What guarantees that a currency is stable? - For Beginners - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Sdluca70

What guarantees that a currency is stable?

I understand the concept of a stable coin, but I do not understand how they make that happen and it is maintained over time.

• Useful or interesting 8
  • -1 2
  • +1 9
  • +2 10
  • +3 6
  • +4 3
  • +5 1

Just now, Sdluca70 said:

Entiendo el concepto de moneda estable, pero no entiendo cómo hacen que eso suceda y se mantiene en el tiempo.

what a currency is established as stable must be associated with the currencies of the financial world. It's what I know.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 3
  • +3 1

Greetings. A currency is stable according to supply and demand and its comparison to the value of other reference stable currencies. For example the USD, GBP and EUR

• +1 1
  • +3 1

I think it depends a lot on the investments that are made and who makes them, if a prestigious organization makes an insurance investment, the price rises but if on the contrary it withdraws, it goes down

The stablecoins are a type of cryptocurrency that is associated with the value of 'fiat' currency such as the dollar or the euro, with material good such as gold or real estate, or with another cryptocurrency. There are also Stablecoins that are not associated with any other curreny but are controlled by algorithms to maintain a stable price. And in this way they reduce the volatility of most cryptocurrencies.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

In order for the currency to be stable, there must be a balance between supply and demand, and stability of news because it affects the price of the currency

• -2 1

Дорогой друг, монета стабильна просто потому, что создатели решили сделать ее стабильной ... может быть нисходящий тренд, а монета не движется, а также восходящий тренд, и монета останется с той стоимостью, которую сказал создатель валюта последует. Это что-то простое, как следует из слова СТАБИЛЬНЫЙ. Они также могут сравнить котируемую стабильность, привязанную к другой валюте, например к доллару или евро. Еще один факт заключается в том, что трейдеры часто используют стабильные валюты, поскольку с их помощью мы защищаем себя во время спада и возвращаем свои деньги в некоторые стабильные валюты, такие как usdt.

• -5 2

There is NO guarantee, like any currency, there is always the risk that it may lose value, that depends on the game of supply and demand, but in general, nothing guarantees that a currency is stable. 

Any currency or coin in crypto platform cannot be considered stable with hundred percent guarantee. So far as I can tell Bitcoins have more value than any other coins. The many other coins such as litecoin and ethereumm that are on the rise. But one cannot provide any guarantee to its stableness. so it is essential that you should do the necessary research and analysis before investing in a kind of coins and currencies.

• +2 2
  • +3 1

number of people using it and the constant developement of the code, if it becomes abandoned then the price goes down quick.

There is no guarantee because as we know currencies are not stable at once they are changing their position time by time. So if you sit with this idea that any currency is stable so that is your week thinking.

On 6/10/2020 at 16:21, Sdluca70 said:

Entiendo el concepto de moneda estable, pero no entiendo cómo hacen que eso suceda y se mantiene en el tiempo.

This depends on their distribution and volume, also on the use given to these stable coins, that is, they cannot give it away all the time because this will cause their price to drop considerably, so that they remain stable they must also be widely used by users steadily but without increasing their volume.

Usually virtual currencies are stable when there is a similar amount of supply and demand, although this is not always the case, usually the market for cryptos is very volatile and we will never know exactly if a price is really going to remain stable. Proof of this is bitcoin, which is the basis of many cryptos and its price is never stable

Ensuring that the currency does not fall is its strong projects, progress in development, and good income from it, such as defi, and it is always news about the project according to the road map

• +2 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:09 PM, Lenard said:

The stablecoins are a type of cryptocurrency that is associated with the value of 'fiat' currency such as the dollar or the euro, with material good such as gold or real estate, or with another cryptocurrency. There are also Stablecoins that are not associated with any other curreny but are controlled by algorithms to maintain a stable price. And in this way they reduce the volatility of most cryptocurrencies.

I agree with you on this point,mostly stable coins are tied with traditional currencies like USD so that it's stability is maintained since fait currencies are less volatile and a good example of stable coin I know is USDT.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:57 PM, braccovzla said:

I think it depends a lot on the investments that are made and who makes them, if a prestigious organization makes an insurance investment, the price rises but if on the contrary it withdraws, it goes down

One dear colleague, I am of the same opinion as you or at least what I think. If any prestigious organization is involved in the project, it will surely have a good value.
Good luck and big winnings for the whole community
A big greeting

On 10/7/2020 at 4:21 AM, Sdluca70 said:

I understand the concept of a stable coin, but I do not understand how they make that happen and it is maintained over time.

Do you mean the stable price of every coin? I think the exact reason why ths price of coin are stable because of the supply and demand on it. As long as many people are using a certain currency the price of it will go up and down. That's what I think.

• +1 1

On 10/6/2020 at 9:21 PM, Sdluca70 said:

Stable coin is running and algorithm that is pegged to a fiat currency like dollar. Is USD stable? No. Which means no coin is stable but having a certain price that mimic that of dollar or other fiat currency like euro. 

Stable currencies have their price linked to the US dollar, and the price remains constant through the balance of supply and demand, or by burning quantities of the currency in order to maintain its price, and often those currencies have central bonds or tangible assets.

• +1 1

It seems to me that all this depends on the demand for the coin, or its level in General, the time for exchange, the Commission. That is, it seems to me that if there is a stable coin, it means that seeing all its assets, users will keep it at such a level that it does not raise the boundaries, and is interesting to everyone. What do you think?

On 10/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, Sdluca70 said:

@Sdluca70 A stable currency is based on real assets and with monetary value as support for its price, for example there are currencies that are backed by gold, commodities or the dollar, which base their value on the rise or fall of the same to stay in the parameters expected by those who control them, being linked to these resources makes the currency more stable and there are no major fluctuations in its price, for example the USDT or the DAI are stable currencies, in the case of the DAI this project is based on the ETH for its stability through smart contract established in the code used in it, regards.

• +2 1

In fact, cryptocurrencies can never be fixed in price!
It is closely related to supply and demand.
Any change in it will cause a change in the currency's value.
Therefore, in order for currencies to remain with a fixed value, these data must be fixed.
And I don't think this is possible!

At the present time, we cannot know whether the currency has stabilized or not, because the current situation is facing many fluctuations and global problems.