exchange rates is one of the most important steps for understanding the wide differences between currency pairs in the foreign exchange market, and it is also important to get the best exchange rate to conduct currency exchange or to enter the market by making various deals.

3 hours ago, armor said:

Spread is easy to calculate and it is not confusing, one has to get the best exchange for doing it.

Spreads are calculated by the difference between the purchase price and the selling price in points. On the stock exchange, the spread is the difference between the bid price and the bid price for securities or bonds. The spread can be fixed or variable and proportional to the size of your deal.

A spread can have several meanings in finance ,Basically ,they all refers to the difference between two prices,rates or yields, common definition - the spread is a gap between the bid and the ask prices of a security or assets,like a stock ,bond or commodity.

Yes, I rely on my business on yobit on the big difference between buying and selling that happens in cheap currencies and take advantage of this loophole to achieve some success in the deals that I make

On 12/17/2019 at 9:57 PM, Loly said:

Hi brothers! for my experience on trading, the spread is the difference between the buying and selling! It is the broker fee! This spread not a same for differents trading plateform!

This was important things when we want to trade some new and low liquidity coin or token since they big gap from bid and order In addition, this is also one of the factors for choosing an exchange that is used because it is certainly a good or bad determinan an exchange.

4 hours ago, Loly said:

The spread is fixed or variable and proportional to the size of your position. When variable, it varies with market volatility. What affects the spread is the liquidity of the currency, trading volume and market conditions.

Spreads may vary depending on market conditions: they are usually higher when the news is published and most brokers cannot guarantee it during the period of that news and the high volatility that accompanies it.

6 hours ago, Loly said:

The spread is fixed or variable and proportional to the size of your position. When variable, it varies with market volatility. What affects the spread is the liquidity of the currency, trading volume and market conditions.

I heard there are two types of fixed and mobile spreads. Do you know which one is better and how it is possible to benefit from the two types, is the fixed difference better or the mobile difference.