Can bitcoin survive without altcoins? - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
BillyEllish

Can bitcoin survive without altcoins?

How about if we change the question to be "can bitcoin survive without altcoins?". I assume it can survive, but it will be a little hard to achieve its goals to change the world. Let's discuss it..  😍

Edited by BillyEllish

BTC would survive without the alts, but I am not sure about global adoption, because BTC is aiming to become the store of value, and there are alts that are aiming to become everyday money... BTC has been tested and it is uncapable in it's current state to go much further (block size, transaction cost and speed, etc)

But there is one other side to it, as the alts are bringing blockchain into our daily lives, not just on money, but in everything else... so it is a joint evolution, BTC was the first to open the door, but now I think we should think about it as a crypto market and not just 1 coin

bitcoin can survive without altcoin for sure ! bitcoin has a great market where it help to stand alone 

Good Luck

Happy Trading !  

In the world of marketing, all goods need competitive  products. No exception with Bitcoin, need altcoins as competitive goods so that it will attract many people to use it

Of course it can. For many years bitcoin was the only coin. If any of those alts disappear now bitcoin will still function just as good. Maybe the on-chain network will become a bit slower but now we have ways to onboard people to the lightning network without using the on-chain network.

On 5/10/2019 at 15.13, BillyEllish said:

Bagaimana jika kita mengubah pertanyaan menjadi "bisakah bitcoin bertahan tanpa altcoin?". Saya menganggap itu bisa bertahan, tetapi akan sedikit sulit untuk mencapai tujuannya untuk mengubah dunia. Mari kita bahas ..   😍

bitcoin can stand alone without the need for altcoin, maybe the price will be much higher and price changes will be even wilder if without altcoin, like the market law with fewer competitors, the value will be higher, maybe the player will also be reduced if without altcoin, because altcoin makes a lot of people interested in crypto

On 10/5/2019 at 9:13 AM, BillyEllish said:

How about if we change the question to be "can bitcoin survive without altcoins?".

Well competition is good. 

The straight anwer to this is - Yes it can but that will not be hearlty. Altcoins are good but the problem is that there are so many that 99.99% are valueless.

I think bitcoin can exist without altcoins but without altcoins, the price of bitcoin cannot go up as high as it is now. Thanks to altcoins, the price of bitcoin has increased as much as it is now.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:13 AM, BillyEllish said:

How about if we change the question to be "can bitcoin survive without altcoins?". I assume it can survive, but it will be a little hard to achieve its goals to change the world. Let's discuss it..  😍

I dont clean understand this question but, which is first made? Bitcoin.

And which coin have more value than Bitcoin?

There was discussion about would ETH can compares with BTC, and my opinion is that no way.

What to tell you about other altcoins when I can't comapres ETH which is great coin but Bitcoin is special to himself and I think and without altcoins that Bitcoin will be here and to be used. But of course it's necessary time to become global.

yobit_logo.png.7ce6c90eb02ab009752998fdcd25cf91.png

Just now, nguyennhahn said:

My opinion Bitcoin is not centralized, no one can decide that not even the developers. Bitcoin is slow, sometimes too much slow and it can High at anytime.

I have the same opinion as you.

I believe it can survive without altcoins, Bitcoin is an independent crypto asset. But it will be boring if crypto markets don’t exists and Bitcoin will be traded like stocks but I doubt it will gain a higher dominance because of the regulated stock market.

I think its the over way around , altcoins wont survive without BTC at least not soon and with BTC you can always fork it and make every version u want of it 😃

On 05.10.2019 at 11:13, BillyEllish said:

Bitcoin can survive without altcoins.
But I don't think that this will ever happen in the future.
If a new currency replaces the cryptocurrency, then Bitcoin won't remain.

Sell/Buy music, sound fx, video footage, photos, vector images and more
for projects, movies and any commercial purposes

https://www.motionelements.com

when we talk about crypto everyone will recognize bitcoin, in my opinion bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrency, as parents certainly need a successor, and altcoin is the successor of crypto to be widely known by the public.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

Bitcoin dominates the market, and is the king of cryptocurrencies. So, are altcoins destined to die? Definitely not. The altcoins will continue to exist and grow, undoubtedly. It's just that their highly experimental nature makes them very risky assets. So, it is understandable that big capital flows first to Bitcoin, which is an asset considered a little safer. Anyway, the variety of options and this diversity is good for the system, and it benefits everyone. Will all altcoins survive then? No, most of them will surely not exist in the next ten years. However, only time will determine which of them will be.

Bitcoin will survive even there is no alternative coins, though the price will never get even for a hundred dollar.

The movement of the coin (BTC) is depending on the demand of the people and that demands grow when alts arrive.

Do we use BTC on our daily basis? how the movement of this BTC will be if there is no ICO or exchange market?

On 10/6/2019 at 10:18 AM, Minh158 said:

Without altcoin. BTC will be like USDT, a coin will not be able to rise to high or low, it will stabilize the price and of course the volume will be very low.

That's not true. There weren't any altcoins in the first years of bitcoin and bitcoin wasn't anything like tethers at all. It was still volatile, people were still afraid of investing in it, basically everything was pretty much the same. The volume was low but that was related to the low adoption. It had nothing to do with the existence of altcoins.

bitcoin started alone and it can survive on its own indeed but i think without altcoins we wouldn't be making the same insane profits we made back in dec 2017 pull run, only people who profit from bitcoin trading are the ones who got in back in 2013

instead I believe that it would be strengthened by having 100% dominance, all developers would focus on new features only on btc and maybe it would come first to use it as an alternative payment system to cards in the world...

On 10/5/2019 at 1:13 AM, BillyEllish said:

Yes it can be , many people do not buy other cryptoCurrency they just have bitcoin , people trade bitcoin to USD

Good Lick

On 10/10/2019 at 6:47 PM, bitcoworld said:

Great Question, I think Bitcoin will survive without almost 99% of the COins on the Market

Well I will go extra mile and I would say that bitcoin can survive without any altcoin however having some alt around will make the industry healthy and competitive.

Ethereum Litecoin Monero and so on? I think as well yes as Bitcoins Value is not the Altcoin Market!

There are actually a lot of good altcoins but problem is the number of useless coins are so high that it's sometimes hard to recognize them.

Bitcoin will survive on the crypto market, even if it is the only currency, without anything else. Remember that the first crypto currency made is Bitcoin and it is still the most important currency on the market. As this coin survived in the beginning, it could do it now. It would be unfortunate that there is no other altcoins, however, because the beauty of cryptocurrency would disappear.

Edited by wingfield

I think that the electronic business has a great future and these problems that they face now will find them the solution is the future of humanity.

I think it would dediateky survive but its appeal would dwindle. So much btc is traded to withdraw exchange altcoins. Just in terms of that volume. Certainly a lot of it would be gone without altcoins. Things would be very different. 

On 10/5/2019 at 4:13 AM, BillyEllish said:

It survived during 2009 and 2010. However, altcoins has really important mission to improve the blockchain technologies. Now we are talking about blockchain 2.0/smart contracts/cross chain etc. thanks to altcoins.