Malware hacked Thousands of computers to mine bitcoin - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

Malware hacked Thousands of computers to mine bitcoin

4 hours ago, Ajay RV said:

Is that real..oh my god when it happened then every crypto users will suffer by these things, i hope that malwares dont be affect our computers, as am a student just earning for daily expenses, then how can i hold that much crypto for the malwares..

Yes, this is real and it happened to me personally, my device had been infected with this virus before and I suffered a lot, but in the end I got rid of it, thank God. So I wrote this topic to warn people against infection by their devices with this virus.

This is not something new - I got such trojan about an year and a half ago. The fun fact was that I got it when tried to download a crack for an old antivirus for my old laptop - the crack didn't work but it installed that trojan which download 250+ other trojans which put a number of icons for gambling, adult websites and a number of such trojans that I read were using my laptop for a network of computer zombies used for crypto mining. I tried to clean all the trojans but most of them were recovering and re-appearing so the only possible solution was to format the HDD and re-install Windows.

To avoid this kind of hacking incident or getting some malware or other virus gets into our computer, we should use anti-viruses that is licensed or legitimate copy. Also we should be careful with our activities when we browse the internet, sometimes the sites we visited secretly uploads virus on our computer or like when we download some file, there is a virus attached to it.

6 hours ago, fila said:

This has been done several times now but if the malware is programmed to mine bitcoin on standard computers of users then that will not result in much good. That is why usually they use cpu friendly coins like monero as those can still be mined with every day computers.

Yes, that's right. Bitcoin mining cannot be done on regular computers. Most likely, the best currency for mining on a computer is Monero. In any case, using other people's computers for mining is a crime.

Pirates get stronger over time and clear viruses are created. If we are not careful you will slip every penny we have. Therefore, we make it our special duty at every step.

35 minutes ago, Joyredot said:

I will never know what will happen if there is a mining and division that will happen in the future, we will see that there will definitely be a story from the mining.would stop to mine btc because it could be more expensive. In that case amount of daily mined btc would reduce a lot and all btc would take more years to mine.Bitcoin mining, I mostly recommend strong graphics cards, I do it myself with a mining graphics card, and the graphics card is more profitable than 

I am surprised when I find some members with a good rank who does not know what subject we are talking about and talking about another subject, we are here talking about malware that mining through the computers of the victims. So, please be your comment within the topic.

I still remember when uTorrent software used to take advantage of computers to mine Bitcoin (don't know if that problem is solved now).

8 hours ago, selim09 said:

That bitcoin mining is dangerous especially if the hardware is not suitable in this kind of process. So this time hacker Learn man usege resources and crypto .and this Time hacker is very advance. They can make many virus . And they affected our computer.

Yes, this is a very dangerous type of virus, and although I do not think that these viruses can mining Bitcoin because that requires very powerful devices, but they still have the ability to mining other currencies easier so you should pay close attention and caution.

Yes it really is a real tale going round the sector. Since last 5 years there .Have been many instances reporting from cloud servers & IT Companies that some JavaScript software or bot continues strolling down there inside the heritage of their computer systems.....Which consumes more electricity & consequently after investigation discovered that the computers were hacked  to mine bitcoins in surplus quantities.

Cryptocurrency mining malware or simply cryptojacking, is a pretty new time period that refers to software applications and malware additives advanced to take over a laptop's resources and use them for cryptocurrency mining without a consumer's explicit permission.

15 hours ago, Jui27788 said:

Bitcoin mining is the process of earning new Bitcoins by computing hashes that verify transactions and ... Crypto Hacking ... Recent IoT device attacks often include mining malware. 

Yes, viruses and websites that exploit victims ’devices for mining bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, especially Monero, have increased in the recent period, so we must monitor the devices well through antivirus programs and ensure that they are always updated.

Yes, there are many viruses which can even run on normal computers and Android OS, you can detect it by opening the Task Manager and searching for any task that uses a lot of your CPU power, you can protect your device by keeping your antivirus up to date.

I am not very familiar with mining, but I will answer you with the last question, sometimes even advanced and paid protection programs do not find viruses, so this is very dangerous.

But I did not understand how this could happen that they would use your computer to mine coins for themselves. I think it means if you are mining any coin and they would hack your computer to take all control in their hands and earning would go to their accounts instead of you. But they could not use your computer separately for mining. They would hack your mining control.

This is a violation of the privacy and security of the computer user, and this is unacceptable, and it has become annoying and I have been exposed to such malicious software that raises the device temperature and may harm it a lot and the solution is to install a powerful and updated antivirus.

Yes i also heard about that. But i didn't read it completly.it hacks many computers and stole their money. So i will suggest you to be careful. 

On 3/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, iloveyobit said:

I am not very familiar with mining, but I will answer you with the last question, sometimes even advanced and paid protection programs do not find viruses, so this is very dangerous.

Yes, unfortunately, virus programmers develop their malicious tools permanently so that antivirus programs do not detect them, so this is very dangerous and one has to update the antivirus program permanently so that he can discover new viruses.

11 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, unfortunately, virus programmers develop their malicious tools permanently so that antivirus programs do not detect them, so this is very dangerous and one has to update the antivirus program permanently so that he can discover new viruses.

For me, it has been a long time since I put a protection program on my computer because I do not fully understand these matters and know the reliable download sources, but for the beginners, the protection system is essential.

This is very bad news, because mining is already going through a very bad time, and even with hacking, it can even die. The rate of bitcoin and other currencies is very low, it is hard to pay off now from the extraction of cryptocurrencies.

i am curious to know that how to know that our computer is also effected by this Virus? and how our computer gets effected ? and how to remove such virus if we get infected without erasing our data ?

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

8 hours ago, jitu123321 said:

mallware not only hack computers but also hack browsers to mine monero for his master so i suggest to keep up to date your OS and Antivirus and never go with free antivirus because they are may comes with bugs which will help hackers

Yes, your words are completely true, dear, there are suspicious websites on the Internet when you access them that work to plant some malware in your browser and work to mine the Monero currency through the browser without your knowledge.

This is just what i was just advising some people about, i also heard about the same scenario what this user who am not disclosing. I provide games on their site but attache it with bitcoin minning malware. I so one has to be careful when downloading apps and softwares. 

On 3/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, apealing said:

there was even one case that had befell, a newly reinstalled pc may be exposed to malware and steal all the statistics that was there.

Yes, infection of the device with one virus leads to infection of many other devices through communication or transfer of programs, flashes, or other Media Stores. Therefore, care must be taken and installing strong protection programs.

1 hour ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, infection of the device with one virus leads to infection of many other devices through communication or transfer of programs, flashes, or other Media Stores. Therefore, care must be taken and installing strong protection programs.

That is why it is very important to use antivirus and avoid sharing  files, better download on your own..