Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer? - Page 6 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Joewilbertson

Is Bitcoin mining bad for your computer?

On 2/2/2020 at 2:37 PM, Shakil55 said:

Mining can overheat your computer his It can be harmful to your computer. I think mining is bad for your computer.

Well, that's true. If your pc isn't compatible to use for mining and it only has low end specs, I'm sure it will not stand long enough when you start to mine crypto.

I am not that good on Bitcoin mining but with the advice I got from friends, I think it can slow down or crash a computer if the computer is not strong enough

Mining is surely going to hurt yur personal computer and its not worthy for any one if he want to do mining as its just wast of time and money as its hurting your computer and you are on losing side this is very slow by today's standard so no point to do this

The extra extra work you do in your mainframe for mining will be extra damaging. You can suffer from it. The itinerary is unsure of your mainframe because mining requires precision and energy

4 hours ago, Adnan Masud said:

I think computer is the best device for mining.  Mobile phones are not suitable for mining.Basically most of the mining sites are fake.

Not the best, but it is better to do mining on a computer compared to a cell phone. But also using computers is not arbitrary, all equipment must support mining.

• +2 1

Yes of course..in the past it was easy and you can mining by your computer...but now it's harder and harder and will make heat for your computer and damage your hardware..so u need ASIC machine for it

If your computer is an old computer that needs a lot of upgrade, then yes, it's bad for your PC. Most miners will buy mining equipment to mine bitcoin tho, and it's very really like very expensive.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:35 PM, rjroshan said:

Mining with home computer will case to overheat your pc hardware. Expensive cost to maintain your computer if damage has done. You had to pay extra electricity bill. For those reasons mining bitcoin is should not accept for your pc.

I agree with you, mining without the right equipment will really cause your computer  get broke or at worse some fuse in your computer will explode and need to buy again. so be wise from it.

I was mining bitcoin with my small computer like two months but suddenly something bad happened! It overheated and die hard! I just buy new one and got a lesson... dont ever mine any currency with small laptops, cpu.

Time is the ultimate weapon!

yes absolutely it is bad and it will damage you computer. if you are mining with you are mining with your computer stop it as  soon as possible because  computer is not strong enough for mining and you wont get anything from mining and you are just wasting your time and electricity.

• +5 1

It causes heat-buildup in your machine which in turn destroys its hardware. On reaching the maximum heat, the machine will slow down its processes to cool down making it sluggish in the long run.

If you use your machine to mine bitcoin, the device will get aged further because it is being used longer (you must repair it before normal), the computer overheats and certain components malfunction.

yes bitcoin mining bad for your computer for bitcoin mining you need powerful gpu better to mine other coins like monero and many more.

• +3 1

On 10/5/2019 at 2:35 PM, dentolas said:

On BTC mining, the difficulty is very high because there is many people using powerfull hardware in competition... so, I don't directly agree that it will damage your computer, as it depends a lot on the computer, but it will be mining, so it will be running almost max resources and you won't be getting anything worth for it... so, your computer will at least get it's life shortened, you'll spend electricity, and in the end you'll have a handfull of satoshis

It's gonna sometimes bad because it consumes more power, electrical energy, space & internet and above all the ram of the computer. This all factor contribute to the heating up.of the device contributing to the device getting burned out  .

We cannot insist on having to use ASIC to mine. Because not everyone is able to do it, it's better to do it with the appropriate platform. At least we are trying to get results and the results can be upgraded to a higher computer.

It has caused damage. you may get a virus from BTC, not to mention digging BTC is very difficult because it harms your computer a lot, BTC mining machines often have no life.

Are you using a low spec computer or your computer is not specially build for mining? Then yes, especially if your computer is the cheap one, it won't even run the mining requirement or it may even damage your computer. Mining on computer require a good set up and a lot of money to build it.

• Useful or interesting 1

I think computer is the best device for mining.  Mobile phones are not suitable for mining The vast majority of mining sites are fake.  So working here can help you.

obviously you risking your computer for mining few pennies of crypto. but its okey to mine with asic machines because it no longer required to keep the laptop grew to become on.

I suggest doing more marketing and otherwise you feel ready to buy good prices and when it rises and sells, digging BTC with CPU will no longer offset your profits but I do not recommend that your equipment be damaged