Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer? - Page 10 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Joewilbertson

Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer?

On 2/4/2020 at 3:01 PM, Ovis25 said:

I am not that good on Bitcoin mining but with the advice I got from friends, I think it can slow down or crash a computer if the computer is not strong enough

In general mine in your computer broke your pc and make slower more 50 er cent even if you have a good possessor and graphic card and finally you dont get nothing good ,but any one can try this it's free

• +1 1

30 minutes ago, DoboniAyuuii said:

Computers can be used to mine, but the life may reduce and also hitting is another issue, for mining bitcoin, it is not good at all as not profit in mining it with CPU. 

I have try mine by my computer in the beginning but it's really not profitable at all i dont get nothing just some satoshi without any value and and my PC become very hot 

• +1 2

The process of generating digital currencies and mining drains the entire
 energy of computers in terms of processor, RAM, etc., 
which makes your device experience a lot of slow, freezing, and other problems, 
and reports have indicated that the use of malware that contains malicious mining tools has increased to 6 times,
 according to the IBM Managed website report Security Services.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

2 hours ago, Philippe2001 said:

The process of generating digital currencies and mining drains the entire
 energy of computers in terms of processor, RAM, etc., 
which makes your device experience a lot of slow, freezing, and other problems, 
and reports have indicated that the use of malware that contains malicious mining tools has increased to 6 times,
 according to the IBM Managed website report Security Services.

What is this? That is total stupid review. Anything that is not prepared and maintained will soon be damaged. Always use software that is trusted and used by the community.

• +2 2

On 10/5/2019 at 3:03 PM, Joewilbertson said:
Yes, you will most certainly overheat your computer.

Causing irreversible damage to your hardware. There is no point in mining bitcoin with your home computer. To mine bitcoin you need an ASIC machine.

Well, so that you need to have some good and high specifications of equipments to do mining especially by having an multiple graphics card which is have an fan to lessen the heat to ventilate your pc.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 3/13/2020 at 11:23 PM, Beromnia said:

Welcome with me
Years ago mining on a computer or using a screen card gave acceptable benefits, after 2016 the computer was not good enough for Bitcoin mining
In the year 2020 Bitcoin cannot be mining using a computer or screen card, an Antminer device must be purchased

It is not necessary to purchase antminer, but it is the best in the market though, there are still other miners. Also, for some cryptocurrencies, you can still use GPU. 

• +2 4

On 3/23/2020 at 11:49 AM, bentayebsalah said:

Through my personal experience, where I was using one of my devices to mine until it was damaged

Very such is used phone to mine with PoW, it will be damaged, I am not sure about computers but likely but rare. Better getting good lines like asics are better. 

• +2 2
  • +3 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:50 AM, scorpiali said:

I have try mine by my computer in the beginning but it's really not profitable at all i dont get nothing just some satoshi without any value and and my PC become very hot 

Hnit only you tried that, I did too and completely wasted of time, it is not profitable at all, my comouter hots like it was abiut to damage. It is a bad idea. 

On 6/21/2020 at 6:13 AM, Mcd0d0 said:

Well, so that you need to have some good and high specifications of equipments to do mining especially by having an multiple graphics card which is have an fan to lessen the heat to ventilate your pc.

Asic will be better. 

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

48 minutes ago, Pubgmama said:

Bitcoin digging isn't terrible for PC

Wow, you ate so wrong, bitcoin mining is not on PC again, PC bitcoin mining era had long gone. You need to get powerful miners, asics are preferable. 

Edited by BitcryptoHan
  • Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +5 1

On 6/30/2020 at 9:47 AM, Yomose said:

Hnit only you tried that, I did too and completely wasted of time, it is not profitable at all, my comouter hots like it was abiut to damage. It is a bad idea

I'm agree with you it's really wasting time i have never try it all the time but this is in my begging i have no experience but after i have more experience i know the trust

Present CPU mining is not profitable but monero coin mining still good through computers, its not damage computers but you try bitcoin mining then its effective, because bitcoin mining need specific equipment like graphic cards and asic then its profitable.

• +2 2

16 hours ago, Honny143 said:

Present CPU mining is not profitable but monero coin mining still good through computers, its not damage computers but you try bitcoin mining then its effective, because bitcoin mining need specific equipment like graphic cards and asic then its profitable.

