Can Bitcoin influence other altcoins? - Page 2 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Delgboke

Can Bitcoin influence other altcoins?

Sometimes Bitcoin does not affect other altos. When Bitcoin falls, the price remains and does not move on certain altos. I noticed that. 

• Useful or interesting 1

Yes it can influence the other alt coin because bitcoin is base currency for all other currencies and almost all exchange platform are doing exchange or trade with bitcoin so that is the reason that i can influence others.

What’s going on here is that altcoins trade predominantly against BTC (i.e. these are crypto-to-crypto exchanges), and BTC trades predominantly against the dollar. So if bitcoin rises in value, in order to maintain the same USD value, altcoins need to drop in terms of BTC. Traders talk of altcoins being ‘pegged’ to bitcoin, in the sense that a move for bitcoin will necessarily entail a move for altcoins. If more altcoins traded directly against the dollar rather than BTC, it might be different, but for now, BTC remains the major on-ramp for altcoins.

Well, I don't exactly know the reason but you will notice every time bitcoin price dumps or turns red in the market other coins will also become red and dumping, and every time it turns green also other currencies will follow even though I don't know the reason but base on observation for the past years I realize that other coins are attached to bitcoin and bitcoin can affect the price of different currencies.

Yes since bitcoin is still king of the cryptocurrency space , all other coins usually rise or go down when bitcoin does. There are some exceptions but as a general view they still follow the king . 

This is for sure, and it usually happens permanently, Bitcoin is the master of currencies and any rise or fall in its price affects all the formation. 2020 will be the same. I don't think there will be a change in this rule.

27 minutes ago, Crypto123 said:

This is for sure, and it usually happens permanently, Bitcoin is the master of currencies and any rise or fall in its price affects all the formation. 2020 will be the same. I don't think there will be a change in this rule.

Yeahhh you really right, Bitcoin is the pionerr and also the main of cryptocurrency market and that was really affecting whole altcoin price but i think not all, Some top 10 altcoin atleast can more stable with the current price (Not Stable coins) When bitcoin rise or fall.

I think it still affects, the market follows bitcoin, the market is the same as with bitcoin, bitcoin affects 90% of coins/tokens.

Yes of course Bitcoin will affect many other coins and the price of Bitcoin will increase by 2020.  So we need to be interested in Bitcoin investment and transactions so we can make profit.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:21 AM, Sumayya said:

But they all worked together, bitcoin and other altcoin are all paired together. Isn't that an influence?

Yes, it is 

3 hours ago, Sumayya said:

So now what i am talking is making sense now

Of course and everything that creates a positive influence in the crypto market is highly welcome and this is why i support what you said earlier.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, positive said:

Of course and everything that creates a positive influence in the crypto market is highly welcome and this is why i support what you said earlier.

That is nice, Thanks for that

Even if not all cryptocurrencies are using such a system. The Bitcoin price: all other cryptocurrencies are based on the bitcoin price, which can affect other currencies as a consequence of changes in the bitcoin price. There was an error. For example, prices can increase if media reports on the blockchain space positively.

Bitcoin is in the top on all other crypto currencies.all crypto coin support bitcoin for buying and selling .Bitcoin have great influence on all other crypto currencies.

Yes,bitcoins affect some of altcoins coz altcoins are based on bitcoin exchange rate. They dont move together,when bitcoin drops,it is the seasons for altcoins,and viceversa,it is because when they see that bitcoins are rising they pull their money on that altcoins for bitcoin which causes drops on price of that altcoins,and increase on bitcoins,same with when bitcoin drops,they sell their bitcoin for that rising altcoins.

Bitcoin has a big impact on the entire cryptocurrency market. At a time when Bitcoin is going up sharply, the entire cryptocurrency market is becoming bloody. I have long noticed this pattern.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:58 AM, Yanadia said:

Fot sure what Bitcoin can actually influence other altcoins in 2020. At the moment it's clearly seen Top coins like Ethereum, litecoin just.influence by Bitcoin price.

Yes we saw that Etherum, Litecoin Xrp price increase when Bitcoin price increase. Now 2020 will be happen bitcoin influence another coin? Or take more time.? 

On 1/5/2020 at 12:42 PM, rajonmia said:

Yes we saw that Etherum, Litecoin Xrp price increase when Bitcoin price increase. Now 2020 will be happen bitcoin influence another coin? Or take more time.? 

Bitcoin will definitely influence the altcoin market but only the altcoin with good support will experience the surge in price. However, XRP shouldnt be consider as an altcoin to invest in.

Yes it can. especially the good coins lile litecoin,Eth,xrp, 

we all waiting bitcoin to reach again 13000 then the eth will be 300 in a second.

All the best 

I think This is proved by the quick development in the supply of other digital currencies that are challenging Bitcoin. An increased volume of new cryptocurrencies carries the possibility of ultimately crushing or at least greatly influencing Bitcoin prices and adoption.

I  think it always does because as you look at it , there are a number of way sto which they move to the command of  bitcoin , the most beautiful thing about bitcoin being real is how to handle it in the right way , which altocoin is the best to swing with especially when bitcoin does and to me I think litecoin is really important because it can be one of those coins that are easy to get but not as fast in movement.

The way I see it, is Btc is the only coin that can influence not just specific altcoins, but the entire coinmarket cap. I don't see any other coin having the same influence. If however, i understand what you mean, I can say, during the high spike of btc, after btc spiked and was not moving much, altcoins started spiking. In other words to say, altcoins were spiking without the help of bitcoin for brief period.

I think that bitcoin is the first coin that has been made and it can't influence any other coin because it's personal have a high effect on it. 

I think bitcoin can influence altcoins because some of the other altcoins price changes when bitcoin's price change. I don't know but I notice that when bitcoin's price fall, ripple's price also drops too, I'm not sure if they are really related to each other.