How to control feelings in trading and why you should control them. - Forex Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Jeremias1997

How to control feelings in trading and why you should control them.

Well as I put in the title, what should be done when trading with our feelings.
This is going to be a very personal guide, as it is what I do, and it may not suit everyone, but I want to give you an idea of what to do.
First, I take the time to explore what I feel when analyzing, I am happy, angry, frustrated, happy, all this is as good as bad, being happy can give you an excess of confidence, let alone if you are angry, sad or frustrated.
Second, if you are bad or frustrated by trading or your personal life, something you can do is express yourself and free yourself from those feelings by writing it in a notebook, this is something I read in a book and it helped me a lot, to release the feelings.
This guide is small and simple, until you put it into practice and you notice the importance of your feeling in trading.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

you're right! At first, when you open a trade, you have a lot of mixed feelings.
then with practice and preparation, we achieve consistency!

• +5 1

On 10/7/2020 at 8:53 AM, luis ruiz said:

you're right! At first, when you open a trade, you have a lot of mixed feelings.
then with practice and preparation, we achieve consistency!

And it is the most normal thing in my point of view, we are sentient beings and it is normal to feel and drag a ball of feeling every day.  It is already part of the responsibility of each one if they want to change or not.  Thanks Luis

The issue is that they try to attribute losses to feelings and it is a mistake people lose money not because of their feelings but because they do not know how to operate, if I put a position it is because I have discovered a possible scenario that favors me and I am not going to close my position because the feelings tell me the risk management is part of the knowledge of the market and the market instrument not because of what I feel

8 hours ago, 1DollarRenta said:

El tema es que tratan de atribuir pérdidas a los sentimientos y es un error la gente pierde dinero no por sus sentimientos sino porque no saben cómo operar, si pongo un puesto es porque he descubierto un posible escenario que favorece yo y no voy a cerrar mi puesto porque los sentimientos me dicen que la gestión del riesgo es parte del conocimiento del mercado y del instrumento del mercado no por lo que siento

Very good answer indeed, and that is how you say it if we know what we are doing it should not affect our state of mind, it is my opinion

Controlling feelings in trading is very important because will help you to trade while focusing. The good way to control everything in trading, is to put away your personal feelings when you want to trade. Personal feelings can affect you psychological and can lead to a loss.

• +2 1

Time is the ultimate weapon!

The main thing to keep in mind is that work is one thing and our personal life is another. If you want to be successful in any business, even in commerce, you must separate the feelings from your work activities since this is what makes you a true professional. If you find yourself in a situation where mainly negative feelings are the ones that are ruling your mind, the best and most advisable thing is to unsubscribe for a while until you feel sufficiently recovered and then resume your activities and be able to operate in the trading of the cryptocurrencies with peace of mind.

• +3 1

Dealing with emotions could be a nightmare; we are all humans after all. 

To deal with emotions:

• Have your proper laid down plans.
  • DYOR
  • Choose the right investment and platforms.
  • Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

With the above properly followed, emotions can be controlled realistically.

My Altcointalks username —° Raqeebzy