I have heard about monero mining which is CPU supported, that is why some hackers uses a particular botnets as malware some people computer to mine monero.

• +5 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, sidalilaroma85 said:

Not true my dear friend what are you saying on your topic because there a powerful graphic cards and SPU and CPU witch are used for mining and you have only to provide to this equipment a cooling condition as air conditioner, tape on YouTube how to create a mining Rig and you will find out what i am telling.

With what I know, no CPU is good for mining bitcoin, if it is monero or other  CPU supported mining coins I will not argue this. At least, for btc we new asics. 

Asics are the best for bit coin mining purposes. 

• +1 1
  • +5 1

On 7/4/2020 at 11:24 PM, Honny143 said:

Well, if you have a good computer which us having a high specifications, you can actually do mining because it can manage to do mining but it just need a low thread like 9 or 10.

• -5 1
  • +1 1

2 hours ago, BitcryptoHan said:

I agree to this, but only for proof of service mining, it can not be good for prove of work mining, pow makes computers to be hot and may actually damage the computer. People with new computer will not want to risk the computer for such unprofitable task. 

Well, I'll get your point but my point is it can be used to do mining but this is not recommendable by many people especially for experts because it just having a 1 GPU (in true story it needs some 3 to 4 GPU to run a mining rig), not having a good temp which needs a fully air-conditioned room and also the sustainability of the electricity, there has a required electricity for it.

Mining large currencies using bitcoin has the potential to pose a risk to the computer. Yes, but there are some currency-specific portfolios that allow you to use mining.

• +3 1

Bitcoin mining is very bad for our normal computers because that mining process will overheat the pc machine and it will die in less than a month. Its good to have special mining tools and use them instead of your laptop/ desktop computer.

• +1 1

Mining BTC is not good for our computers, it consumes power & destroys hardware without too much benefit because our computers are not optimized for mining BTC or other POW coins.
The idea of forging coin POS will be more feasible and logical!

• +1 3

Of course it is difficult two or three years ago, mining on computers was very easy, but today we need special mining equipment with high specifications.

• +1 1

On 7/7/2020 at 4:33 PM, Bitcoindaily said:

Yes definitely you will lost time for nothing start collect in free wey it's better it's will take time but in final you will have money bitcoin I have one way easy to jump time collect usdc  and usdt 

https://freeusdcoin.com/?ref=14328

https://freetether.com/?ref=59395

I will not advice such, free coin are so easy to collect but are completely wasted of time. You have tried it before and see it profitable? Do not advice what is totally wrong to people on this forum. 

• +1 2

On 7/9/2020 at 3:33 PM, MrSpasybo said:

Mining BTC is not good for our computers, it consumes power & destroys hardware without too much benefit because our computers are not optimized for mining BTC or other POW coins.
The idea of forging coin POS will be more feasible and logical!

Yes, you are right, btc mining is not good for computers, it makes computer hot and can damage the computer although only in rare occasions, about the PoS, it is the best for computers but also good for phones as it does not make use of the device CPU at all. 

• +1 2

11 hours ago, EmiKanNi said:

Satoshi used computer to mine bitcoin in 2009 and 2010, the bitcoin pizza man used computer to mine too, so how exactly can the laptop be damaged? I think you are not right. But mining with computers nowadays is not profitable at all. 

I really agree with you, but remember during satoshi time you are talking about, a lot of bitcoin can be generated as mining difficulty was so little. Mining may no damage computer like the way you think, but it will make the computer hot and this can reduce the livespan. 

• +1 2

Bitcoin mining is very hard because of competition. If you don't have a very powerful machine you should not mine bitcoin. You are just wasting your time. The electricity cost will exceed your mining profit. Also it can heat up and damage computer.

• +1 1

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

3 hours ago, estee369 said:

Bitcoin mining is very hard because of competition. If you don't have a very powerful machine you should not mine bitcoin. You are just wasting your time. The electricity cost will exceed your mining profit. Also it can heat up and damage computer.

You need to get it right about miners, they often work inna way that most miners consume more electricity. You need to talk about how mining could be difficult in countries or cities with hot weathers like Africa countries and counties like India in Asia. 

• +1 1